Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 2 (cont. in Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Mark is my favourite footy show, I encourage everyone to watch Doc tonight
Is it on Free to Air TV?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 8, 2013
On my high horse
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bears

bluemahogany

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Miami Heat, Manchester United
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/afl/yo...4zl8y.html?utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed

"Cripps will commit for a further two years until the end of 2021, while Curnow has agreed to a four-year extension (until the end of 2023), meaning that the next time they are out of contract, the pair will be free agents."
It is from Sam McClure ….. clubs and player managers still in discussions though …

Still positive signs.
Not the long term extension we would have wanted from Cripps me thinks

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/afl/yo...4zl8y.html?utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed

"Cripps will commit for a further two years until the end of 2021, while Curnow has agreed to a four-year extension (until the end of 2023), meaning that the next time they are out of contract, the pair will be free agents."
It is from Sam McClure ….. clubs and player managers still in discussions though …

Still positive signs.

He best be right. That's great news....Cripps with more years would have been better, but....

bucksandcripps

Team Captain
Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Would have preferred longer than 2 years
Just the way managers do deals now. Come out of contract at 8 years to maximize their bargaining power, and then the next time they come out, they are UFA, and can chase a flag if they see the need (which i desperately hope will not be the case with Paddy!) Doesn't concern me too much. Hopefully when his next deal comes up, there will be nowhere in the comp he, or any player for that matter, would rather be.

Sep 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Tbh Cripps will stay as long as we're competitive, and if we aren't competitive in 3 years then who can blame him.
Spot on.

In three years we need to be competitive and challenging. Then I expect Cripps to get his huge big $ contract to see him out as a 1 club player.

But if in 3 years we are still down th bottom then you can't blame him to go home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back