Preview R13 2018 Sydney v's West Coast Friday 7:50pm SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of piss weak Eagles supporters on here trying to pump Nic's tyres up. Don't worry Swans fans I'll deflate the prick this coming Friday Night. He won't know what hit him.

Hey, Cal. My mate's nickname for you is Gollum. He means it in an endearing way. But are you cool with that? If so, I'd like to make it a thing.

Cheers,
Tuco.

:p

Eagles going with a debutant in Brander to cover Darling.

Looking to steal some of that Ronke magic. ;)

Brander is an absolute gun in the making. Wanted us to take him after LOB was off the board, and you got him literally just before us :mad:.

SCG is a tough debut though.

Nic Nat is an absolute boss and we shouldn’t compare him with Sinclair. But these West cost fans coming here and jizzing all over their players and talking down a champion in Buddy, then claiming they got the chocolates in the Sinclair trade... I’m mean fk off you losers, stop embarrassing yourselves.

Really? I'm pretty sure the majority of us West Coast posters rate Buddy as the best HF in the game. From a positional perspective JK and Buddy don't compete as they are the best FF and HF respectively.
I think the Coleman hit its peculiarly high level of interest for us because it meant JK would've had a three-peat and if it wasn't for injury he woulda had it in the bag. But Buddy deservedly got it in the end fair n square.

Also I find on our boards it seems most WC supporters believe you won the Jetta/Sinks trade, or at best it was a draw. At the time I was sad to see Sinks traded instead of Lycett.

Jets has been very inconsistent, even though his best has been very good.
Right now we have more usage for a Jetta as we have an abundance of talls and he has just found his place as an alternative elite kick alongside Hurn at HB.

All up trading Jetta in was worth it for his role in the come from behind win against Port in the PF and the salt it produced. I also enjoyed the crumbling Port fans sitting around me in our first pre-season game when he kicked the winning goal in the last minute.

Anyway looking forward to our eoic, non-victorian powerhouse, prime-time clash on friday. Important game for both as there is a very good chance we will meet again in September!!

Brander is an absolute gun in the making. Wanted us to take him after LOB was off the board, and you got him literally just before us :mad:.

SCG is a tough debut though.
Must admit I was a bit surprised to see Brander get selected this week for the game at the SCG. If it was up to me would be inclined to bring in a smaller player this week, then play Brander the following week against Essendon at Optus. But then I'm not on the selection committee!

View attachment 509761

Welcome one and all to the Main Event.

A lot to talk about, but before we banter and talk game, I ask you all to ponder just for a moment dear winged brothers and sisters, our similarities.

Picture of the café where our coaches will never meet Gill cause they are not whiny bitches.
View attachment 509762

I’ll confess, for a few years there I’d forgotten the Eagles existed. It was a bit of a shock to see them still around and back to playing footy again. Who knew?

I can pretend it’s good to see the Eagles up and about, not least because the rolled out clichés this week might have some meaning. Our rivalry really is epic.

Can’t wait to play a Grand Final against each other in our home towns one day. Oh wait..

Form:

The Swans beat St Kilda and settled once and for all who has the better McCartin. The Eagles also had a bye.

3rd versus 1st leads us into a Friday night top 4 clash, or not, it depends on who you ask on the Swans board. We’re probably the best ‘not playing that great footy’ third placed team you’ve ever seen.

Meanwhile, the Eagles have confounded us all by finally realising winning games away from home is beneficial to their ladder position. As a result they sit top of the table having only lost once this season. Gosh, I bet they don’t want to run into those guys who delivered that smack down on their home deck again.

But in case you’ve forgotten who and how

Injuries:

Sydney: Melican, Reid, Naismith , Mills.

Eagles: Darling is a big out for them, he’s been in scintillating form. Shuey is Test but is expected to make it back. The rest I don’t really care about and to be frank, the less time I spend researching the Eagles the better my mental health will be.

Key Players:
Sinkers has been an absolute ripper for us this year, however no one expects him to beat Nic Nat. What we do know is he’s gonna give it a red hot crack anyway because that’s how he plays. How he and Rohan go in the ruck will be important, but winning the clearances will be critical.

View attachment 509763

Changes:

K Jack is expected back into the team after being rested this week with Robinson make way for his return.

Prediction:
The SCG is 170 years old, a grand dame of perfection.

