Rumour Beams coming on heavy, hot and strong (Beams & picks 41 & 44 for 18, 56, COL's 2019 1st rd)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott_the_man

Club Legend
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Carlton got 2 first rounders for Gibbs who is older and has a similar output to Beams. I think we'll get decent compensation if he decides to go.

Robbo18! says it's bullshit

Media says it's bullshit.

It's just a journo using the death of a players father to generate clicks. Kind of repugnant when you think about it.

Lock thread. Beamsy won't leave ever. He'll play until he's 70.

May 20, 2015
Maleny, Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I preface the following by saying I think its complete bunkum and typical Vic centro journalism of the 'whispers' that Beams may request a move back to Vic. However, in the extraordinary long shot that he is contemplating a move back to Vic....What would be his realistic 'market value' if he were to be on the trade table?

He's contracted and i'm sure would he would be very respectful of looking after the Lions interest in any potential deal.
I agree, remember when he out bid Swany on that massive house he purchased in Balmoral. If he pulls a surprise it will be an early retirement, he isn't going back to Victoria.

royboys4eva

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2006
Melbourne - once Darwin.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Aside from the fact that it all seems pure made up crap - the two sides mentioned Collingwood and Essendon are the two clubs who could least afford him. Both are paying big bucks to a number of players and the Pies are suppose to be into Tom Lynch. The Bombers got Stringer - Devon Smith and Saad last season. I couldn't see how either club could possibly get him unless they moved on a couple big names themselves. Pies would have little interest when you look at the current midfield they posses.

St Kilda need another quality player but would Dayne leave the Lions to go to club who is going no better ?

Even if he was entertaining the thought of leaving for Victoria the choices are limited - he would have to take a big pay cut.

jjami15

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Aside from the fact that it all seems pure made up crap - the two sides mentioned Collingwood and Essendon are the two clubs who could least afford him. Both are paying big bucks to a number of players and the Pies are suppose to be into Tom Lynch. The Bombers got Stringer - Devon Smith and Saad last season. I couldn't see how either club could possibly get him unless they moved on a couple big names themselves. Pies would have little interest when you look at the current midfield they posses.

St Kilda need another quality player but would Dayne leave the Lions to go to club who is going no better ?

Even if he was entertaining the thought of leaving for Victoria the choices are limited - he would have to take a big pay cut.
Yes he would have to take a big pay cut however there always delistings and trades that can alter a team's overall cap spend. Who the hell knows in all reality but it was interesting to see how quickly we jumped at shadows, me included.

Dec 18, 2011
QLD
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Roar,Halifax Town AFC
Brisbane slam dunks reports Dayne Beams wants a trade to Collingwood or Essendon
Mark Robinson, CHIEF FOOTBALL WRITER, Herald Sun
June 13, 2018 5:59pm
Subscriber only
BRISBANE and Dayne Beams are categoric he will be at the Lions next year despite reports linking him to a move to Essendon or Collingwood.

Beams told the Lions the suggestion was totally ridiculous.

Lions chief executive Greg Swann also took the unprecedented step this week to talk to the Bombers, to Beams and to Beams’ manager Paul Connors to expose the truth.

SUPERCOACH: THE ROOKIES TO TRADE IN + OUT

FOOTY TIPPING: SEE WHO THE EXPERTS ARE PICKING

Beams, 29, has two years to run on a contract which is estimated to be close to $900,000 a year.

“I actually rang Beamsy just for the record and asked him ‘Are you settled?’ and he said he wasn't going anywhere,’’ Swann said.

“How can I say this nicely … he strongly refuted it. That’s all I wanted to know … it’s rubbish.’’

d1c5edd6212609772f84d0e7601d9e30

Dayne Beams has rubbished talk of a move south. Pic: Getty Images
The Beams-out-of-Brisbane report first aired Monday on Channel 7 and was again reported on social media.

“It was raised twice,’’ Swann said. “The first time we didn’t bother with it and the next time it had a bit more detail about Essendon, so I thought I’d round this up and tie it in a nice little bow.’’

Swann spoke to Essendon list manager Adrian Dodoro. “He said, ‘Mate, are you serious? We haven’t spoken to him’.’’

Swann then spoke to Connors.

“I asked him if any club had rung him about Beams and he said nobody.’’

Swann then called Beams.

“He said ‘It’s rubbish and as a matter of fact I’ll ring Paul to tell him to tell the media bloke to pull his head in’.’’

4caeb83859b308a318c5ef00a9f66f10

Beams wrestles with Pie Taylor Adams. Pic: Getty Images
The Lions boss said he was bemused more than angry about the reports, but also took aim at the rampant speculation about player movement.

“It always come in the bye weekend when there’s not a lot to talk about,’’ Swann said. “You can set your clock by it.’’

Beams, who recently gave up rgw Lions captaincy to help deal with mental health/grief issues, had been in sparkling form before being clamped by Essendon at the Gabba last Sunday.

Swann said Beams was recovering well.

“He’s going all right, his wife is due Monday week I think, so yeah he’s going all right.’’

Carlos Danger

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Robbo18! says it's bullshit

Media says it's bullshit.

It's just a journo using the death of a players father to generate clicks. Kind of repugnant when you think about it.

Lock thread. Beamsy won't leave ever. He'll play until he's 70.
You forgot Carlos Danger said it's bullshit ;)

I'm with you lock the thread, the more people talk about it the more Mr nobody Browne wins

I'm with you lock the thread, the more people talk about it the more Mr nobody Browne wins

Nice in theory but it just means people talk about it in every other thread instead.

Of course if people didn't bump the thread with requests to lock it, it'd drift off quicker too. :D

Berrygood

Club Legend
Aug 27, 2017
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
You're a long time retired. Plenty of time to move back to vic. I think he will see out his contract here. He comes across as an honorable man. if the team, by that time, has improved to the point of competing for a finals spot i think he would sign on again to reap the rewards of his effort an influence. I hope so anyway. Another 2 or 3yrs on good coin, a settled home and secure work isnt to much to take in the long life ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Carlton got 2 first rounders for Gibbs who is older and has a similar output to Beams. I think we'll get decent compensation if he decides to go.
How about we go back to square one.....De Goey n Crisp for Beams n throw in Thomas for Beams not playing for a couple of seasons.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Heard Pickering talking this morning on SEN, said he wanted to have a go at MarkRobbo (360) for saying DBeams will definately be staying at the Lions. Then he played a shot of Robbo back in the day, saying that DBeams will definately be staying at the Pies...

...then said for Robbo not to be so sure of it, big mistake as he's been wrong before.

Carlos Danger

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Heard Pickering talking this morning on SEN, said he wanted to have a go at MarkRobbo (360) for saying DBeams will definately be staying at the Lions. Then he played a shot of Robbo back in the day, saying that DBeams will definately be staying at the Pies...

...then said for Robbo not to be so sure of it, big mistake as he's been wrong before.
Pickering is a tool.

Robbos article was quoting Greg swan who said essenden haven't spoken to him, beams agent said he's not going & beams said hes not going.

It's not just robbo making stuff up. Unlike Browne, it's happening because he says so.

Grizzly86

Club Legend
Sep 6, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The same Pickering that manages Aish? The same Aish that refused to be involved in the Beams trade due to not wanting to leave us?

Yeah... * Pickering! Hypocrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back