QAFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Quiet only because we don’t agree with where QAFL footy is going,and Qld footy in general. As for success that is always sweeter when you have been down which we were for along time. Just to remind everybody 4 grand finals,3 minor premierships, 2 premierships and at one stage 31 games in a row including a premiership. Premier2010 when you put it out there you better deliver,look forward to your Broadbeach 2018 Premiership.

LAB - you generally make some good points in regards to the competition in QLD - leave yourself open in the biased stakes on some viewpoints though !!

QLD footy is once again in a state of flux. Or has it been any other way? Until they resolve the NEAFL issues I think it is difficult to say where to next or what is the best way forward. The costs are ridiculous and not in line with the return. The NEAFL more even this year but how many Queenslanders are actually playing in it? Southport better run and community clubs only play AFL teams once had made it better.
Can't see why the QAFL can't return to how it was in 2010 pre NEAFL but at closer to NEAFL standard with the influx of the 3 QLD teams.
Sandgate and my club probably drop out and maybe Grange. Bring in Noosa I say.

Get rid of point systems and just have a minimum number of 5yr and beyond QLD living players. So if you have a senior list of 55 - 35 must have been living in QLD 5 years or more. Something like this with a salary cap would work better.

Surfers can play finals but need to get a scalp in my opinion. Still think 7-8 wins will be a great result. Palmy just cruising - will suffer from boredom and may drop one along the way due to complacency. We were not far off. Injuries cannot be an excuse as they picked up a few players off limited pre seasons and that is bad luck and poor management when these guys break down.
Still think Labrador can come home strongly...…………………………………………..

After not jumping on this page for awhile I'm wishing I stayed away after reading the above nonsense.

Surfers ran Palmy to within two goals on the weekend, how do you guy's rate Surfers chance of playing finals. They are certainly going along better than predicted.

Surfers look quite impressive. Yes, palmy have a heap of there top players out but I can see surfers winning 7-10 games.

They play with a purpose and are well coached and drilled.

Agree,, great effort by Surfers ytd ,,, looks like at this stage of the season the top 4 will be Palmy, Vultures, Broady and Magpies ..
From there ,, well maybe Surfers and Morningside .
Labrador ,, well who knows ,,, still a ok list but something is terribly wrong there ,,, total lack of motivation on game day ,,

Im jumping the gun here but ask your opinion on where the grand final should be held especially if the teams involved are gold coast teams like last year ...
2017 gf held at Southport ,,, good crowd of approx 3000 at a venue that can accomodate some 6000 at least ... resulting in a less then great atmosphere compared to 3000 being at AFLQ Headquarters ground at Yeronga.

To add ,, Yeronga has much better facilities and a great playing surface ,,, only negative is the ground is positioned east to west which results in players having to deal with the sun in their eyes on a typical QLD sunny September day.

Im jumping the gun here but ask your opinion on where the grand final should be held especially if the teams involved are gold coast teams like last year ...
2017 gf held at Southport ,,, good crowd of approx 3000 at a venue that can accomodate some 6000 at least ... resulting in a less then great atmosphere compared to 3000 being at AFLQ Headquarters ground at Yeronga.
The grand final should be played at a QAFL clubs ground and rotate every year. Like they do in some Vic country leagues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not much talk about the Colts on here, browsing at the Ladder it seems fairly even with 3 teams possibly being equal on top at the half way mark.
Morningside not as strong as the past few years?
Who coaches Broadbeach?

So ,, Panthers belt the Vultures today ,,,wow .
My Cats belted Sandgate ,,,, but may I say ,, Sandgate played some good passages of footy and the scoreline really doesnt show the true summary .. well done Sandgate players as you played some good footy ,,,

Wow Morningside smashed the Vultures!
I wouldn’t of been that surprised if they beat’m in a close one at home but that’s a convincing scoreline, in both grades, have Morningside turned the corner did Mt.Gravatt have a lot of outs?
All the other games results went as predicted although Labrador pushed Magpies for most of the game.

Morningside had some huge inclusions which help a pretty young side. Nash is underatted and is a the glue for their team. 100 points though wow!

Morningside had some huge inclusions which help a pretty young side. Nash is underatted and is a the glue for their team. 100 points though wow!

Mt Gravatt very ordinary, Mallan and Wolbers exceptional. Vultures will lose by 100+
to PBC with a similar performance.

Mt Gravatt overrated, said it 2 weeks ago. Got sides early when they had a few key outs and just snuck over the line.

Will get found out back half of the year.

If you believe in % telling a good story, there are 5 sides with a better one.

PBC, Broady and Sherwood are cleary the best 3 sides in it - the rest are making up the numbers. I'd suggest there is a fair gap between PBC and the other 2 as well.

Mt Gravatt overrated, said it 2 weeks ago. Got sides early when they had a few key outs and just snuck over the line.

Will get found out back half of the year.

If you believe in % telling a good story, there are 5 sides with a better one.

PBC, Broady and Sherwood are cleary the best 3 sides in it - the rest are making up the numbers. I'd suggest there is a fair gap between PBC and the other 2 as well.

Fair appraisal of Vultures, they were dreadful. I actually think the score on Saturday flattered them.
If PBC have a full list this week the Vultures will gone by 100+ again.

Fair appraisal of Vultures, they were dreadful. I actually think the score on Saturday flattered them.
If PBC have a full list this week the Vultures will gone by 100+ again.

And then Palmy play Sandgate the following week. Looking at the Cats score just now, how ugly could the Palmy vs Sandgate game get. I don't remember so many blowouts last season.

I'm sure there was - aside from this weekend don't think there has been that many. Vultures were sitting on top to lose by 100pts mind you. Tough time of year, tests depth and motivation for some players. PBC obviously have depth and can afford to lose a few without upsetting momentum.

be wary of Morningside ,,, are improving with every game , in both seniors and reserve grades, ,, possibly will finish up higher then the Magpies ,, making for a great contest this saturday.
My Broady Cats travelling along ok as well ... had Searl, Blood , and Pantic out on saturday ,,and their are another 2 or 3 to come in ,,, .. all going well, I think we will give Palmy a good contest the next time we meet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back