North Melbourne's own Bernard Tomic

Remove this Banner Ad

It's remiss not to recap the great man's recent French Open run.

Bernard put the tennis world on notice when he dismantled Justine Clarke (formerly Home and Away, Play School now "The Justine Clarke Show") to qualify.

Slammin' Sam Groth queried Tomic's mental resolve in the lead up to his showdown with Special K for the "Most Loved Mentally Toughest Aussie Sportsman" title at Roland Garros.

In relation to questions around Tomic's mental toughness Nick did his very best "hold my beer" by himself pulling out with injury but mentioning how fantastic he's feeling about everything.

This set the stage for an opponent with a collection of underdog excuses that a losing team bigfooty poster would die for.

Argentine battler Marco Trungelliti's profile and prep for the match:
  • 28 yo, averages $50k p.a. GROSS from tennis
  • Late call-up after Aussie Nick's withdrawl, was sight seeing with relatives in Barcelona at the time
  • Rented a car and drove 500 miles over 10 hours with his wife, brother, mum and grandma to get to Paris
  • Slept 5 hours before the game
..then does Tomic in 4 sets.

Bernard put the tennis world on notice when he dismantled Justine Clarke (formerly Home and Away, Play School now "The Justine Clarke Show") to qualify.

Slammin' Sam Groth queried Tomic's mental resolve in the lead up to his showdown with Special K for the "Most Loved Mentally Toughest Aussie Sportsman" title at Roland Garros.

In relation to questions around Tomic's mental toughness Nick did his very best "hold my beer" by himself pulling out with injury but mentioning how fantastic he's feeling about everything.

This set the stage for an opponent with a collection of underdog excuses that a losing team bigfooty poster would die for.

• Late call-up after Aussie Nick's withdrawl, was sight seeing with relatives in Barcelona at the time
  • Rented a car and drove 500 miles over 10 hours with his wife, brother, mum and grandma to get to Paris
What can I say, Tomic and Assange. Not sure having Ponting in there cancels out those two clowns.

Nothing to do with what he does. I just think he is as crazy as a loon. Oh and shredding his morals by getting into bed with Trump and the Russians too.

he didn't get into bed with trump at all, he just called the democrats out for their BS regarding trump and Russia.

i think you watch too much CNN.

Fun fact: Tomic was actually ranked lower than Marco T when they played.

Think he is only a few ranks above me and the last time i picked up a tennis raquet in anger was about 1981.

With no disrespect at all I'm assuming you're not a multi-millionaire.

But give it 2-3 years and I'll say you'll have him covered both in rankings and bank balance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back