Player Watch #14 Callum Mills (c)

Remove this Banner Ad

Callum_Mills_2017.4.jpg

Callum Mills

Callum Mills is one of the best young players in the AFL. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2016 AFL Rising Star award and was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in three of his four eligible years. Mills is a small defender with uncompromising courage who’s also capable of shifting through the midfield. The New South Welshman was elevated to Sydney’s leadership group during the 2018 pre-season at the age of just 21, and he’s now a member of a five-man leadership panel alongside co-captains Josh Kennedy, Luke Parker and Dane Rampe, as well as Lance Franklin.

Callum Mills
DOB: 02 April 1997
DEBUT: 2016
DRAFT: #3, 2015 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: North Shore (NSW)

I think how little we have noticed callum missing from the back line bodes very well for his transition to the midfield. I thi K add him in up there and we have a really great and even looking midfield.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Credit needs to go to Jones, he's really stepped up in that role in Mills absence. I thought he was very good against the Saints

Credit needs to go to Jones, he's really stepped up in that role in Mills absence. I thought he was very good against the Saints
Jones Loyd and McVeigh have all been great this season. Rampe has been as well. Im stunned how little we are missing him. To not really feel the loss a a player as good as him really just goes to show that system trumps personell. Hope we don't lose many more though!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not out for the year yet despite what the club are saying

Yes very strange they announced that so early. A break especially in the little toe metatarsal (appears that's what it is from picture) is 6 weeks usually. It's the smallest bone and the one that usually goes when landing poorly. Should be weight bearing after 3. Remember one of my teammates had a chip in that bone from landing poorly and he merely had it wrapped, crutches for two weeks and then another two completely healed. Same location. Im thinking they were mega pissed off being non afl incident and announced that to teach him the importance of not engaging in nonsense. I too think he will be back later in year perhaps when they've stopped being annoyed?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We all suspect he won't though and we'll have to watch Callum punch the ground over and over again when he gets outmarked
It's a testament to him that he won the Rising Star playing out of position. He's a natural midfielder which is why I'm amused that some posters don't see moving him to the midfield as any sort of fix to the team. I think he could be a gun for us in the middle. Do it, Horse!

It's a testament to him that he won the Rising Star playing out of position. He's a natural midfielder which is why I'm amused that some posters don't see moving him to the midfield as any sort of fix to the team. I think he could be a gun for us in the middle. Do it, Horse!

Agreed I think we’re crying out for him there

Just not sure Horse will oblige

Remove this Banner Ad

Back