Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 2 (cont. in Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great interview by daisy. He will play next year is my guess . He is invested.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Seriously? I learned absolutely nothing from that interview.

It was a complete waste of time. I've got an idea, why don't the media team at Carlton actually work out at least one thing a player can say in an interview that we don't already know. As far as I can tell they actively prevent the members from learning anything.

But... Ed... Geelong...

IF the contract goes through at the end of the year as stated … he will be a RFA …..in 2023 (Age 26)

Crippa comes out a RFA in 2021 (Age 26)

IF the contract goes through at the end of the year as stated … he will be a RFA …..in 2023 (Age 26)

Crippa comes out a RFA in 2021 (Age 26)

If Charlie is signed up at Carlton, Ed won't be going anywhere unless we really don't want him.
[watches them both sail over his head]

[watches them both sail over his head]

Its just the current climate for player negotiation manoeuvres Jim. Step 1: get a solid term contract first, (after the draft 1-3 years of consolidation). Sign the next contract (the current one) to coincide with "Players who are in the top 25 per cent of salaries at their club", which brings them out at average age 26 and minimum seven years service. Assuming average age of a draftee is 17-18yo range when drafted.

Puts the player (if they are any good), in the most strengthened position for future negotiations. Kinda business 101.

Not the long term extension we would have wanted from Cripps me thinks

Would have loved more years, but they were already signed until the end of 2019.

Really Crippa has 3.5 years left, Charlie has 5.5 years left. That's plenty of time.

Plus it's pretty common practice to come out of contract at 8 years. Most players re-sign by then.

Hopefully we are up and about by then and the boys see no reason to leave...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

doc was excellent. spoke well and there is no doubt that he will make an excellent coach in years to come (probably the youngest person that i have ever seen that you could say that about). was visibly excited about the future of our group.
gerard was strange on afl 360. it was almost like the penny had dropped and he could all of a sudden see the huge upside of our list but couldn't bring himself to admit it. even robbo was chiding him "well you've changed your story".

Blues to lock in their future http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/fc6d18029d10de5a452ef4acc5e78e5b

For those of you who don’t subscribe to the HS,
CARLTON will lock away its two brightest prospects in coming weeks with Patrick Cripps and Charlie Curnow to sign multi-year extensions.

Cripps will sign a two-year extension and Curnow will extend his deal by four years.

It’s understood both will be paid more than $800,000 a season, accepting less than $1 million a year that would be on offer elsewhere, to ensure the Blues have room to build a premiership list.

Blues to lock in their future http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/fc6d18029d10de5a452ef4acc5e78e5b

For those of you who don’t subscribe to the HS,
CARLTON will lock away its two brightest prospects in coming weeks with Patrick Cripps and Charlie Curnow to sign multi-year extensions.

Cripps will sign a two-year extension and Curnow will extend his deal by four years.

It’s understood both will be paid more than $800,000 a season, accepting less than $1 million a year that would be on offer elsewhere, to ensure the Blues have room to build a premiership list.
I'll believe it when the club makes an announcement:)

Its just the current climate for player negotiation manoeuvres Jim. Step 1: get a solid term contract first, (after the draft 1-3 years of consolidation). Sign the next contract (the current one) to coincide with "Players who are in the top 25 per cent of salaries at their club", which brings them out at average age 26 and minimum seven years service. Assuming average age of a draftee is 17-18yo range when drafted.

Puts the player (if they are any good), in the most strengthened position for future negotiations. Kinda business 101.
I think you are still missing the point of Jim’s post. A light hearted dig at the numerous posts we have read on here that Charlie will return to Geelong once Ed is gone (which is silly in itself given that Ed is one of our first players picked and has many years ahead of him).

I think you are still missing the point of Jim’s post. A light hearted dig at the numerous posts we have read on here that Charlie will return to Geelong once Ed is gone (which is silly in itself given that Ed is one of our first players picked and has many years ahead of him).

No I did not miss it. I was merely angling for the new way contracts are being built and then exited at or around the 26yo mark to give player managers more sway.

Would have preferred longer than 2 years

Hes already contracted till the end of next year, so this pushes that out by a further two years to the end of 2021.

Takes him up to his free agency window which is sensible from him (or any player). You couldnt ask for more at this stage, ditto with Curnow.

We'll front load those deals heavily to free up huge space for free agents this year and next.

That's generous Sam, but never, ever broadcast that notion again :)
So happy to have this guy with us, even when he's not playing.

I was worried about CCurnow, because he would have been courted heavily and Geelong may have thought they had a chance.
Cripps would have also been courted, but maybe the captaincy here may be a swaying point, along with the fact he loves the club anyway.

What if Charlie gets the same money as Cripps. I hope Paddy doesn't become 'outraged' :)

Woke up to this news and I am happy as a bee, should have signed them up for life and thrown away the keys.

But you can't get everything I guess, the idiots that want to get rid of Bolton aren't living in the real world.

Now to sign up the rest of our young guns, our future looking bright we need to wear our sunglasses at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back