Preview R13 2018 Sydney v's West Coast Friday 7:50pm SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Nic Nat is a Franklin-like freak and it really helped us in round 1 that he had minimal game time.

Sinclair should get a gong for most improved Swan but he's not at the same level as Nic Nat, or Grundy and Gawn, especially in the ruck contest. It's up to the mids to nullify Nic Nat's ruckwork and for Sinclair, who's pretty athletic, to hold him to account around the ground.
Nic nat plays minimal game time every year. Off the top of my head is highest tog for a season was 72%

Man, for a second there I thought I clicked on this week's preview thread. Was pleasantly surprised I ended up in the Coleman medal revisionist thread by mistake. Great reading!
It was a relief to me as well.

I didn't know that the Coleman is all about kicking goals in the last round.

Here I was thinking it was a cumulative total for a season.

Can't believe you lot rate sinclair.

To be fair this season is so much better than prior it is like they are 2 different players.

He has been great

Sinclair is playing out of his skin compared to his previous years but I had to chuckle when Richo and Darcy were saying he's up there with Grundy and Gawn. Hold your horses there fellas. He's in great form around the field but he's not exactly an elite tap ruckman as yet....

....but he's doing more than Jetta.

Nic Nat is an absolute boss and we shouldn’t compare him with Sinclair. But these West cost fans coming here and jizzing all over their players and talking down a champion in Buddy, then claiming they got the chocolates in the Sinclair trade... I’m mean fk off you losers, stop embarrassing yourselves.

You honestly think we got the better in that trade ? ffs. The idea was the trade would be good for both clubs, Sydney won that trade with a ******* leg in the air.
I honestly feel sorry that Jetta hasn't kicked on. At his best he was absolutely electric. He's a shadow of his former self.

Given the Swans have arguably (Easy argument to make) provided the best two Friday night games (ignore Carlton because well….) this year, I’m expecting/hoping this game will be a Friday night special between both teams.
There is quality and x-factor for both teams, shown in the forward line where both teams display evidence of West Australia’s ability to produce the best forwards in the game.
In round one of the season the Swans won the contested ball 160-138, and Clearances 47-38 (and Buddy turned it on), but across the last 12 rounds the Eagles have significantly improved both areas, which is one of a number of reasons outside of ladder position as to why this should be one of the biggest games of the year.
Here's hoping it’s a cracker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the Swans have arguably (Easy argument to make) provided the best two Friday night games (ignore Carlton because well….) this year, I’m expecting/hoping this game will be a Friday night special between both teams.
There is quality and x-factor for both teams, shown in the forward line where both teams display evidence of West Australia’s ability to produce the best forwards in the game.
In round one of the season the Swans won the contested ball 160-138, and Clearances 47-38 (and Buddy turned it on), but across the last 12 rounds the Eagles have significantly improved both areas, which is one of a number of reasons outside of ladder position as to why this should be one of the biggest games of the year.
Here's hoping it’s a cracker
Good summary but you're forgetting one important factor.....

....The Ronke.

In all seriousness I get a feeling from the build-up that you may be too Buddy-centric to your detriment. We've actually got a few more avenues to goals now than we did in Round 1. Hayward has hit his stride, Parker has rediscovered his ability to drift forward and slot goals, Rohan still doing his cameos and Ronke has brought a whole bunch of forward pressure to the mix. We've actually got a decent mosquito squad now. You can't just park McGovern in the space in front of Buddy to shut our scoring down (though it'll take Horse three quarters to figure that out).

If anything our mids are still a bit of an issue for us. Kennedy played well last week but has struggled for consistency and Hanners is well off the pace. We've got Florent, Hewett, Parker and Heeney going swimmingly though to balance things out.

Buddy killed it playing one out at Optus but I don't think we can apply the same tactics at the SCG (though for the good of the game I wish we would...a good old fashion battle).

....The Ronke.

In all seriousness I get a feeling from the build-up that you may be too Buddy-centric to your detriment. We've actually got a few more avenues to goals now than we did in Round 1. Hayward has hit his stride, Parker has rediscovered his ability to drift forward and slot goals, Rohan still doing his cameos and Ronke has brought a whole bunch of forward pressure to the mix. We've actually got a decent mosquito squad now. You can't just park McGovern in the space in front of Buddy to shut our scoring down (though it'll take Horse three quarters to figure that out).

If anything our mids are still a bit of an issue for us. Kennedy played well last week but has struggled for consistency and Hanners is well off the pace. We've got Florent, Hewett, Parker and Heeney going swimmingly though to balance things out.

Buddy killed it playing one out at Optus but I don't think we can apply the same tactics at the SCG (though for the good of the game I wish we would...a good old fashion battle).

I agree you have the Ronke and your forward line is so much more multidimensional since round 1, but our backline is so much more than McGovern, as shown in the Richmond game (albeit at Optus) against their mosquito fleet. Sheppard is one of the most underrated backs in the competition, Hurn is in career best form (Talked about as an AA Captain potential thus far), Cole has seamlessly fitted into the backline, Duggan is as tough as nails. Jetta as much as it pains me to say isn't holding up his bargain, but our defence isn't just McGovern as your forward line isn't just Buddy
There is so many quality players and match-ups across the game, that this should be a cracker, with i'm expecting 10-15 points in it all game.

I agree you have the Ronke and your forward line is so much more multidimensional since round 1, but our backline is so much more than McGovern, as shown in the Richmond game (albeit at Optus) against their mosquito fleet. Sheppard is one of the most underrated backs in the competition, Hurn is in career best form (Talked about as an AA Captain potential thus far), Cole has seamlessly fitted into the backline, Duggan is as tough as nails. Jetta as much as it pains me to say isn't holding up his bargain, but our defence isn't just McGovern as your forward line isn't just Buddy
There is so many quality players and match-ups across the game, that this should be a cracker, with i'm expecting 10-15 points in it all game.
Fair call. Didn't mean to disparage. It was more of a comment on our coach's inability to adapt when the opposition uses a loose man in defence. I could imagine McGovern sitting in the hole and racking up a dozen intercept marks for the first three quarters and then Horse finally going "Hang on a sec...maybe we should even up the numbers there."

I don't bash Horse, he's one of the best coaches going around, but there's an alarming pattern of us not adapting to the loose man.

I am genuinely excited about this match and I agree it should be a ripper.

....The Ronke.

To be fair Simpson never realised our whole forward game plan was Buddy in round 1

To be fair Simpson never realised our whole forward game plan was Buddy in round 1
How did he miss that one?

I was hoping that it was a trend of isolating Buddy one out because it worked beautifully but it was not to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back