Rumour Eddie Betts retiring at season end ??

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Sauce and Eddie were apparently two of the players who complained to the club about the camp.
Didn't Chapman mention it in 1 of his pressers? I thought Sauce has as well?

Is there a bright side that they felt comfortable enough to approach the board?

Aug 18, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
He might prefer not to speak about the issue publicly and is simply being diplomatic? That's not much of a stretch, is it?

Diplomatic? That response was emphatic. If you choose to not believe Eddie, that's your prerogative. The ball is in Mclure's court now. Pony up with the extra detail to prove your story, or slink off to the tip to find something new to run with. Eddie could have easily said today, "It wasn't my cup of tea, but i can potentially see the benefit of the program for a lot of other players." and so on and so forth.

Last edited:

Tbonefreo

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2013
Wagga
AFL Club
Fremantle
His wife was heavily pregnant and they took his methods of communicating with her (and she him) away from him. No matter how much you love a footy club, that's his family and that's not something you mess with.
Couldnt he say no? Do these collective minds have complete control?

Sorry to intrude Im genuinely curious.

Its not like contracts would be on the line for not completing the camp, or belting one of the collective mind pricks.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg

Its not like contracts would be on the line for not completing the camp, or belting one of the collective mind pricks.
To answer that would be nothing but speculation on my part. Could have told him he'd get it back but then didnt, he could have agreed assuming the Crows hierachy knew where he was when the supposedly didn't, or maybe he just wanted to be a team player.

Tbonefreo

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2013
Wagga
AFL Club
Fremantle
To answer that would be nothing but speculation on my part. Could have told him he'd get it back but then didnt, he could have agreed assuming the Crows hierachy knew where he was when the supposedly didn't, or maybe he just wanted to be a team player.
Yeah you're right. Fair enough.

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

It’s ironic that we (myself included) were laughing at Melbourne players for being too soft and going to the AFLPA because they didn’t want to go on their camp.

It’s not funny now :) ok it is funny, but in the wrong way.

Tbonefreo

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2013
Wagga
AFL Club
Fremantle
It’s ironic that we (myself included) were laughing at Melbourne players for being too soft and going to the AFLPA because they didn’t want to go on their camp.

It’s not funny now :) ok it is funny, but in the wrong way.
Pav said those camps always did more harm than good. I wasnt one of the many that was laughing. Although at the time it did seem like "classic Melbourne".

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
If that is correct than CM is a sham as you have been saying.........if that is correct.

Perhaps your easiest avenue to discredit them and do it with fact, is to prove their client list is fabricated.

I think your interpretations are pretty far fetched

What makes you think those corporations even know they are listed on a tiny pissant website?

Further, there is a difference between doing a small piece of work for a department within a regional office on a one off basis and being a preferred supplier with master service agreement supplying to the whole company

What really happens is that serious consultancies don’t put up meaningless client lists, what impresses potential customers is case studies

Case studies show what you really did and often have named, attributable quotes

Any idiot can type a list of companies, moreso when you’re so tiny who’d ever know

thirtytwo

At Average Joes
Apr 13, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
DJR/ Team penske
I think your interpretations are pretty far fetched

What makes you think those corporations even know they are listed on a tiny pissant website?

Further, there is a difference between doing a small piece of work for a department within a regional office on a one off basis and being a preferred supplier with master service agreement supplying to the whole company

What really happens is that serious consultancies don’t put up meaningless client lists, what impresses potential customers is case studies

Case studies show what you really did and often have named, attributable quotes

Any idiot can type a list of companies, moreso when you’re so tiny who’d ever know

I once worked for a pissant company that did exactly this, listed companies as clients on their website.
Within days of the website going live, the complaints and legal threats started.
The clients listed were actual clients and just like CM some were big players in Australian business, they were not best pleased that the company I worked for had not gained approval for the use of their name nor their association to us and was being used for our own marketing purposes.
How they found out I do not know.

Getting a large companies endorsement and then being able to associate your brand with theirs is not an easy process, given my previous experiences in this matter.

If they are listed and promoted as clients on CM’s website, assuming CM have approval to do so, it does not matter the scale or scope of work that the client employed CM to undertake. They were employed by them and obviously performed the task they were employed to do to a level that the client is happy to endorse their product.

I agree case studies are better, but that is not what I was arguing.

Crowbots are dead

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Diplomatic? That response was emphatic. If you choose to not believe Eddie, that's your prerogative. The ball is in Mclure's court now. Pony up with the extra detail to prove your story, or slink off to the tip to find something new to run with. Eddie could have easily said today, "It wasn't my cup of tea, but i can potentially see the benefit of the program for a lot of other players." and so on and so forth.
Bang on . Eddie didn’t need to say anything positive about the collective minds

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Begs the question, why does a unqualified person want to mentally break people down?

Paid obscene money to be a bully...
I think you'd find mind strengthening programs, in the elite arena, would be about training aspects on your weaknesses.
It's not meant to be psychotherapy and showing 100% empathy. Otherwise, they'd get the boys to line up at some psychologist's door instead.

I think you'd find mind strengthening programs, in the elite arena, would be about training aspects on your weaknesses.
It's not meant to be psychotherapy and showing 100% empathy. Otherwise, they'd get the boys to line up at some psychologist's door instead.
Sure, but this is someone who has no qualifications.

See the difference?

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sure, but this is someone who has no qualifications.

See the difference?
I'd agree on all the hate relating to CM if we had a 3-6 (W-L) start instead of the 6-3 start that we had. The last 3 weeks was more a reflection of us having too many injuries and the results have finally caught up with our truer form. Our current field is either not good enough, underdone, or both.

Last edited:
I'd agree on all the hate relating to CM if we had a 3-6 (W-L) start instead of the 6-3 start that we had. The last 3 weeks was more a reflection of us having too many injuries and the results have finally caught up with our truer form. Our current field is either not good enough, underdone, or both.
Sure, but you are ignoring my point.

I practice as a costing consultant, but I do so with 3 relevant qualifications.

It's worrying when people are claiming to be experts without the proper background.

There is a reason for training...

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Are there any details on this camp that are actual facts? Not just speculation. I missed out when all that stuff came out. I wanna know what was so bad for the players who complained.
There is nothing but speculation.

From all reports it was one or two players who complained as well, but again nothing concrete as depending on the source its been Betts,Hampton and or Sauce.

Back