Play Nice Brian Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

Who was commentating that night in Adelaide with BT? Bruce was probably still at the Commonwealth games.
It may have been Darcy? Jason Bennett?
I though Bennett did a great job.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

His garbage roaming segment has to be the most self indulgent garbage on TV. It’s all about him and surely the only reason it still survives is to prevent another hissy fit. He should be jealous of Bennett because Bennett is so much better.

His garbage roaming segment has to be the most self indulgent garbage on TV. It’s all about him and surely the only reason it still survives is to prevent another hissy fit. He should be jealous of Bennett because Bennett is so much better.

Once Hutchy revealed on his podcast that 'Roaming Bryan' is all set up you realise just how self serving it is.

You can see below the guys with the green lanyards get busted during the setup a fortnight ago.

Super keen to watch the upcoming Friday game with "uh-Lloyd" and "Big Boy McEvoy".

"Flyin' Ryan" this, "Flying Ryan" that and then he kept calling Ryan, "Rioli". Then called Nelson "Sheppard". Time time remove him from WCE games until he can tell the difference with the 22 players. Absolute spud.

He hardly knows any of the Eagles players and is just guessing most of the time.

Just when you thought he couldn't get any worse, he outdoes himself

Don't play that game where you have to down a drink every time he makes a mistake, its a trap, you'll be talking in braille by half time

I like him. Knows what he's talking about footballwise. Who cares if he doesn't know which flog is wearing an eagles jumper.

Knowing football, being able to recall players names, having a decent voice, being able to articulate and not trying to make themselves a focus of the commentary are keys to good commentary. BT fails badly on just about all of those.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like him. Knows what he's talking about footballwise. Who cares if he doesn't know which flog is wearing an eagles jumper.

Actually doesn’t know what he”s talking about a lot of the time. Umpires are correct about 93% of the time, Taylor would be lucky to be hitting 50%. Consistently shows himself to have little understanding of the rules of AFL footy.

Ridiculous comment. I get you don't like him which is fine but you don't need to make stuff up. Just say you don't like him. That's okay. Nobody says you have to. I think he's actually a very good play by play commentator. Is he perfect? Nope but nobody is.

He's not a good play by play commentator as he doesn't know the players names.

Yeah - those who aren't devoted fans of a particular commentator would think it is pretty important. In BT's case it is only one of quite a few things that make him poor.
I don't consider myself a 'devoted fan' of any commentator. I too think it's important which is why I can't agree with you. You're just talking rubbish. He gets players names wrong sometimes. So do all commentators. It's a fast paced sport that quite often has a lot of congestion around the action. As I said before if you have genuine reasons why you don't like him then that's fine but you don't need to make stuff up.

Ridiculous comment. I get you don't like him which is fine but you don't need to make stuff up. Just say you don't like him. That's okay. Nobody says you have to. I think he's actually a very good play by play commentator. Is he perfect? Nope but nobody is.

I am not making anything up. Taylor spends an inordinate amount of time during his calls rubbishing umpires for bad decisions, the vast amount of which are shown to be correct when shown from various angles in replay. He reveals himself often as having an unacceptablely poor knowlege of the rules of the game he is being paid to comment on. If you don’t believe that make sure you watch and listen a bit more carefully next time you watch a game that he is commentating on. You are correct in your suggestion that I don’t particularly like Taylor, the main reason being that I appreciate and enjoy professionalism and accuracy from a commentator. He falls a long way short in both areas far too often.

Taylor spends an inordinate amount of time during his calls rubbishing umpires for bad decisions
He calls it as he sees it and usually prefaces his comments with 'Gee I'm not sure about' or similar. They then quite often discuss it with the other commentators as it can be an interesting point of conversation in the game and gives the special comments guys something to talk about while they set up at the next stoppage, watch a replay, talk about it, you know like a sports telecast.

He reveals himself often as having an unacceptablely poor knowlege of the rules of the game he is being paid to comment on.
Again, ridiculous comment. He played the game at the highest level for 10 years and has been involved with football for most of his life. Pretty sure he knows the rules. If his knowledge of the rules was 'unacceptably poor' he'd be out of a job. Simple.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back