Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:

i think thats far from certain. Lets see a few more games & how Launceston go. Also the finals are played at Boot & Smart park. The results their are what count.

The fact you just said "lets see a few more games" proves that it is wide open, no one knows who the second best team may end up being.

My bet is still very much with Launceston.

Jay Blackberry is a massive loss for them and Lonergan doesn't seem to be able to get himself right.

My point is that the 3 good southern teams along with Launceston would all fancy themselves to make the grand final at this stage, it has added some life to it.

Jay Blackberry is a massive loss for them and Lonergan doesn't seem to be able to get himself right.

My point is that the 3 good southern teams along with Launceston would all fancy themselves to make the grand final at this stage, it has added some life to it.

Fair enough. I still have my money on a 2 northern team GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North over North...pretty obvious which one...
Glenorchy over Tigers...never lost to them, not about to start now...
And I see you're all tipping Launceston...got no frigging choice then, have I? Clarence.

Feeling very conflicted these days...there is enough northerner in me to be revelling in the possible actual domination (and the real southern fear of domination, that's probably the best bit) of the TSL by northern sides, but a) it's North doing the dominating, and b) while I'm warming to the Blues anyway, I need them to lose because of this damned tipping comp...

Make this easy, and bring back South...please....

I see Robbie Devine's playing a comeback game for NH because of a lack of players.
Might have to bring back Don McLeod too, Clarence can bring back Scott Adams and Andrew Van Der Feen, Glenorchy can bring back Danny Ling and Roland Curley.
NL can bring back Tony "Tatts" Brand and Todd Spearman or Marcus Todman.
Kingston can be called Sandy Bay for the day and bring back Andy Bennett and Chris Spaulding.
That might get a few punters in for a look!!

I see Robbie Devine's playing a comeback game for NH because of a lack of players.
Might have to bring back Don McLeod too, Clarence can bring back Scott Adams and Andrew Van Der Feen, Glenorchy can bring back Danny Ling and Roland Curley.
NL can bring back Tony "Tatts" Brand and Todd Spearman or Marcus Todman.
Kingston can be called Sandy Bay for the day and bring back Andy Bennett and Chris Spaulding.
That might get a few punters in for a look!!

Hahaha! It just might.

North over North...pretty obvious which one...
Glenorchy over Tigers...never lost to them, not about to start now...
And I see you're all tipping Launceston...got no frigging choice then, have I? Clarence.

Feeling very conflicted these days...there is enough northerner in me to be revelling in the possible actual domination (and the real southern fear of domination, that's probably the best bit) of the TSL by northern sides, but a) it's North doing the dominating, and b) while I'm warming to the Blues anyway, I need them to lose because of this damned tipping comp...

Make this easy, and bring back South...please....

Maybe it will not be an all Northern Grand Final after all?

As much as I hate to say it a great win by Clarence over Launceston at Windsor Park. I might have taken the Roos maybe at Boot Park.

Second week in June and the Final Five is settled. Tigers the great underachievers, compare them to when Lauderdale started in the top tier comp and it an embarrassment, nothing more how many seasons is it now ? (Building with Youngsters for the Future) Poorly run club for the catchment area they have.

Feel for you Gibbke To loose South Launceston in the SWL, the reigning Premiers and then having the Plastic team from Prospect represent Tasmania in the Foxtel cup, a great Golden Blunder in a long list of Blunders by AFL Tasmania.

Foxtel Cup a forgotten memory.

Great punt by Gibbke to get Clarence at WP. I think we knew it'd be close but I certainly didn't expect Launy to get spanked at home.
NL was oh so unfortunately predictable at Uturn park.
Kingston tried to stink it up at KGV but the result went as predicted.

I guess we just sit & wait for all the 'good' thigs from Gil at AFL HQ.

(Don't make me laugh Trish, we're not all as gullible as you.)

Maybe it will not be an all Northern Grand Final after all?

As much as I hate to say it a great win by Clarence over Launceston at Windsor Park. I might have taken the Roos maybe at Boot Park.

Second week in June and the Final Five is settled. Tigers the great underachievers, compare them to when Lauderdale started in the top tier comp and it an embarrassment, nothing more how many seasons is it now ? (Building with Youngsters for the Future) Poorly run club for the catchment area they have.

Feel for you Gibbke To loose South Launceston in the SWL, the reigning Premiers and then having the Plastic team from Prospect represent Tasmania in the Foxtel cup, a great Golden Blunder in a long list of Blunders by AFL Tasmania.

Foxtel Cup a forgotten memory.
Other teams got shafted harder. North Hobart and Hobart are victims of rationalisation and geography, but they should have known about AFLT's ambitions before signing in the first place. The demographic map of Hobart is not the same as the one in 1945 which put 3 teams in the middle of Hobart, so it's hard to justify those sides in 2018 from a purely numbers pov, therefore I get the head office rationale. Thing is, that should have been clear at the start, to avoid what was a slap in the face for both teams...

