Bluemour Discussion Thread VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No this is incorrect a player cannot be traded to wherever without his consent .
A team can come in with an offer from outside his preferred destination but unless he agrees to go there he cannot be traded to that club .
You are correct about that unless they have changed the rules........and the good old AFL would never change the rules on the run would they??????:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d like Murphy to see out the captaincy. He’s a great role model for the kids and his heart bleeds blue.

I fear giving Cripps too much responsibility might hinder him in the long run. Let him focus on playing good footy and winning his first of two Brownlows.

Plus Doc is the next Captain of the club anyway. The sideline experience he’s getting at the moment during injury is massive for his development and kind of like a blessing in disguise as his footy IQ is going to be off the charts when he returns.

Talk is a couple of Saints players are very unhappy and want to jump ship to us.

One of them has a ton of talent but hasn't been happy at the Saints.

Both are good players so make of it what you may.

Talk is a couple of Saints players are very unhappy and want to jump ship to us.
One of them has a ton of talent but hasn't been happy at the Saints.
Both are good players so make of it what you may.

Billings is an ideal type for us.
He would though have to get himself together or allow the coaches help him do it.
The guy does have a ton of talent. No doubt.

He would though have to get himself together or allow the coaches help him do it.

Yeah I am thinking the same thing, we could get him pretty cheaply as well.

But seems like we are stirring the pot at the Saint and are keen on the two.

It REALLY depends, though, on whether or not Bolts/SOS thinks that we can get him to a) pull his finger out, and become the midfielder he's always threatened to be but never delivered on, and b) whether they think he'd be a cultural fit and not bring the club down (the way Menzel would've, had he hung around).

I don't know. The change of clubs has served as a good wakeup call for many players over the years, and recently it's been us who has had players leave - Garlett, Robbo and Waite - and find a greater professionalism in their new homes. I don't know if we're that club yet.

I’d like Murphy to see out the captaincy. He’s a great role model for the kids and his heart bleeds blue.

I fear giving Cripps too much responsibility might hinder him in the long run. Let him focus on playing good footy and winning his first of two Brownlows.

Plus Doc is the next Captain of the club anyway. The sideline experience he’s getting at the moment during injury is massive for his development and kind of like a blessing in disguise as his footy IQ is going to be off the charts when he returns.
Respect your opinion however the reasons you gave for Cripps can apply to Murph.Hasnt had any continuity for awhile now needs to get his body right and concentrate on his footy and not worry about leading the team.I get the feeling Cripps actually thrives on being a leader and is the sort of player that can drag his team mates with him when the teams down,I don’t see that in Murph.

Whilst Cripps may not be the next captain we have someone who is just as good in leadership in Doc.In my opinion we need to change the captain next year to complete the full rebuild/regenerate/refresh of the Carlton football club.

So let me get this straight
You think Cripps for captaincy might hinder him......
Ps- he has been playing captain for a little while now and has been tagged a hell of a lot longer than that.
Forgive me if I sound rude but...are you serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back