Blitz All Australian?

Remove this Banner Ad

He should be in the squad now that he's getting press - he's the #1 key defender in the #1 defense. Probably in another 4 weeks if we keep being the standout defense he'll be mentioned 10+ times a game whenever he does something.

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
This just on AFL inside info page

"I think he tips out Alex Rance as we sit here right now for the All-Australian full back."

Matthew Lloyd on Mark Blicavs, AFL.com.au

This season, Mark Blicavs has spearheaded the Number 1 Defence in the completion, conceding a total of 3 goals to his direct opponents and keeping the following players goalless:

Jesse Hogan (3rd in Coleman)
Charlie Dixon
Jonathan Patton
Will Hoskin-Elliot (7th in Coleman)
Charlie Curnow
Ben Brown (1st in Coleman)

Fellow All-Australian fullback fancy Alex Rance has conceded a total of 41 goals to his direct opponents this year, keeping the following players goalless:

Nil

Fellow All-Australian fullback fancy Alex Rance has conceded a total of 41 goals to his direct opponents this year, keeping the following players goalless:

Nil
41?? The leader of the Coleman is on 35.

That can’t be right.

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
41?? The leader of the Coleman is on 35.

That can’t be right.
These 'direct opponent' stats are among the most dubious of all CD figures.

The work involved, either live (practically impossible) or on video replays, in keeping track of the constant changes over 100 minutes for 44 individual players would be absolutely massive; and even then it would involve considerable guesswork.

But the old CD Mantra applies; stick one of those "%" gadgets on a guesstimate, and it's a statistic.

That 41 will be spread over several opponents ... a 3fer here; a 2fer there etc.
Still, it implies his “virtual” opponent over the course of the season is leading the Coleman by 6 goals. I call bullshit!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Still, it implies his “virtual” opponent over the course of the season is leading the Coleman by 6 goals. I call bullshit!
There’s obviously a reason why teams try to get him deep 1v1
Harry kicked a bag on him last year when we isolated them.

Last weekends game Rance was involved in all 3 of Ports first goals.

These are the leading goal kickers each round v Richmond this season:

Curnow 5
Jenkins 5 (Walker 4)
Roughead 4
Zorko 1
Melksham 4 (Hogan 2)
Reid 2
McCarthy 1
Waite 2 (Brown 2)
Darling 6 (Kennedy 3)
Gresham 6 (Membrey 2)
AMT 2 (Stewart 0, Hooker 0)
Westhoff 3

So if he played on all the leading goal kickers from the opposition for 100% each match that gets him to 41.

Bull.

s**t.

This just on AFL inside info page

"I think he tips out Alex Rance as we sit here right now for the All-Australian full back."

Matthew Lloyd on Mark Blicavs, AFL.com.au

This season, Mark Blicavs has spearheaded the Number 1 Defence in the completion, conceding a total of 3 goals to his direct opponents and keeping the following players goalless:

Jesse Hogan (3rd in Coleman)
Charlie Dixon
Jonathan Patton
Will Hoskin-Elliot (7th in Coleman)
Charlie Curnow
Ben Brown (1st in Coleman)

Nil

Wouldn't that require Rance to actually have a direct opponent and not just play loose?

frggr

Fan Favourite (they/them)
May 16, 2012
Poland
AFL Club
Geelong

Curnow 5
Jenkins 5 (Walker 4)
Roughead 4
Zorko 1
Melksham 4 (Hogan 2)
Reid 2
McCarthy 1
Waite 2 (Brown 2)
Darling 6 (Kennedy 3)
Gresham 6 (Membrey 2)
Westhoff 3

So if he played on all the leading goal kickers from the opposition for 100% each match that gets him to 41.

Bull.

s**t.
I kinda wonder if Redvest4's (trolling) thread on the Bay about Range being a hack getting bags of goals kicked on him has actually grown legs and become legitimate thought in AFL circles?

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong

Curnow 5
Jenkins 5 (Walker 4)
Roughead 4
Zorko 1
Melksham 4 (Hogan 2)
Reid 2
McCarthy 1
Waite 2 (Brown 2)
Darling 6 (Kennedy 3)
Gresham 6 (Membrey 2)
Westhoff 3

Bull.

s**t.

Never seen a player have more than one opponent, Curnow for instance.
Goes to the bench, Rance go’s to Casbolt
Casbolt kicks a goal.

It’s pretty simple

Never seen a player have more than one opponent, Curnow for instance.
Goes to the bench, Rance go’s to Casbolt
Casbolt kicks a goal.

It’s pretty simple
You don’t seem to appreciate how unlikely it is.

Doesn't have to. What matters is getting the job done and he certainly does that. Pretty sure we had 8 players in the 08 AA to Hawthorn's 3 and yet they got the job done.
Oh I agree. I rate the All-Australian team as much as I rate the Brownlow and Norm Smith Medals.

Back