2018 French Open - Roland Garros

ItsGameTime

Cancelled
Jan 29, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Constantly breaking a rule of the game, then complaining to the umpire its humid. 2 athletes out there.

More specifically, always breaking the rule of the game on time between points at big stages of his service game.

Nadal is no Sharapova.

I don't see him breaking any rules. If it is humid, he has a right to complain to the umpire. Good on him for wanting to play well.

Nadal doesn't break the rule of the game at all. He almost always plays fairly which is why he is not penalised often.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
don't see him breaking any rules. If it is humid, he has a right to complain to the umpire. Good on him for wanting to play well.

Nadal doesn't break the rule of the game at all. He almost always plays fairly which is why he is not penalised often.
I love that tennis has this rule of 25 seconds between the point ending and the service motion starting of the next point.

I love that nadal follows this rule all the time!

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Nadal is no Sharapova.

I don't see him breaking any rules. If it is humid, he has a right to complain to the umpire. Good on him for wanting to play well.

He is meant to take 25 secs to serve the ball. Not 35, let alone 45.

we know you are a fan but anybody who doesn't lick Nadal's arse can see it.

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
least games won in a French Open final v Nadal:
4 - Federer (2008)
6 - Wawrinka (2017)
8 - Ferrer (2013)
9 - Thiem (2018)
10 - Soderling (2010)
16 - Puerta (2005), Federer (2007)

Last edited:
He is meant to take 25 secs to serve the ball. Not 35, let alone 45.

we know you are a fan but anybody who doesn't lick Nadal's arse can see it.

Not as if he’s alone taking longer to serve than he’s allowed. They ALL do it across both women and men.

ItsGameTime

Cancelled
Jan 29, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I love that tennis has this rule of 25 seconds between the point ending and the service motion starting of the next point.

I love that nadal follows this rule all the time!

I think it is those who dislike Nadal that say that the rule is not followed. Nadal is one of the all time greats of the sport and follows the rules very well.

Thiem’s backhand is something that can win him a slam here in the future. A lot of top spin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed so long as Rafa isn’t there. It doesn’t matter who is in the French Draw if Rafa is there 9/10 he’ll win. He’s that good on clay

Mate seriously, have a think about that statement. Kyrgios and Federer ring any bells?

You do what is best for you. You should do anything to get an advantage and if you don't you are dumb. It’s an individual sport.

The time taken between points really doesn’t matter to me personally

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Wow that's shocking!

How many times does he need to bounce the ball!
As long as it takes him to feel "cool". I am sure that is the only reason:rolleyes:

He does it for same reason Nole does. For the "big" points. Heck, even Nick does it sometimes now(but, always gets called for it....) It is annoying as all hell.

I don’t understand what the actual issue is with the delay from Nadal’s service. Yes it’s a rule break but what is the actual concerning factor.

Lets cut to the chase it's only an issue because Nadal is flogging Thiem

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
I don’t understand what the actual issue is with the delay from Nadal’s service. Yes it’s a rule break but what is the actual concerning factor.
At the crux of it is that Nadal has relied on superior physicality for a lot of his career. The extra time he takes between points allows him to get back to close to his maximum physicality level.

Let's just get rid of the rule then. Let everyone have a minute between points. That will be great for tennis!

There’s been a lot of discussion about the amount of time taken between points,” said ATP Executive Chairman and President Brad Drewett. “We believe this modification will give officials a useful tool and allow for more consistent enforcement of the current time violation rule. Although this change will not materially reduce the length of a match, we believe it should have a positive impact on the flow of the match.”

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2012/09/atp-changes-time-violation-penalty/39398/

It's pretty common for any sport to have time violation rules in place etc

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
I watch tennis for tennis. Not for a bloke bouncing the ball. Nadal (and Nole) are by far the worst at this. No surprise they have played the longest match ever.

Time is money. Also, the rule never seems to be enforced equally. Nick would have lost his pay cheque by now.

May 29, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SS Lazio
Lets cut to the chase it's only an issue because Nadal is flogging Thiem

But I still don’t get it, aren’t both players playing all points on the same court in alternation?

Also, can’t Thiem do the same thing?

Also, when I am nervous and need to concentrate ie take a penalty in soccer I take time to compose myself. One of the first things I was taught. What’s the problem with that same approach here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back