South, however, was clear. They were all told 5 years to justify yourselves financially, and they couldn't. The choice was logical - either accept the revised licence merging with Prospect, or leave, and they did that of their own volition. Prospect was all about juniors and demographics, that's where AFLT has never wavered in its stance, so the idea of them being used as a vehicle to put a team in Launceston's burgeoning west shouldn't be mystifying. I was quite happy to support the Storm, especially since they were essentially the 2013 premiership side anyway, but now there's no one...! I could have supported a Hawk side representing my own home area in 2016, but there you go. The fact that South, quite likely, will always be reigning premiers and have an all-time unbeaten finals record is pretty cool...plus all those subsequent lower div flags are better than a kick in the mouth...! I was there at East Launceston, and struggled through all those years in the TFL with the merged team...finished on top forever...

Maybe Launceston, not sure, probably not...I stop short of referring to them as "we", and gave a little fist pump when I saw Clarence had beaten them...! It wasn't that much of an inspired tip - it was more of a necessary Hail Mary from the tipster occupying last spot on the ladder...!

Other teams got shafted harder. North Hobart and Hobart are victims of rationalisation and geography, but they should have known about AFLT's ambitions before signing in the first place. The demographic map of Hobart is not the same as the one in 1945 which put 3 teams in the middle of Hobart, so it's hard to justify those sides in 2018 from a purely numbers pov, therefore I get the head office rationale. Thing is, that should have been clear at the start, to avoid what was a slap in the face for both teams...

South, however, was clear. They were all told 5 years to justify yourselves financially, and they couldn't. The choice was logical - either accept the revised licence merging with Prospect, or leave, and they did that of their own volition. Prospect was all about juniors and demographics, that's where AFLT has never wavered in its stance, so the idea of them being used as a vehicle to put a team in Launceston's burgeoning west shouldn't be mystifying. I was quite happy to support the Storm, especially since they were essentially the 2013 premiership side anyway, but now there's no one...! I could have supported a Hawk side representing my own home area in 2016, but there you go. The fact that South, quite likely, will always be reigning premiers and have an all-time unbeaten finals record is pretty cool...plus all those subsequent lower div flags are better than a kick in the mouth...! I was there at East Launceston, and struggled through all those years in the TFL with the merged team...finished on top forever...

Maybe Launceston, not sure, probably not...I stop short of referring to them as "we", and gave a little fist pump when I saw Clarence had beaten them...! It wasn't that much of an inspired tip - it was more of a necessary Hail Mary from the tipster occupying last spot on the ladder...!

All due respect, clubs were seemingly not apprised of a lot of things. I very much doubt Hobart were told the plan included them being forced to move to Kingston, then plan B would be for them to compete with NHFC to apply to remain in the competition & half way through the 'application process' to force them to lose their identity in an amalgamation push from AFLTas.

I don't remember hearing about any of that before the clubs went into shock over it.

Also considering 'geography', the plan for one team one city. That didn't include Lauderdale & Clarence funnily enough.

So when you say 'ambitions', the attempted crushing of clubs was not mentioned by Wade & Baker to the clubs to the best of my knowledge.

That's what I meant..Hobart were told they had five years to "prove viability", but these options they were given years down the track probably hadn't even been thought of in late 2008. It's also a bit rough to know the comp is gunning for you before your contract is up...

That's what I meant..Hobart were told they had five years to "prove viability", but these options they were given years down the track probably hadn't even been thought of in late 2008. It's also a bit rough to know the comp is gunning for you before your contract is up...

And wasn't that the problem then & now. Also the problem with the current process to 'review' footy here.

Thats a lack of trust. All born of duplicitous behaviour by the AFL & its local branch.

Their words could not be trusted.

Yes Hobart were struggling off field as a club before they were granted a licence to enter the TSL in late 2008.
From memory they had only 28 financial members, the club was very split over the forced change to Hobart Lions and it all wound up with nobody going to watch them.
On field they were adequate, but not one of the top teams.
The carrot to join the TSL was the return of the club to being known as the Tigers which helped the club a lot.
Crowds and membership grew by a lot, the club didn't have a lot of money at all but were backed by the Sports Club which were very financial at the time.
By the time we played our final season of TSL football it was patently obvious that we weren't strong enough at that level any longer.
Went through a revolving door of players, hardly won a game at either level and lost around $300,000 in the last four years for virtually nothing.
Our crowds were still a lot bigger than they are now in the SFL but at least in the SFL we can stay afloat as a club.
The decision to leave the TSL and return to the SFL in 2014 was a no-brainer, we had to as we would've gone under either by way of a merger or gone altogether, we aren't a big club like we were in the 1950's, 60's, 70's, 80's and early 90's and that is the reality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back