2nds 2018 Stand Alone VFL - Inaugural season over. Time for reviews.

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasn't whining & it wasn't even an inference on the future of the 3 players... It was more a comment on the coincidence (or whatever word you want to label it) that in the week where LDU gets 5 possies at VFL level, the 2 players drafted immediately after him had arguably their best games at AFL level.
Walker, Xerri and Hayden have both had very good games prior to this, so LDU 's injury has no bearing on their game. It does have baring on his "stat's"

Disposals vs Geelong. Hibberd 29 @ 76%, Clarke 27 @ 67%, Williams 27 @ 63%, Hrovat 15 @ 80%, Xerri 15 @ 80%, Larkey 14 @ 64%, Hayden 13 @ 69%, Narrier 13 @ 38%, Durdin 12 @ 83%, Nielson 12 @ 42%, McKay 10 @ 60%, Walker 10 @ 50%, Junker 9 @ 89%, Preuss 6 @ 83%, Garner 6 @ 67%, Davies-Uniacke 5 @ 80%. Champion Data.
I absolutely get stats are misleading at the best of times however it's somewhat confusing that Nielson (who I rate) gets 12 touches at 42% accuracy and gets named best on ground for North whereas Hibberd gets 29 touches at 76% yet doesn't get a mention.

I'm a big fan of Hibberd however I get the feeling he's not in the club's long term plans. I base this purely on the fact that he continually racks up team high possessions in the VFL yet rarely, if ever gets a mention unlike perennials such as Durdin. As I said, I totally get that stats are meaningless, especially if you're torching your kicks and turning the ball over constantly, however his disposal efficiency appears to indicate that that's not the case. Would love some regular VFL watchers to enlighten me on where Mitch is at.

Best players all year have been total fiction, don't know why, perhaps because the media department wants to do a story and we pretend that certain players have played well? Perhaps they pick them out of a hat? Perhaps David Loader and cronies need seeing eye dogs?

Best players all year have been total fiction, don't know why, perhaps because the media department wants to do a story and we pretend that certain players have played well? Perhaps they pick them out of a hat? Perhaps David Loader and cronies need seeing eye dogs?
Notice on the website and app there is now an article called " VFL so far" , a quick summary of all the games so far and . . . . . . they have actually listed the best players properly! Well done!

MaddAdam will have to rely on Twitter updates on his couch.

1) Bathed and in to the onesie by 7:00
2) Jaffles at half time.
3) Perhaps a nip of sweet sherry before turning in at ...........ohhhhh...........at least 10 o'clock.

iu

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taking my little mate to the Dome for the 1st time ........ good luck to me

Onya mate, get's some picks to record the occasion.

How old is your nipper rickety?

Last edited:
1) Bathed and in to the onesie by 7:00
2) Jaffles at half time.
3) Perhaps a nip of sweet sherry before turning in at ...........ohhhhh...........at least 10 o'clock.

iu

Not even the nip of Sherry these days.

Smart work by Close, everyone knows you go home shower and get in your civvies before presenting at hospital in Horsham and say you've hurt yourself falling off your air seeder.

Rock up at Emergency in your footy gear and the triage nurse puts your name at the bottom of the list and behind every subsequent arrival of a 2 year old with the sniffles.

Smart work by Close, everyone knows you go home shower and get in your civvies before presenting at hospital in Horsham and say you've hurt yourself falling off your air seeder.

Rock up at Emergency in your footy gear and the triage nurse puts your name at the bottom of the list and behind every subsequent arrival of a 2 year old with the sniffles.

Conversely if you front up in a Geelong top do you get a complimentary hyperbaric session, NASA grade medical and sent home with a $50k government grant?

Onya mate, get's some picks to record the occasion.

How old is your nipper rickety?
3 1/2 mate, absolutely loves it, but is far from being able to sit still and watch any footy. Was asked in the shop at Arden St. last weekend who his favourite footballer was by the lovely girl behind the counter, I suggested his big mate Majak and he got himself a big massive smile before yelling out "Higgo". Mind you, he did want to know where Sammy Wright was and if Stevo was there too. Funny kid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back