If I Was A Pro, I Would Dope; a blackcat story

blackcat

Irving's godfather and handle
Dec 29, 2003
Beverly Hills 90210 Antifa bracket
AFL Club
Richmond
I think it is a sound rational decision to dope if one was a professional sportsman, like philososopher historian Thucydides said in his record on the Peloponnesian Wars, morality has no concern, it is power and might which makes right *reductive

If we as the royal we have access to the Insider Rule, and not Outsider rubes, as the great and inimtable Martin Vinnicombe said, if you are inside the kitchen get cookin'. Joe Montana said 'if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'. The European cyclists call it being professional.

/grammar

The unsaid question... would one seek to be a pro. Fill in the gaps to the blackcat answer /third person

yaco55

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Slarti does not need the false illusion of success drawn from drugs.
Having some dumb bimbo bestow a wreath on you at the finishing line may impress some but not those who look in the mirror with a discerning stare.
Mind you the cash would be good!
Let’s make sport communistic. Everyone gets the same dollars regardless if they are first or last.
Then we will see who has the best genes.

In some sports you have no choice but to dope - No doping = no spot on the team - Of course a few million or tens of million gives one an incentive - It comes to risk analysis - Wallow in the cash VS the small chance of being caught and being uncomfortable for a few months - The choice is a lay down misere.

Last edited:
Well paint me green and call me a cucumber. The Cat is pro-doping!

That's a strange inference to make from Blackcat's post - His post details why some choose to dope, and in no way does Blackcat definitively state doping is good - It seems little has changed in five years.

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
edit: i meant 'martin vinnicombe' above, not <strikethru>skippy phil anderson.

yaco55 did u see the sbs coverage of the tour in 2010 when lance came back w astana (then radioshack) Yaco why, when Toma asks Skippy Anderson if he ever saw Lance's GT talent manifest and skippy does the #sotovocce soto vocce stifled chuckle pleonasm and skippy went back to his bike tours, jaws, and eqine physiognomy[sic]

basashi

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
FFC Quay Club
In some sports you have no choice but to dope - No doping = no spot on the team - Of course a few million or tens of million gives one an incentive - It comes to risk analysis - Wallow in the cash VS the small chance of being caught and being uncomfortable for a few months - The choice is a lay down misere.

It doesn't matter whether others know you are cheating or not. The fact is that you would know. For a gentleman, that is enough.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
51tMp9ZgGsL._SX349_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers

If you can get your hands on a copy of that book, it's insightful :thumbsu:

Only sold around 20,000 copies though.

Drugs are as entrenched in top level sport as nutrition and only a naive fool would believe otherwise.

The book essentially tells of the choice that Reiterer HAD to make to stay competitive, not just be elite, at the top level of throwing competition.

Europeans that he had a better technique than, and that he'd thrown further than and beaten in the juniors, were now beating him by panels all with the same shitty technique a few years later.

Fascinating to read about the West German training programs of the 70's & 80's also.

Last edited:

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
If you can get your hands on a copy of that book, it's insightful :thumbsu:

Only sold around 20,000 copies though.

Drugs are as entrenched in top level sport as nutrition and only a naive fool would believe otherwise.

The book essentially tells of the choice that Reiterer HAD to make to stay competitive, not just be elite, at the top level of throwing competition.

Europeans that he had a better technique than, and that he'd thrown further than and beaten in the juniors, were now beating him by panels all with the same shitty technique a few years later.

Fascinating to read about the West German training programs of the 70's & 80's also.
I spoke about it with two figbooty port supporters RussellEbertHandball and b0ydman and boydman was gonna lend me his copy... as they know, I am expert from OUTSIDER perspective...

I sucked in Dave culbert on twitter to indict himself and slammed down the pic of the cover of the Reiterer book like a winning hand in cards, cos the long jumper is still one of the most vehement critics of AFL and Essendon and I showed Lance Uppercut my handiwork

Last edited:

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
also Santoz did Reiterer not go to Sydney Olympics by his own choice the waymybrain is remembering/telling me... and then (few months or single month post or preceding) the melbourne metropolitan athletics T&A calender/fixture he won the hammerthrow/or discus whichever his discipline in the weekend mèet for his home club (Kew?), in a distance which would have won him gold in Sydney. at least that is how I remember the anecdote... it does 'sound' apocryphal tho

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
also Santoz did Reiterer not go to Sydney Olympics by his own choice the waymybrain is remembering/telling me... and then the melbourne metropolitan athletics T&A calender/fixture he won the hammerthrow/or discus whichever his discipline in the weekend mèet for his home club (Kew?), in a distance which would have won him gold in Sydney. at least that is how I remember the anecdote... it does 'sound' apocryphal tho

He definitely decided against competing in the Olympics. Think he released the book a few months earlier. Not sure about the local meet story as my understanding is that by the time the Olympics began it was common knowledge he had used drugs and dunno whether they'd be happy to have him compete knowing this.

Sorry I can't help.

Back