Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

I was having a couple of beers with a former AFL Captain last night who is still involved with his club fulltime and he has no idea how it works , so Wato and Gaz would have no idea as well. Then we have these media flogs like Slobbo, Ralph and now Morris who reckon they know everything.

Well he’s not paid a few hundred thousand a year to talk footy on the radio and should be experts on their chosen sport as they don’t know much about other sports.

It’s not that hard to learn about it is it? Some basic research and these guys can access recruiters and list managers.

Experts in their field like most professionals.

Finey was perfect for that shift. Suits an older guy. 3AW have always wheeled out their old blokes like Phil Brady et al. A shift for loyal, rusted on listeners. Hutchy probably should have left it well enough alone.
Although Jack was on staff so $$$ saving

I think the plan with Jack was to get an allrounder who can cover live sport in his timeslot and replay highlights from the day. Has Finey ever called NBL or A-League?

I think the plan with Jack was to get an allrounder who can cover live sport in his timeslot and replay highlights from the day. Has Finey ever called NBL or A-League?

shithouse plan as it turns out. don't think anyone is interested in the nbl or a league on the radio

The Caltex Socceroos is the sort of shoehorning Hutchy would love. Ditto the Qantas Wallabies (if they are still name sponsors - no one follows union anymore, so who knows?)

They are modern day versions of the North Melbourne Booze Less. Be Your Best. Giants.

Alcohol. Think Again Western Warriors.

There is a team name that just rolls off the tongue.

Love or loathe him, Finey generated passionate debate and opinions. It was great listening most of the time.

Jack is just...well, vanilla. Very vanilla and vanilla is boring.

Flicked over in the car last night to hear him crapping on about lawn bowls and immediately flicked off.

Finey could do both with ease I reckon. Especially A League. He knows the game, watches games. Loves it.

Alcohol. Think Again Western Warriors.

There is a team name that just rolls off the tongue.

Canberra Times Cannons

Love or loathe him, Finey generated passionate debate and opinions. It was great listening most of the time.

Jack is just...well, vanilla. Very vanilla and vanilla is boring.

Flicked over in the car last night to hear him crapping on about lawn bowls and immediately flicked off.
Agree with this. I don't like Finey at all, but he is very good at what he does, and as he is very polarizing he gets people talking. Jack seems like a great guy but he's just there, nobody talks about him. It's like the overnight show begins at 7 these days.

SEN going down the gurgler.

KB was better in the mornings.

Didn’t mind Finey ,was opinionated but at least was entertaining to listen too and had some great mates he would bring onto the show each week.

His post match discussions were a pissa.

Simon O’Donnell & Simon Marshall to host a new 8-9am racing show called “The odds couple”

Heverin has had the past few Thursday nights Jackie Louder who was on the Sunday morning summer fitness show with Craig Harper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well he’s not paid a few hundred thousand a year to talk footy on the radio and should be experts on their chosen sport as they don’t know much about other sports.

It’s not that hard to learn about it is it? Some basic research and these guys can access recruiters and list managers.

Experts in their field like most professionals.

Perhaps Gary and Tim know their contract isn't being renewed for 2019, so are in CBF mode and just watching the clock until their done?

Perhaps Gary and Tim know their contract isn't being renewed for 2019, so are in CBF mode and just watching the clock until their done?

Wouldn’t surprise.

Whenever I see live video footage of their show (runs automatically on the website for some reason) they’re usually slouched back in their chairs and have the look of people half-asleep after a night on the town. Reflective of the effort they put into it.

Well judging by their performance this morning they are both desperate to stay on. They replayed parts of Open Mike with Hutchy (piss weak guest) and were glowing in their praise of their great leader. “ He was a terrific journo” ...”spoke so well last night”....”done so well”. It was so over the top it was embarrassing.

Well judging by their performance this morning they are both desperate to stay on. They replayed parts of Open Mike with Hutchy (piss weak guest) and were glowing in their praise of their great leader. “ He was a terrific journo” ...”spoke so well last night”....”done so well”. It was so over the top it was embarrassing.

Ugh. When they have Mike on Friday they can gush over his interview style for 20 minutes as well.

Replace Jack Heverin with Darren Parkin and I will come back. Have switched other radio stations since Hutchie's changes. SEN had a niche audience ( like Whately at ABC) that guaranteed an audience in the past - now they are a mix of commercials and bland score readers. Get rid of entertainment in title because it doesn't exist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back