QFA Div 1

4545budgie

Draftee
Jun 5, 2018
Sorry but in regards to what you all believe Noosa to spend your well off, not even close to well under

switchingplay

Jan 1, 2011
Sunny Coast
Sorry but in regards to what you all believe Noosa to spend your well off, not even close to well under
I dont have a problem with what Noosa spend or any teams for that matter. If you can afford to without jeopardizing the future sustainability of the club or overburdening volunteers then go for it as the competition allows it. Does it work, sometimes yes, sometimes no but thats the decision of individual clubs to decide.

YOULL DO ME

Jul 4, 2017
I dont have a problem with what Noosa spend or any teams for that matter. If you can afford to without jeopardizing the future sustainability of the club or overburdening volunteers then go for it as the competition allows it. Does it work, sometimes yes, sometimes no but thats the decision of individual clubs to decide.
As mentioned heaps of times before,good people make good footy clubs and at Noosa we have been very lucky to have hard working good people willing not only to invest their time but often money too.the footy club and the result of our seniors each week over winter means a fair bit too them and the past players contingent has always been a great strongpoint of the Noosa footy club.to see names like Trompf,laskey,Wallace,boardman,Fitzpatrick,maher,Odwyer,Mcdonald and pettigrove all in the senior group and all Noosa juniors is what’s so pleasing to our supporters in what is usually such a floating footballing population

YOULL DO ME

Jul 4, 2017
As mentioned heaps of times before,good people make good footy clubs and at Noosa we have been very lucky to have hard working good people willing not only to invest their time but often money too.the footy club and the result of our seniors each week over winter means a fair bit too them and the past players contingent has always been a great strongpoint of the Noosa footy club.to see names like Trompf,laskey,Wallace,boardman,Fitzpatrick,maher,Odwyer,Mcdonald and pettigrove all in the senior group and all Noosa juniors is what’s so pleasing to our supporters in what is usually such a floating footballing population
Couple of pretty interesting game on sunny coast this weekend with Noosa v springwood and Caloundra hosting Maroochydore.pumas have a bit of a stranglehold on Noosa having beaten them 3 of last 4 times b interesting how they travel and ofcourse always a good battle between panthers and Roos .im sure panthers will b looking to be right in the contest for the distance.

BlackGun1

Oct 13, 2007
Qld
I thought Yeronga wouldn't win a game in Seniros or Reserves. they shocked me when they beat Springwood, and good on them.

All downhill from there though, they are a very average footy side.

Missing about 10-12 since the Springwood game, could be more competitive as others return. Unfortunately the competition has advanced since last year and when you go backwards from the year before, its always going to be a battle.

Aug 27, 2007
brisbane
Is Dougie still around

YOULL DO ME

Jul 4, 2017
Is Dougie still around
Yes Samo Dougy still part of the furniture up here.he has retired so watches heaps of footy,gets there early to watch the colts and even enjoys watching the under16s on sundays also.still a game day sponsor and as smy said is our club patron

YOULL DO ME

Jul 4, 2017
Yes Samo Dougy still part of the furniture up here.he has retired so watches heaps of footy,gets there early to watch the colts and even enjoys watching the under16s on sundays also.still a game day sponsor and as smy said is our club patron
damo

smy1305

Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
Gold Coast
gee mate pretty good effort by the panthers on the weekend a really solid response after a couple of hidings.did u have a chance late to win it ?
Kicked a goal with 30sec left on clock to put us up by 6pts. Roos do a great set play at cb, kick into fwd half with a shonky kick, lands in jack gales hands. Kicks the goal And siren sounds as it goes thru. Was a good goal under the circumstances.
3 goals down at the last break, really happy with how blokes responded from last couple of hit outs, was always more about their effort than end result and although 4 pts would have been greAt, 2 was better than none, especially as we had 8 changes from springwood gAme.
Aside from your mob, think its a pretty even comp. mayne will bebetter in the 2nd half of season as will a couple of others imo.

A great day for local footy mind you, footy club put on an area for maroochy and caloundra old boys to mingle and drink and there would have been 500 people around i reckon. Ripping day a d pleasingly a stack of young sc fellas on both sides playing it out.

YOULL DO ME

Jul 4, 2017
Kicked a goal with 30sec left on clock to put us up by 6pts. Roos do a great set play at cb, kick into fwd half with a shonky kick, lands in jack gales hands. Kicks the goal And siren sounds as it goes thru. Was a good goal under the circumstances.
3 goals down at the last break, really happy with how blokes responded from last couple of hit outs, was always more about their effort than end result and although 4 pts would have been greAt, 2 was better than none, especially as we had 8 changes from springwood gAme.
Aside from your mob, think its a pretty even comp. mayne will bebetter in the 2nd half of season as will a couple of others imo.

A great day for local footy mind you, footy club put on an area for maroochy and caloundra old boys to mingle and drink and there would have been 500 people around i reckon. Ripping day a d pleasingly a stack of young sc fellas on both sides playing it out.
That’s great to hear mate and a really good initiative to invite and have past players at a local derby.just so important for the 3 big clubs if u like to attract a local following both on and off the field.and yes noosa playing a pretty good brand of footy but will be surely tested by away games to mdore and cooparoo in 2 and 3 weeks time.still think there’s a couple to come back in that will strengthen us some more.couple of really promising kids in colts Johnston and pettigrove have been constantly putting hand up and should get a chance I reckon.still a long way to go and most teams seem so much better at home.i agree with u on mayne being big improvers back half of year and I think teams like springwood,Burleigh and even uni can cause an upset at homereckon final five will stay as is but not in order

