Prediction Changes V Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Because they were injured . i didn't say last week i said the last time they played ,So if your trying to be a smart arse 2. it's because they had a bye.
Combined wins of WCE debutants > Combined wins of Freo debutants

Sorry little brother, your lot is always second best.

Keys is a mod. Mods don't get much likes around here.
We accept opposition posters much better than your mob. The general impression is that anyone on the Freo board who doesn’t state that purple is the best colour are likely to get banned.

On a matter of relevance. Well done to Freo on playing the kids. Take heart - and keep Johnson and Pearce out so as to build properly.

But why do you want to make it a “we’ve played more than you” smart arse banter? You were in deep s**t as a club and fast becoming irrelevant so you had no choice. We did it after making it to the second week of finals last year.

Keep you perspective and keep it relevant and avoid yourself slipping into the small man and baby brother syndrome.

Urgent Explanation Required=can someone please explain, with Barrass out,
how team will try to contain Big Bud? Is Schoey in?
sensibly please...;)

A Rumour on the rumour report on 6pr mentioned Oscar Allen a big chance to play. ( Could just have seen a report he flew over)

If he did play maybe Brander plays down back if Barrass doesn't come up or Schoey isnt able to make it over.

In that case maybe we line up like this:

Out: Darling (Inj) Barrass, Ah Chee, Hutchings, Nelson
In: Allen Brander Shuey Masten Ryan

Heaps of changes i know but we need Ryan & Shuey in plus Masten for in for team balance.

Hurn Brander Shep
Duggan Gov Jetta

Masten Redden Gaff

Lecra Waterman Allen
Ryan JK Rioli

Ruck: Nic Nat Yeo Shuey

Bench: Cole Lycett Sheed Cripps

Urgent Explanation Required=can someone please explain, with Barrass out,
how team will try to contain Big Bud? Is Schoey in?
sensibly please...;)
Let's be honest here.
No matter who we have playing on Buddy, he'll kick his goals.
We let dud key forwards kick 3+ on us every week let alone a bloke of Buddy's class.

Let's be honest here.
No matter who we have playing on Buddy, he'll kick his goals.
We let dud key forwards kick 3+ on us every week let alone a bloke of Buddy's class.
Sure enough..but with Tom out, given the field day Bud had last time...what's the plan?
Brander and Allen both in doesn't inspire me against the Swans.
They're both rag dolls down back against Bud.
Brander forward no probs. (Oscar gets an honourable mention in emergency)
Did Schoey go?
Whatever, it'll have to be a collective effort to contain the Big Bud...

Brander's been playing forward and Allen's been playing back for East Perth, don't think they'd swap that around for their AFL debuts.
Has Schofield flown over?He would be the best bet.After seeing Oallen v Keitel last week I would think buddy would get 10 plus.He stilll needs to learn a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That'd be the most likely focus you'd think, the first line of defence..
and our midfield has improved considerably since round 1.
It'd have to be Schoey down back surely?
(unless they smuggled Ezy over? ;))

Sure enough..but with Tom out, given the field day Bud had last time...what's the plan?
Brander and Allen both in doesn't inspire me against the Swans.
They're both rag dolls down back against Bud.
Brander forward no probs. (Oscar gets an honourable mention in emergency)
Did Schoey go?
Whatever, it'll have to be a collective effort to contain the Big Bud...

Same method you stop him with Barrass in the team.
By locking the footy in our fwd half.
If you let them win the clearances, Buddy will have a field day.

Same method you stop him with Barrass in the team.
By locking the footy in our fwd half.
If you let them win the clearances, Buddy will have a field day.
Okay, so basically we're counting on the fact (and it is a fact) that we've improved since last time
and are capable of locking into our forward half and beating them in the clearances?
(because that didn't go so well last time)

Okay, so basically we're counting on the fact (and it is a fact) that we've improved since last time
and are capable of locking into our forward half and beating them in the clearances?
(because that didn't go so well last time)

Ideally that is what you want to do. Didn't say it was easy.
Buddy up the ground is less dangerous than Buddy sitting in the F50 arc.

Traditionally, Hawthorn's style of play is effective against Sydney (keepings off). Limit the amount of stoppages = less clearances for Sydney.
We've been playing this style the last few weeks and hopefully we can put it to good effect Friday.
Round one, it appeared to me as if we were more likely to run and carry than what we've been doing recently, which exposed us with turnovers.

Why? He's handy depth but is only keeping Venables or Ryan's spot warm. No mid spots available for him with Hutch in decent form and Shuey coming back.
As much as I want to see Archie play into form, he is only handy depth at this stage..need our best mids for Swans.
The airport whispers and ducks&drakes have gone to another level this game...doing my head in, given the stakes.
team announcement will be fun...

Ideally that is what you want to do. Didn't say it was easy.
Buddy up the ground is less dangerous than Buddy sitting in the F50 arc.

Traditionally, Hawthorn's style of play is effective against Sydney (keepings off). Limit the amount of stoppages = less clearances for Sydney.
We've been playing this style the last few weeks and hopefully we can put it to good effect Friday.
Round one, it appeared to me as if we were more likely to run and carry than what we've been doing recently, which exposed us with turnovers.
be interesting to see how our style of play transfers to a narrower/smaller ground, up against the limited wins there in 2 decades.
most punters have it as a hard fought struggle with a narrow winning margin to either side.(sounds familiar)
(there is an outside chance we could bust it open....best keep a lid on that.)

Last edited:
Think that maybe Schofield is still a small chance perhaps? And that otherwise Allen plays of McCartin plays. If McCartin misses then we would go small.

So feel like the team is sorted except for two spots. Maybe some uncertainty about Masto playing too.

FB: Sheppard McGovern Cole
HB: Hurn Schoey/Allen/Nelson Duggan
C: Masten Redden Gaff
HF: Rioli Brander Cripps
FF: LeCras Kennedy Ryan

R: Naitanui Yeo Shuey

I: Jetta Sheed/Hutchings Waterman Lycett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back