Autopsy Post game vs Gold Coast Rd 13, 2018 - Win at last.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha ha, maybe.

Young kids, business, red wine, & Saints sucking = zzzzzzzz
we do have some silly rituals sometimes ... i remember going to one of my first Saints games in Melbourne and being so enthusiastic about it that i got my face painted by one of the face painters ... we then proceeded to get flogged by over 100 and i vowed never to wear facepaint again ...
in 2004 we used to go to a pub in Perth to watch the game called the Civic , was only bout 4 of us most weeks but round one i ordered the fish and chips and we won round two & round 3 the same .. by about round 7 i had the guys forcing me to eat fish and chips...

Very strongly disagree.

Early last year when Hickey was in the ruck and getting walloped there we were also getting smashed in the clearances (by thosevtype of teams) off the back of it, yet once Billy came into the team, we came up against plenty more very good inside groups and we won the clearances most weeks (hence going from bottom 2 in clearances after 4 rounds to finish 3rd for clearance differential just 18 weeks later).

We also only lost the clearance count in about one of our last 8 games last year, even though we played a bunch of teams during that time who went on to make the 8.

In a couple of games he got coaches votes in games we lost as the only one from our team to get any.

So I don't see him having anything to prove as far as that goes, as he did it repeatedly last year.

If he keeps playing similarly to last night, I fully expect we'll be a much better clearance team off the back of it again.

Yet we were the team ranked 18th for clearances going into this round, so whether that's true or not, there was little if anything between the two teams in that regard going into the game. Yet we beat them in the clearances by a record amount since CD have been keeping stats (about 18 years, IIRC).

So whether they were crap at it for the season so far, we were arguably crapper, yet smashed them there.

Hickey at the start of last year was terrible, I doubt anyone doubts that, but Longer's tap work is extremely average too. He's better than Hicks but is a liability on the ground. Hickey is good for a ruckman around the ground but below average in ruck work.

Neither are great IMO. Watch Longer with your eyes not a stats list and you can see he offers little.

We stacked the midfield with inside players obviously thinking that was how we might beat them. It ended up working but nearly didn't. Longer will get his chance now but I'm not starting the Longer fan club just yet. Give me a few more games to decide if he was worth the change over.

Hickey at the start of last year was terrible, I doubt anyone doubts that, but Longer's tap work is extremely average too. He's better than Hicks but is a liability on the ground. Hickey is good for a ruckman around the ground but below average in ruck work.

Neither are great IMO. Watch Longer with your eyes not a stats list and you can see he offers little.

We stacked the midfield with inside players obviously thinking that was how we might beat them. It ended up working but nearly didn't. Longer will get his chance now but I'm not starting the Longer fan club just yet. Give me a few more games to decide if he was worth the change over.

And as the commentators said and they understand the game more than us they went negative in the midfield which they don’t normally do thinking they would beat us on the outside which they nearly did for most of the night. Watching the game does beat stats. I don’t think anyone was saying longer was going better than hickey at three quarter time. A win and that tap out in the last minute can change things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know that as a club we have deficiencies. Whether it is our playing list, coaches, money, training facilities...
On Friday I was rushed to hospital for an emergency surgery to have a 15cm x 8cm x 6 cm growth that was attached to my appendix removed. My doctor also removed part of my bowel and part of the lining of my stomach. I saw the 3/4 time score before they upped my ketamine drip
I woke in the early hours and saw that we had won and I shed a tear. My boys had won a game they had no right to win and I felt so proud
I have the game recorded and cannot wait until I get home to watch the replay

At their best which of those 2 do you think could could a bag of goals. For me it’s billings and as we struggle to kick goals anyway I’m not getting out of there

Its a fair point Plugger, but I don't see Billings offering anything that Membrey, Gresham or Long don't. With Savage at HFF I envisage him having long range shots and providing a bit more grunt around stoppages. Plus I prefer Billings disposal out of D50 over Savages.
In any event, the scenario won't occur so it's a moot point and I was only musing out loud.

Its a fair point Plugger, but I don't see Billings offering anything that Membrey, Gresham or Long don't. With Savage at HFF I envisage him having long range shots and providing a bit more grunt around stoppages. Plus I prefer Billings disposal out of D50 over Savages.
In any event, the scenario won't occur so it's a moot point and I was only musing out loud.

If savage has more grunt than billings it’s time to retire. Anyway any idea is good on here.

Spud seems to think that Hunter will get the rising star nom this week, which surprises me a little. I thought if anyone, Battle with his 3 goals would have been the man.

One now, one in two weeks and coff down the track. Not fussed the order :D
Who selects them?

I know that as a club we have deficiencies. Whether it is our playing list, coaches, money, training facilities...
On Friday I was rushed to hospital for an emergency surgery to have a 15cm x 8cm x 6 cm growth that was attached to my appendix removed. My doctor also removed part of my bowel and part of the lining of my stomach. I saw the 3/4 time score before they upped my ketamine drip
I woke in the early hours and saw that we had won and I shed a tear. My boys had won a game they had no right to win and I felt so proud
I have the game recorded and cannot wait until I get home to watch the replay

Well that certainly puts it all in perspective for those of us who feel the world is ending after a loss :oops:

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Will be an unpopular opinion, but I'd like to see Billings and Savage swapped (Billings HBF - Savage HFF)

I think long term billings is best where he was last year playing forward, having a ton of touches 50-80m from goal and getting plenty of shots..

But for now the wing is good for him, keeps him involved in the game and allows him to get some loose ball and use it well as he did on the weekend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL injury list still says 7 weeks - YUK!
Ugh, that, at BEST puts him back in the seniors in Round 20, against the Doggies.

Seriously, this year...

I just heard that part of the problem isn't really with the coaching - it's actually with the club dietitian. You remember all the problems that Dunstan had a few years ago with his diet. Well they got somebody in to work on all that, but the guy is now completely out of control. He'll be the next to go, I'm certain.

Hell, he told Billings that from now on, he had to strictly eat only almonds, cashews, macadamias, pecans, pistachios. Finally, Richo has stepped in and told Billings to ignore the dietitian - because that's just nuts.

I just heard that part of the problem isn't really with the coaching - it's actually with the club dietitian. You remember all the problems that Dunstan had a few years ago with his diet. Well they got somebody in to work on all that, but the guy is now completely out of control. He'll be the next to go, I'm certain.

Hell, he told Billings that from now on, he had to strictly eat only almonds, cashews, macadamias, pecans, pistachios. Finally, Richo has stepped in and told Billings to ignore the dietitian - because that's just nuts.
hqdefault.jpg

CALL ME SNAKE dat you?

513419_83ae026af0c445ce0965543f673a56ed.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back