Gym & Misc General Health and Fitness Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

SBS Insight had a program last night in steroid useage....interesting viewing.

Came across this guy on YouTube. Holy s**t.

I've finally been cleared to go back into the gym after an op I had. Gee I have missed it. Had to drop all my weights down and feel like a beginner again but I feel so good being back in there again.

I've finally been cleared to go back into the gym after an op I had. Gee I have missed it. Had to drop all my weights down and feel like a beginner again but I feel so good being back in there again.

We can swap mate. Ive fell out of love of the gym. The gym has been sold after some rennos, and the place has gotten smaller. Though I feel there's been new members joining (some quite attractive, innocent neighbour types) Im struggling to get motivated.

Ronnie Coleman doco is on itunes. I am gonna peep it.

First sesh after two months off - where art thou my beautiful glutes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I've lost 15kg over the past 4 months or so from diet alone, and have dropped from size 12-14 to 6-8. Probably could have been more if I didn't indulge myself every few days in June. Now am looking to incorporate some exercise into my lifestyle. I've got shite endurance and am prone to palpitations, so running or jogging isn't ideal. Not wanting to re-join a gym as I'm heading overseas soon. Will brisk walking 30mins to an hour daily have much of an impact on my health/physique in conjunction with a balanced diet?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

So I've lost 15kg over the past 4 months or so from diet alone, and have dropped from size 12-14 to 6-8. Probably could have been more if I didn't indulge myself every few days in June. Now am looking to incorporate some exercise into my lifestyle. I've got shite endurance and am prone to palpitations, so running or jogging isn't ideal. Not wanting to re-join a gym as I'm heading overseas soon. Will brisk walking 30mins to an hour daily have much of an impact on my health/physique in conjunction with a balanced diet?

Resistance training will have the most impact on your physique and secondly be good for your health

Have mentioned them and they've been brushed off, but still not willing to risk it

Much prefer something low-impact on my joints anyway

It was more if it was an ongoing medical complaint/condition you might have been able to get a chronic disease management plan from the GP which would have gotten you ~10 Medicare rebates sessions with an Exercise Physiologist.

Fwiw this is the WHO recommendation for exercise
“In order to improve cardiorespiratory and muscular fitness, bone health, reduce the risk of NCDs and depression:

• Adults aged 18–64 should do at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic physical activity throughout the week or do at least 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity aerobic physical activity throughout the week or an equivalent combination of moderate- and vigorous-intensity activity.
  • Aerobic activity should be performed in bouts of at least 10 minutes duration.
  • For additional health benefits, adults should increase their moderate-intensity aerobic physical activity to 300 minutes per week, or engage in 150 minutes of vigorous-intensity aerobic physical activity per week, or an equivalent combination of moderate- and vigorous-intensity activity.
  • Muscle-strengthening activities should be done involving major muscle groups on 2 or more days a week.”
With moderate intensity defined as requiring a moderate amount of energy and noticeably accelerated heart rate whilst requiring 3-6x the amount of caloric energy as sitting

Remove this Banner Ad

Back