Mega Thread News of the Day / Interesting Articles & Links

Remove this Banner Ad

I didnt realise this was still a thing! Stuff the reformation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44294906

Pope Francis grants indulgences for Dublin participants
BBC News

Participants attending the World Meeting of Families in August can be forgiven their sins or help a relative speed through purgatory.

Pope Francis has granted a "plenary indulgence" for those taking part.

In Catholic doctrine an indulgence frees you from being punished for your previously committed sins or it can be passed on to dead relatives to shorten their time in purgatory.

Contra Mundum
What's so weird about that? You believe the head of state is chosen by a god and anointed in holy oil. An equally whack job proposition and certainly no basis for high office.

It's ironic religious people have tried to claim some sort of moral superiority when part of the deal is you can do whatever you want in life and rock up to confession and all is forgiven. In the case of "indulgence" you can even pass it on to dead relatives.

Doesn't sound very moral to me.

What's so weird about that? You believe the head of state is chosen by a god and anointed in holy oil. An equally whack job proposition and certainly no basis for high office.

Lets not be silly.

Believing in constitutional monarchy can hardly be compared to the selling of indulgences.

lol at me believing the Queen is chosen by God.

Women who bashed paramedic avoid jail despite mandatory six-month sentences

02b0d32136f5032a5d6ccb8a47dc416b

Oh man. This guy has summed up in one dirty little sentence what is wrong with Victoria's rotten judiciary.

True societal vandals. GTFO you campaigners!

it's more a case of structural sexism which regularily places women above the law when it comes to violent crimes. It doesnt matter how much damage they cause; female violence is laughed off more often than its treated with the seriousness it deserves.

it's more a case of structural sexism which regularily places women above the law when it comes to violent crimes. It doesnt matter how much damage they cause; female violence is laughed off more often than its treated with the seriousness it deserves.

What in the transcript leads you to believe that about this case?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Politicians; don't miss an opportunity to tell you they are risking their lives for our freedoms. Not quite sure what our freedoms are still doing in Afghanistan, myself.

Afghanistan is the perfect spot for growing opium apparently....It is also bang in the middle of Iran, China & Russia....Which is surely a mere co-incidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scooters. In London as common as Pies supporters missing teeth.
I bet they don't even pay the congestion tax on them!

But srs but what is it about Mopeds that is staggering?

Crooks have figured out they are good for getaways?

Some of them are only 18 and 19yo over there. They do stupid, grossly offensive things often without any understanding of the why it's so stupid and grossly offensive.

And we give them guns ..
It sounds like the initiation of child soldiers around the world. They get them out and make them kill a captive enemy. Desensitise and dehumanise and you have a much more pliant soldierbot.

So if Trump says he has been approached by many of the Parents to bring home the remains of US Military Personal killed in the Korean War, I wonder how that would be possible?
Surely those Parents would be a minimum of about 110 years old by now.

Link? Who are the soccer kids?
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-...nd-alive-in-cave-after-9-days-missing/9933522

A soccer team of young teenagers went caving and got stuck. Considerable effort in recent days has gone into not only trying to find them, but also pumping a lot of water out so they didn't drown (most common cause of death in caving).

Now they are focusing on medical treatment and nutrition, not wanting to rush them out. Also considering giving them basic scuba training as that may be the easiest way out.

When all the elation dies down and they're freed, there's going to be a grown up who's going to get a proper bollocking for letting this happen.

The coach is 25.

I'm well and truly past that age and don't consider myself a grown up.

Seriously, it will be interesting to see how negligent he was though. They've survived down there, and maybe it was genuinely bad luck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back