Opinion Commentary & Media II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gone north

Team Captain
Jun 10, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why isn't Brodie getting a game? Would want an understanding of that before assuming we chase him based on his original draft position.

Yes our our 1st round pick could be used wisely.

The rest of the points are pulp.

What I don't get ...

1 we should go after de goey and one in this hypothetical situation- Jayden hunt

Are also mentioned in the article .....

This journalist is an idiot

Terry Wallet currently on The Front Bar looking like he’s arrived from the not too distant future with the ensemble he’s wearing.
Wow, what a collar, trying to distract the gaze from the feathers, must admit defeat in the follicular stakes and join his mate Rocket Eade in going the No 1 clippers asap.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Slow inside mids with s**t disposal is just what we need apparently:

Trade target
Dom Tyson: Tyson is finding it hard to break into Melbourne's strong midfield in 2018 – perhaps owing to lack of leg speed and at-times tardy ball use – but would provide Ben Cunnington with good support in the clinches.

Anthony Miles: Less exposed at AFL level than Tyson, so he might come cheaper and still offer great value. Churns out big numbers in the VFL, but is only a fringe player at Richmond.

Will Brodie: Gold Coast's inside midfielder was a top-10 pick in the 2016 draft, but continues to languish in the NEAFL with limited senior chances. Brodie is Victorian and fits the Roos' ideal age profile.

On the table
Daniel Nielson: Key defender who played seven games last year in his third season, but hasn't added to that tally in 2018. Is stuck behind Robbie Tarrant, Scott Thompson, Majak Daw, Sam Durdin and Ben McKay.

Braydon Preuss: Few clubs manage to play two ruckmen these days and Todd Goldstein is contracted until 2019. Wins a mountain of hit-outs at VFL level, and first-year big man Tristan Xerri is emerging as a potential future threat.

First-round draft pick: This would give the Roos the chance to add a more mature talent, or trade down to accumulate extra draft points. The idea of that is to be able to match rival clubs' bids on potential father-son and academy selections like Tarryn Thomas, Bailey Scott and Joel Crocker. - Marc McGowan

As I stated in the trades thread I’d happily give up our first for Brodie. Big bodied inside mid, honest as they come. When I asked about Bodie, Ainsworth & Scrimshaw, Pikey poured a bucket of cold water on it as they’re all contacted till 2020. Pretty sure Brodie & Simpkin are mates too

The little bloke looked excited giantroo. I hope you're putting him through an intensive video edit and upload training course in the event of your own untimely demise.

Succession planning 101.

Seriously though, great job tonight and the legend grew with Grant Hansen thinking you took the actual photos.

This article is from the June 21 issue of The Herald Sun Digital Edition. To subscribe, visit http://www.heraldsun.com.au/.

MID-SEASON REPORT CARD

ANALYSIS BY HARRISON REID

LADDER POSITION: 8TH PREDICTED FINISH: 9TH

RALPHY SAYS

It was said the Kangaroos couldn’t afford to bottom-out . Brad Scott’s side has chosen not to, relying on star turns from the older brigade, a new-look midfield, elite talls and Ben Brown’s ability as an old-fashioned spearhead to remain competitive. Critics say it masks a soft underbelly — a lack of depth and the need to add more elite kids — yet the ride has been wild. At 7-5 , the challengers for their position will come hard. But if they can stay relatively injury-free , a finals berth for a team tipped to be bottom-four might be Scott’s greatest coaching achievement.”

GOOD STAT BAD STAT

Rank fourth for average points Rank 17th for centre clearance conceded, third for contested differential and 15th for points footy and have applied the differential from centre second most pressure of any bounces. side in the competition.

TRADEWINDS

After so many SLOANE too old for the swings and misses in Roos? Against all odds recent off-seasons , they have proven they’re they have the most salary worthy of being a cap space of any club in destination club with the competition. Very finals possibly on their interested in JORDAN DE horizon. The futures of GOEY but could make a veterans SCOTT THOMPSON play for ANDREW GAFF if De and JARRAD WAITE will be Goey re-signs with considered in coming Collingwood. Is RORY weeks.

