Preview Rd 13, 2018: Hawthorn v Adelaide, 16 June 2018, 7.25pm @ MCG, featuring Shaun Burgoyne's 350th match

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boys will be up and about for Silk's 350th.

Crows are injury depleted, coming off a heartbreaking 3 point loss and a Perth road trip.

We should win this.

Juicy odds.. everything against the crows, they're close to crisis over there ATM.

Dang idiots the AFL though, we need a rolling fixture, this crowd will be at least 10k less than it could have been with the World Cup starting. Game should be at 4:35 so we get the crowd we deserve, could have been a 50k home attendance but likely around the 40k I'd say.

Juicy odds.. everything against the crows, they're close to crisis over there ATM.

Dang idiots the AFL though, we need a rolling fixture, this crowd will be at least 10k less than it could have been with the World Cup starting. Game should be at 4:35 so we get the crowd we deserve, could have been a 50k home attendance but likely around the 40k I'd say.

Yeah normally I like a Saturday night clash at the G, but it's a little annoying I will be missing the France vs Australia match.

s**t weather vs interstate club and the Socceroos playing also - expect around 30,000. Our supporters don’t like the rain (see the Swans game this year) and it’s a bit pathetic. I’ll be there to cheer on Silk!

Yeah normally I like a Saturday night clash at the G, but it's a little annoying I will be missing the France vs Australia match.
0-0 after a 4yr wait & an hour & a half of game time...

Oh s**t, sorry - did I ruin it for you?!;):D

11 degrees and rain forecast , another who wants it more game .

If things really are that bad for the Crows as some are suggesting the weather and a decent attack on ball and man just might break their resolve for 2018

I'll be staying home mate, watch the Hawks and turn my phone off so no updates then watch the Aussies on record.

Are you kidding, Australia is playing France, it'll be 4-0 their way by half time.

Sent from my RNE-L02 using Tapatalk
Doesn't quite lend to the 'boring soccer, nothing ever happens' joke though, does it?:rolleyes:

Correct, but it does lend to the Australia is horrible at soccer joke.

Sent from my RNE-L02 using Tapatalk

Punch well above our weight - probably the fourth most popular sport in the country behind cricket and the winter footy codes (excluding Rugby Yawnion) - despite that and our small population we manage to qualify.

Currently ranked 36th in the world and are reigning Asian champions - long way from being ‘horrible’.

Yes, France will likely beat us though.

Wife and I are in Italy atm
Done Rome, Florence and on our way to Venice as I type
Heading to Paris Monday night
I hate soccer, but if we beat France Saturday I’ll be an instant expert, and will wear my newly bought Socceroos t-shirt for shits and giggles :p
If we lose, shirt stays at the bottom of the suitcase! :oops:

Wife and I are in Italy atm
Done Rome, Florence and on our way to Venice as I type
Heading to Paris Monday night
I hate soccer, but if we beat France Saturday I’ll be an instant expert, and will wear my newly bought Socceroos t-shirt for shits and giggles :p
If we lose, shirt stays at the bottom of the suitcase! :oops:

Have fun over there. If a Romanian person offers you a gold ring just ignore them ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have fun over there. If a Romanian person offers you a gold ring just ignore them ;)
Cheers

Shocked at the amount of Africaans in Rome trying to sell me crap
They make Bali seem deserted

Florence beautiful

Looking forward to Venice, but this bloody train keeps slowing due to train traffic

Cheers

Shocked at the amount of Africaans in Rome trying to sell me crap
They make Bali seem deserted

Florence beautiful

Looking forward to Venice, but this bloody train keeps slowing due to train traffic

There’s (well at least when I went in 2011 and 2013) a large contingent of African folk who try and sell all kinds of useless s**t underneath the Eiffel Tower. Great entertainment is watching them all scatter at breakneck speed when the cops pedal through on their bikes.

Never had much issue with them though - first time I was in Europe I was plagued by the Roma folk hitting me up on every corner it seemed. Tried my best second time around to look as non touristy as possible and it seemed to help. Good little tip I read was if one ever approaches you is to say ‘nein’ in your best German accent and they tend to bugger off quick.

Looks like Laird and Lynch might not play. Brown already ruled out. If we can't win against a depleted and out of form Adelaide team missing about 7-8 of their best 22 then finals is out of reach.

Looks like Laird and Lynch might not play. Brown already ruled out. If we can't win against a depleted and out of form Adelaide team missing about 7-8 of their best 22 then finals is out of reach.
We lost to Brisbane........

Anything is possible

I remember something similar being said about an injury depleted Sydney who we were expected to beat. Let's just hope Frawley and TimO have a better performance this time around and that Langford isn't named in the team.

Actually if Langers gets named I'll cry myself to sleep until game day

I expect both those 2 guys to get up and play, pretty much season on the line type stuff for the Adelaide Crows.

Punch well above our weight - probably the fourth most popular sport in the country behind cricket and the winter footy codes (excluding Rugby Yawnion) - despite that and our small population we manage to qualify.

Currently ranked 36th in the world and are reigning Asian champions - long way from being ‘horrible’.

Yes, France will likely beat us though.

Yeah that was a pathetic post, we genuinely have some quality in our side that can hold themselves anywhere in Europe, also Arzani looks as good as any teenage talent in the world. We punch well well above our weight, the fact the Yanks/Italians and Dutch didn't qualify speaks volumes of our effort. Anyway, just wanted to say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back