List Mgmt. Ranking the MFC list

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Oliver has shown way more than Petracca so far. He’s won a B and F in his second year and was talked about as an outside Brownlow chance. Petracca just does freakish things but he’s not in the game anywhere near as much as Clarry.
Dont forget Clarry came in and hit the ground running but Petracca had his knee then his toe injuries in his first 2 years so had a couple of setbacks to his fitness base early on. I expect with another preseason under his belt this year he will stay involved in the midfield for longer periods then go forward for a rest and kick a few lazy goals at full forward every game.

Worth another go at the halfway mark of the year. Suspect it'll look different again at the end of the season.
  1. Oliver
  2. Hogan
  3. Gawn
  4. T.McDonald
  5. Viney
  6. Jetta
  7. Hibberd
  8. Jones
  9. Brayshaw
  10. O.McDonald
  11. Lever
  12. Petracca
  13. Melksham
  14. Lewis
  15. Salem
  16. Neal-Bullen
  17. Fritsch
  18. Garlett
  19. Tyson
  20. Vince
  21. Hunt
  22. Harmes
  23. Hannan
  24. Pedersen
  25. Spargo
  26. Frost
  27. Weideman
  28. Kent
  29. Bugg
  30. Stretch
  31. J.Smith
  32. Wagner
  33. T.Smith
  34. vandenBerg
I'm not giving up on the guys out the picture yet, on talent they're up there, but they've fallen far.

Anyone's guess from there.

Worth another go at the halfway mark of the year. Suspect it'll look different again at the end of the season.
  1. Oliver
  2. Hogan
  3. Gawn
  4. T.McDonald
  5. Viney
  6. Jetta
  7. Hibberd
  8. Jones
  9. Brayshaw
  10. O.McDonald
  11. Lever
  12. Petracca
  13. Melksham
  14. Lewis
  15. Salem
  16. Neal-Bullen
  17. Fritsch
  18. Garlett
  19. Tyson
  20. Vince
  21. Hunt
  22. Harmes
  23. Hannan
  24. Pedersen
  25. Spargo
  26. Frost
  27. Weideman
  28. Kent
  29. Bugg
  30. Stretch
  31. J.Smith
  32. Wagner
  33. T.Smith
  34. vandenBerg
I'm not giving up on the guys out the picture yet, on talent they're up there, but they've fallen far.

i would also have Hogan on top but there's not much wrong there imo. I could swap a few around a bit but that would just be nit picking.

Hogan has probably been our best so far but if using the OP's criteria of 'most important for the season ahead' Gawn is number one for me.

The drop in quality between Gawn and whoever his replacement would be is just so damn severe. Like...off a cliff levels of severe.

1. Oliver
  2. Hogan
  3. Gawn
  4. T.McDonald
  5. Viney
  6. Jetta
  7. Hibberd
  8. Jones
  9. Brayshaw
  10. O.McDonald
  11. Lever
  12. Petracca
  13. Melksham
  14. Lewis
  15. Salem
  16. Neal-Bullen
  17. Fritsch
  18. Garlett
  19. Tyson
  20. Vince
  21. Hunt
  22. Harmes
  23. Hannan
  24. Pedersen
  25. Spargo
  26. Frost
  27. Weideman
  28. Kent
  29. Bugg
  30. Stretch
  31. J.Smith
  32. Wagner
  33. T.Smith
  34. vandenBerg

No arguments from me. I agree with your top 10, probably just shifting furniture with a couple e.g. Gawn and Oliver swap, swap Viney with OMac (the rock). Such a solid team at the moment. Oh I'd also switch around Melksham with Lever, he's been immense and deserves some recognition.

I think it was for the season, not further ahead than that?

Trac isn't tracking (yeah I went there) in the top 5 this year for importance to our end of season result.
Fair enough, then. Wouldn’t have him too far out though, and if the AFL came to Goodwin at the end of the year and said they’re dissolving our list and we can only keep 5 players you can bet Trac would be one of them

Fair enough, then. Wouldn’t have him too far out though, and if the AFL came to Goodwin at the end of the year and said they’re dissolving our list and we can only keep 5 players you can bet Trac would be one of them
Definitely, but if I had to choose one of or Jones to play on Monday for a guaranteed good game I would choose Jones.

Last edited:
Definitely, but if I had to choose one him and or Jones to play on Monday for a guaranteed good game I would choose Jones.
Yeah I misunderstood. I probably agree, but I’d also be nervous that if I don’t pick Trac I’d be missing out on him pulling out a game like QB last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does form carry in into this?
Or Rep?
Looking at it unbiasedly my analysis would go as follows

Hogan
Gawn
TMac
Clarry
Jones
Jetta
Omac
Angus Brayshaw
Pig Hibbo

Viney
NIB
Salem
*Lever (If Lever was still on the park, without a doubt he belongs in the top of this ranking with the above guys)
Bern
Melksham

Spargo
Hannan (Its hard to seperate the middle section especially these guys)
Harmes
Fritta

Lewis
Track

Joel Smith
Dom Tyson
Tim Smith
Frost
Hunt
Stretch
Choofta
Pedo
Wagner
Jeffy
Bugg
AVB

The above mention guys in the bottom QRT of the list, its obviously going to be harder to rank them when they haven't had the time in the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back