Autopsy Liked, Learnt, Hated - Round 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Learnt- Crows are in crisis
Liked- Richmond a comical team away from Melbourne, gee you'd hope from a tigers perspective they wrap up top 2 or things could get verrrry embarassing. Did anyone say straight sets?
Hated- Sam Mclure

Liked: The WCE Illuminati conspiracy.

The team didn't even play last weekend and consolidated its spot at the top.

Asterisk Premiership here we come!

Liked: Two in a row! Our NEAFL side three in a row after being uncompetitive since 2016, starting to build some depth. Adam Kennedy's dominant game in the NEAFL first time back after more than 12 months off with an ACL. News on Scully and Greene not as good, with Williams a late season return if at all. We run with what we have and push for finals after the bye though, back us for a home EF I'd suggest.

Learnt: Pies win upset the pecking order a bit I think. It was a dominant display in the end, against a good side playing well as I saw it.

Hated: The period before half time at Spotless when Shiel, Lobb and Lloyd went off injured. Geez that hurt. For once it was good news with Lobb and Shiel reported OK, but Lloyd will miss a couple of games at this stage.

Liked: Swans opening Quarter vs St Kilda

Learnt: Dees are going to struggle without Lever organising the defence

Hated:The Contact below the Knees rules, when a player on the ground is going for a loose ball someone just needs to trip over them to get a Free.

Liked: Coaches outdoing all the flogs in the media going down the slide.

Learnt: Fremantle have built the nucleus of a side that can have sustained success in the future. Cerra in particular has future star written all over him.

Hated: Melbourne losing clearances convincingly two weeks in a row (also happened against the Bulldogs last week). An issue we need to rectify quickly with the personnel we have.

Learnt:

Home finals are going to be the most important factor for ALL sides.

Also, between coffee with Gil, getting priority fixturing in rd 23 last year and now being the AFL test dummy for zones, the love between Hawthorn and the AFL is at a concerningly high level.

Liked: Gazza's game on the weekend - proves he's still got it

Learnt : Geelong's backline of Misfits is currently the best in the competition

Hated: Media commentary of Heppell Vs Hodge on Sunday @ The Gabba - IT was a contest and a clash of heads

Liked:
Pies v Dees. great game. Pendles is class.
Stef Martin checking on Heppell whilst the game was still going.
Ollie Wines' & JDG's games. Watching the kids evolve into league leaders is always enjoyable. These kids aren't far

Learnt:
EFC can win and still have issues. Our forward line on the weekend was proper VFL standard. For all the talk of inside mids, we should be talking to Tom Lynch as well.
If the AFL wants to know why people are turning up to games, but turning off their TV's, the math isn't that hard. At the football, there is football, crowd noise, and the "option" to listen to a commentator. On TV, there is football, crowd noise, and no option but to listen to sporadic commentary and incessant banality and clowning around. If you have to employ these people, please ask Fox to give us a commentator mute button.

Hated:
Seeing Dys go a pale shade of grey. Was on par for another best on performance.
Black's injury. hate seeing those.
the trio of drunk louts that intermittently sat next to us on Queens Bday. Either be drunk and funny, or sober and not. I thought TV commentator drawl was bad. :(

Liked: Was terrific to see all eighteen coaches come together and have a laugh for a good cause.

Hated: Seeing the sorry state our staff, coaches and players have dragged the Crows into. I actually hope this season continues to go pear-shaped because only that will catalyse the massive cleanout desperately needed at West Lakes.

Learnt: Nothing new

Liked: Two in a row! Our NEAFL side three in a row after being uncompetitive since 2016, starting to build some depth. Adam Kennedy's dominant game in the NEAFL first time back after more than 12 months off with an ACL. News on Scully and Greene not as good, with Williams a late season return if at all. We run with what we have and push for finals after the bye though, back us for a home EF I'd suggest.

Learnt: Pies win upset the pecking order a bit I think. It was a dominant display in the end, against a good side playing well as I saw it.

Hated: The period before half time at Spotless when Shiel, Lobb and Lloyd went off injured. Geez that hurt. For once it was good news with Lobb and Shiel reported OK, but Lloyd will miss a couple of games at this stage.

I know probably the wrong thread but I'm a selfish fantasy footballer.
What is the deal with Greene?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know probably the wrong thread but I'm a selfish fantasy footballer.
What is the deal with Greene?
All good
Sadly, inside word is 8 weeks. Club kinda hands up and hoping publicly, probably genuine. Leon has said he looks good for a few days and then pulls up sore.

Not good for him.
This year I think he couldve gone really big.
:(There's always next year. I'm reluctant to go to clinical outcomes but it does seem a "hotspot" often precedes a stress fracture. If that's the clinicians assessment I get not risking him. He will be an important player long term.

:(There's always next year. I'm reluctant to go to clinical outcomes but it does seem a "hotspot" often precedes a stress fracture. If that's the clinicians assessment I get not risking him. He will be an important player long term.

Feel like you guys are in a similar (but slightly better) situation to us on field.
Just holding on with injuries hoping for a form shift. Both might end up packing it up early depending on the next 4-5 weeks.

Feel like you guys are in a similar (but slightly better) situation to us on field.
Just holding on with injuries hoping for a form shift. Both might end up packing it up early depending on the next 4-5 weeks.
I think we actually turned the corner in the last 2 weeks. I get you were weakened but for us winning at AO with a team battling for confidence after two spankings there last year was a big deal. Frankly if we cant win 7-10 from a tough draw we'd be fodder in September anyway.
I think you guys haven't turned but will. There's plenty of talent left, supporters always exaggerate the short term when looking long term.

Liked : Geelong defence, Cats slowly improving. The return of some good players in the VFL....

Learnt: Dees are still a way off yet... Crows are toast, Tigers are still the the team to beat and until see we them beaten on the MCG they will maintain favoritism. It's almost done and she's completely flipped out...

Hated : White shorts for home game, the sliding rule, the score review system for touched off boot decisions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back