As per usual the Eagles fans will whine about its size, and no doubt about everything else in comparison to their shiny new toy Optus stadium.

Hear me now, Eagle fans. Our SCG will still be standing with its name and personality intact for another century, if you want to know your future I give you GMHBA stadium.

They call us boring. We call them…well nothing much actually, we just can’t be arsed.

We don’t live in the past, we are inspired by it.

Swans by 16

Nice preview, except for the smack error. And Rohan in the ruck? Really looking forward to him fronting Lycett and NicNat. I do admire your club, even with the Turnbull salary cap. Looking forward.

Becoming a big Hayward fan here. A danger for opposition in our f50 and he's hitting the scoreboard quite well. 21 goals from 11 games is a great return for him.

Even better way to look at it, after a slow start to the season he has kicked 16 goals from his last 7 games!

Even better way to look at it, after a slow start to the season he has kicked 16 goals from his last 7 games!

A somehow even better way to look at it, he’s kicked multiple goals in 15 of his 29 games across his career thus far, plus goals in 7 other games. That’s pretty consistent!

He's definitely a multiple goal threat. Has kicked 3 a few times now. Such a strong overhead mark, too. That's a feature I wasn't expecting when he first ran out for us.

He's definitely a multiple goal threat. Has kicked 3 a few times now. Such a strong overhead mark, too. That's a feature I wasn't expecting when he first ran out for us.

He is but I’d like to see him take more overhead. Probably the one weakness for me is he too often goes for the chest mark in contested situations. Sometimes it’s just not the right option. Minor criticism for a 19yo gun! He is only going to get better!

He is but I’d like to see him take more overhead. Probably the one weakness for me is he too often goes for the chest mark in contested situations. Sometimes it’s just not the right option. Minor criticism for a 19yo gun! He is only going to get better!

Such a light frame, i wonder if he's compensating by trying to use his torso for protection. But when he extends he has great hands and is hard to beat.

Nice preview, except for the smack error. And Rohan in the ruck? Really looking forward to him fronting Lycett and NicNat. I do admire your club, even with the Turnbull salary cap. Looking forward.
Our second ruck might depend on if we want further height down back or front. Aliir comes in for back, Cameron as a forward/ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our second ruck might depend on if we want further height down back or front. Aliir comes in for back, Cameron as a forward/ruck.

If there’s even extra height at all, I suspect it will be the former. Think Horse is content with the Buddy/McCartin dynamic up forward.

I hear you, he's super good at that mark though. Gets crazy spring and does that nifty little twist to protect the fall of the ball.

Been winning games with a relatively smallish team and solo ruck.

Why Horse would would want to bring in 2 talls (and get rid of 1 in TM to be fair) doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Team is winning. Synergy at the back is great. Forward line actually seems to have some purpose and direction every so often.

Please please leave it alone. Getting back to two rucks and a lumbering FF would be silly.

Cant help but think you blokes will give us a touch up this Friday. Especially if we come out sloppy after the bye.
Excellent, can you have the four points forwarded to us at:

The Sydney Swans
C/- SCG, Driver Avenue (formerly known as, "The Swans Fortress")
Sydney, the land of over-inflated real estate
East Aust

Thx, cheers.

Why Horse would would want to bring in 2 talls (and get rid of 1 in TM to be fair) doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Team is winning. Synergy at the back is great. Forward line actually seems to have some purpose and direction every so often.

Please please leave it alone. Getting back to two rucks and a lumbering FF would be silly.

99% of the time I would agree whole-heartedly but I’m having visions of McGovern and Hurn and co just feasting on our inside 50s because of a lack of marking targets on our behalf. Cameron would provide that more so than McCartin while also giving much needed support to Sinclair against Naitanui and Lycett. If there were any week I would support Horse going back to his trusted tall formula, it’s this week.

(But I’m also fine with him keeping Bud and McCartin in tact as they’ve got a decent structure going atm)

I'm getting a good feeling about this game. I previously said 30 points but I seriously think we can get West Coast by 10 goals.

I agree.

I also think they could do us by 10 goals. I don’t think it’s gonna be the thriller many expect it to be either way...

Absolutely. We finally seemed to have figured out that our forward line is often chaotic when anything but 2 mobile tall forwards are used. McCartin stays in until Reid is fit and Cameron only comes in to give Sinclair a rest, if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back