Delisted #19: Kobe Mutch - Not offered a contract for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi internet stranger that has been a member of this community for a matter of days, and I have never had any interaction with whatsoever.

Let me send you my whole work history, contact details of all of my bosses and colleagues, a copy of my uni transcript and credit card details.
don't forget your TFN, thx

It seems odd they've just stopped all of a sudden with no explanation (as far as we know) as to the cause.
All signs point to the fact that Kobe was abducted by aliens and the brain probes (inserted anally, of course) caused him intermittent discomfort when the lost connection to the mothership. Telstra's recent problems confirm this theory.

I may not be a medical professional, but I did watch a bit of ET in primary school

How do I know you're not actually a medical professional who's seen ET in its entirety several times?

I'll need some proof of these outlandish claims sir.
Well actually the burden of proof is on you to prove that I have to prove who I am, don't you know how arguing on the internet works???

It seems odd they've just stopped all of a sudden with no explanation (as far as we know) as to the cause.
He is not a coffee drinker and takes a fairly high dose of caffeine on game day to boost performance, he is not getting a maintenance dose during the week so starts to suffer from caffeine withdrawal related headaches. Because of the headaches he takes a break from playing so no longer needs supplementation. Withdrawal stops and the headaches go away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is not a coffee drinker and takes a fairly high dose of caffeine on game day to boost performance, he is not getting a maintenance dose during the week so starts to suffer from caffeine withdrawal related headaches. Because of the headaches he takes a break from playing so no longer needs supplementation. Withdrawal stops and the headaches go away.
Well that sounds pretty dumb if true.

Where is Kobe at?

Disappointed he's only played 3 games in two years. I was hoping/expecting to play 10-15 games this year.

Is he a chance at being best 22 in the next 12-18 months or is his lack of pace and penetrating kick going to mean he's always depth for us?
He was never going to play 10+ games this year, you were setting your expectations way too high. He's developing nicely, and he's not yet 21. Give him time.

He could have easily played a lot more games this year. Played consistently well all year. I'm sure he's still got bits and pieces to work on at VFL level but I reckon those games we gave to Colyer should have been going to Mutch instead.
We also have been relatively healthy through the midfield, whilst the forward line has had a lot more injuries, which has also made it harder for him to break into the team.

Still think he will be a permanent fixture sooner rather than later. He may not be quick but he's not that slow either, he's got a great tank, he's strong overhead and is a good size and works really hard to help out in defense. Can also draw a free, which we could do with more of in our senior side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back