YOULL DO ME

Jul 4, 2017
Really looking forward to the Noosa v maroochy game this weekend in a season that just seems to have really flattened out compared to last year.just across the entire competition games have been no where near as even with 3 of every 5 game each week being floggings in one way or another.whilst the interest among the tiger faithful is high due to our ladder position most reflect on a pretty uninteresting first half and a bit of 2018 should b a big following heading down to fishermans rd in the hope of watching a good hard close game of footy featuring the standout two clubs of the competition

smy1305

Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
Gold Coast
Its funny mate, a few people have now mentioned to me that the competition is better than last year.. Certainly think it is more even from 3-9 anyway. Noosa an outlier in my mind at this point in time - maybe why the faithful up that way are getting bored... :)

Apr 19, 2005
The Pub
UQ AFC (My only true team)
Its funny mate, a few people have now mentioned to me that the competition is better than last year.. Certainly think it is more even from 3-9 anyway. Noosa an outlier in my mind at this point in time - maybe why the faithful up that way are getting bored... :)

I'm a big fan of the QFA Division 1. This isn't from my UQ hat on, this is from the hat as a goal umpire. Some of the most enjoyable games I've had over the previous 2 seasons have been QFA Division 1 (None in the senior grade this year. Not umpiring any senior footy.). There is certainly a lot of passion from the crowd, the players, the clubs overall but largely the games have almost always been competitive and incredible to be part of.

For record, I used to umpire QAFL and NEAFL as a goaly. I love every game I'm involved with my maggot shirt on, but the competitiveness of local community level footy is incredible.

YOULL DO ME

Jul 4, 2017
The tiger faithfull not bored anymore smy I couldn’t get to maroochy game yesterday but from all reports Roos far too good my sources told me the score line flattered Noosa and it was more like a 6 goal win.can look like down hill skiers at times the tigers but falter when serious pressure is on.i reckon we have several blokes that are passed their used by dates and apparently it was evident yesterday however no need for panic not a bad time of year to get a reality check and plenty of good colts playing well and putting hand up.have no idea why reed Gordon played in twos he is a walk up start imo to seniors great win by Caloundra mate I thought that may have been a danger game especially with no Rudolph how’d buntain go certainly not setting this comp on fire like I would have thought two years ago rated top 25 players in the state rarely named in best for cooparoo

smy1305

Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
Gold Coast
Yeah I was surprised mate at Noosa losing and like you said, right time of year to have it happen. Reid in the 2s is very surprising but saying this no idea if he trains well, attitude good. Can’t pick a guy on birth certificate. Gee your colts had a good win too.
Real soliD win by us yesterday, played very well, could have won by a fair bit more if kicked straight (but didnt). Interesting few weeks for coorparoo now, with Springwood away, then the 2 ladder leaders.

Bud63

MVP
May 7, 2015
Sunshine Coast
The tiger faithfull not bored anymore smy I couldn’t get to maroochy game yesterday but from all reports Roos far too good my sources told me the score line flattered Noosa and it was more like a 6 goal win.can look like down hill skiers at times the tigers but falter when serious pressure is on.i reckon we have several blokes that are passed their used by dates and apparently it was evident yesterday however no need for panic not a bad time of year to get a reality check and plenty of good colts playing well and putting hand up.have no idea why reed Gordon played in twos he is a walk up start imo to seniors great win by Caloundra mate I thought that may have been a danger game especially with no Rudolph how’d buntain go certainly not setting this comp on fire like I would have thought two years ago rated top 25 players in the state rarely named in best for cooparoo
It was a good confidence boost for the Roos but the loss wont hurt Noosa. I agree about a couple of older blokes that battled to keep up from Noosa. Trompf started in ruck with Simmo running amok until Trompf was pulled and McDonald put where he plays best. A good tussle between those two young ruckmen. I expect the starting lineup for both teams to be different by finals time. Big surprise to see Burleigh smash Springwood. Whats happened there, Springwood were going alright?

YOULL DO ME

Jul 4, 2017
Springwood travel worse than most I think plus Burleigh 5 goals better at home. Interesting next 6wks
Couple of interesting ins this weekend with Noosa coach Sammy Faure expected back after a 3 month lay off due to hip surgery and I’m hearing maroochy best and fairest Jackson Ryan also back this weekend after a long lay off from knee surgery.two pretty important players for both clubs

Bud63

MVP
May 7, 2015
Sunshine Coast
Couple of interesting ins this weekend with Noosa coach Sammy Faure expected back after a 3 month lay off due to hip surgery and I’m hearing maroochy best and fairest Jackson Ryan also back this weekend after a long lay off from knee surgery.two pretty important players for both clubs
Ryan's still a couple of weeks away.

YOULL DO ME

Jul 4, 2017
Ryan's still a couple of weeks away.
Gee be a big in for Roos though bud just a terrific footballer and good bloke to go with it very stiff to miss last years flag not often do u hear the best of fairest in a premiership year not playing in winning gf side

Bud63

MVP
May 7, 2015
Sunshine Coast
Gee be a big in for Roos though bud just a terrific footballer and good bloke to go with it very stiff to miss last years flag not often do u hear the best of fairest in a premiership year not playing in winning gf side
It'll be up to him mate, no-ones pressuring him. He's been doing full training for a while. And yes he won our b&f by a big margin in our premiership year but didnt get his own medal so he's keen for that.

smy1305

Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
Gold Coast
It'll be up to him mate, no-ones pressuring him. He's been doing full training for a while. And yes he won our b&f by a big margin in our premiership year but didnt get his own medal so he's keen for that.

Good to hear - cracking bloke.