DEBUTANTS

LUKE DAVIES-UNIACKE broke into the senior team to start the season after being drafted with pick four in last year’s draft but has since been on the fringe. PAUL AHERN’s (pictured) form after finally overcoming multiple knee reconstructions has North recruiters feeling pretty good about themselves after they stole him from the Giants for pick 69, while TOM MURPHY has also found his way into the seniors twice.

B&F Smoothmoving SHAUN HIGGINS (pictured) might be on his way to a first All-Australian selection as well as back-to-back Barker Medals if he retains his electric form. BEN JACOBS’ growing list of scalps has confirmed his status as the game’s best tagger and he is valued highly internally so will be snapping at Higgins’ heels. Coleman Medal leader BEN BROWN’s 35 goals automatically inject his name into calculations, and BEN CUNNINGTON seldom plays a poor game.

Copyright © 2018 The Herald Sun

Mr. Blonde

Premiership Player
Dec 16, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
TRADEWINDS

After so many SLOANE too old for the swings and misses in Roos? Against all odds recent off-seasons , they have proven they’re they have the most salary worthy of being a cap space of any club in destination club with the competition. Very finals possibly on their interested in JORDAN DE horizon. The futures of GOEY but could make a veterans SCOTT THOMPSON play for ANDREW GAFF if De and JARRAD WAITE will be Goey re-signs with considered in coming Collingwood. Is RORY weeks.

Ahhhhh.....what?

Jan 29, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ahhhhh.....what?
upload_2018-6-21_8-2-30.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-21_8-2-2.jpeg
    upload_2018-6-21_8-2-2.jpeg
    6.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by a moderator:

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Great stuff GR! I hope you and your boy had a great time. Good seeing the little one decked in North gear too!

On to Jy...media training irritates me because it takes all the personality out of players. i hate it! But can someone please train Jy to stop saying "yeah, nah". My eye twitches every time and has done since draft night. Now I'm no english wizz (I'm borderline mute) but if i hear it again I'm adding 'hooked on phonics' to the next Kangatech software update.

"Yeah, nah"

giphy (15).gif

Cool Kangas

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 2, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This article is from the June 21 issue of The Herald Sun Digital Edition. To subscribe, visit http://www.heraldsun.com.au/.

MID-SEASON REPORT CARD

ANALYSIS BY HARRISON REID

LADDER POSITION: 8TH PREDICTED FINISH: 9TH

RALPHY SAYS

It was said the Kangaroos couldn’t afford to bottom-out . Brad Scott’s side has chosen not to, relying on star turns from the older brigade, a new-look midfield, elite talls and Ben Brown’s ability as an old-fashioned spearhead to remain competitive. Critics say it masks a soft underbelly — a lack of depth and the need to add more elite kids — yet the ride has been wild. At 7-5 , the challengers for their position will come hard. But if they can stay relatively injury-free , a finals berth for a team tipped to be bottom-four might be Scott’s greatest coaching achievement.”

GOOD STAT BAD STAT

Rank fourth for average points Rank 17th for centre clearance conceded, third for contested differential and 15th for points footy and have applied the differential from centre second most pressure of any bounces. side in the competition.

TRADEWINDS

DEBUTANTS

LUKE DAVIES-UNIACKE broke into the senior team to start the season after being drafted with pick four in last year’s draft but has since been on the fringe. PAUL AHERN’s (pictured) form after finally overcoming multiple knee reconstructions has North recruiters feeling pretty good about themselves after they stole him from the Giants for pick 69, while TOM MURPHY has also found his way into the seniors twice.

B&F Smoothmoving SHAUN HIGGINS (pictured) might be on his way to a first All-Australian selection as well as back-to-back Barker Medals if he retains his electric form. BEN JACOBS’ growing list of scalps has confirmed his status as the game’s best tagger and he is valued highly internally so will be snapping at Higgins’ heels. Coleman Medal leader BEN BROWN’s 35 goals automatically inject his name into calculations, and BEN CUNNINGTON seldom plays a poor game.

Copyright © 2018 The Herald Sun

Can someone interpret the “Tradewinds” paragraph?? Wow

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
TRADEWINDS

B82213F5-4814-4F37-9B38-7973CD70A190.jpeg

JORDAN DE horizon would be handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back