Prediction Changes V Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

I think most people on this thread have got a pretty good handle on things.We cant afford to change our style.The only change we MUST implement is lowering the eyes.If we continually bomb the ball this mob are capable of carving us up on the rebound.Woosh will be rubbing his hands together thinking we have lost our marking power up front; he will aim to carve us up with run from defence and picking us apart with short passing.

Brander is good but this is a must win game and Hooker will take him to the cleaners.
I am very disappointed that Petch is not in he adds so much pace to the forward mix.
Petch is definitely a talent but he's not finding any ball at wafl level (10 touches last weekend) and when he does get it he usually butchers the heck out of it.

Last edited:

Brander is good but this is a must win game and Hooker will take him to the cleaners.

Petch is definitely a talent but he's not finding any ball at wafl level (5 touches last weekend) and when he does get it he usually butchers the heck out of it.
10 disposals 6 marks.

With Lecca as leader, need Cripps, Rioli, Waterman, McInnes and Ryan to contribute more evenly
than recent efforts ... the team will be fired up on home deck, not to slip another game.
I wonder how the 3 W.A umpires, free kick count and 'noise of affirmation' thing will pan out?
No more injuries!!!

With Lecca as leader, need Cripps, Rioli, Waterman, McInnes and Ryan to contribute more evenly
than recent efforts ... the team will be fired up on home deck, not to slip another game.
I wonder how the 3 W.A umpires, free kick count and 'noise of affirmation' thing will pan out?
No more injuries!!!
Need more goals out of the midfield players. Can remember a time when our goals came from 13 different players on the day - now that's what we need from our players tonight!

Come on mate you cant compare Brander with Venables and Petro. One is a chf being asked to play on one of two AA defenders in Hurley or Hooker. With 1 poor game experience with no Kennedy or Darling. The others are bench rotation flankers.

For sure McInnes will allow Lycett and Nic to play more time forward.

He can also lead his arse off and drag a defender away from orhers. If he kicks a goal or two and crashes the packs he's done his job.

We know you have adopted 'your boy Brander' and anointed him as the second coming of Kennedy but farhers need take a deep breath and not throw their boys to the wolves before they are ready.

You , like a few other on here ,seem to have a lot of faith in McInnes .

Sorry but his 6 goals in 12 games hardly inspires any confidence in me that he will make an impact tonight as a forward.
I do genuinely hope he has a break out game tonight and kicks 2 or 3.

Why would Essendon bother playing either Hurley of Hooker on McInnes when they will get away with playing a third tall on him because McInnes is very poor overhead, so he won’t be dragging either of the two H’s away up the ground they will stay back and pick up the intercepted marks that come in.

Mids need to deliver quickly and with flat low passes to the Frenchman and Snake and Willie and Ryan need to control the spilt ball in our forward line.

Now station Lycett at FF and that’s a very different proposition.

If McInnes has not been bought in mainly to give a chop out in the ruck and more so as a KPF then his history and track record suggests that’s a big task.

I think either The Sneezer or Vardy would have presented a better marking option in the forward line than McInnes.

As I have said in previous posts the rucks and mids will be required to have a significant contribution to the scoreboard tonight if we are to get the points.

I have watched several games of EP live and let me say that McInnes tries hard and manfully in the ruck but his forward play is nothing special. For a guy his height and weight he is pretty average in the WAFL as a KPF.

Will be thrilled to be proven wrong and McInnes announce himself tonight.

If we drop the game tonight it will undo some of the great work done previously pre the bye.

I would love to see Gov play forward for a half if possible

I think he could easily snag 6-7 marks inside 50

Play Elliot yeo as key back ....move Gov to the forward line

I would love to see Gov play forward for a half if possible

I think he could easily snag 6-7 marks inside 50

Play Elliot yeo as key back ....move Gov to the forward line

For a couple of short stints, of say 10 minutes or so, yes, I think that could be on.

All the best to McInnes. Would love to see him kick a bag, he has been so patient for so long he deserves a break.
not expecting big things from Fraser, just to play his role, a link in the forward chain..
If he does break out and snag a few, even better..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think we've got a defender too many, wouldn't be surprised to see a late change. Otherwise I guess Nelson plays up the ground again.

McInnes as a forward option doesn't fill me with great confidence, would rather have seen Brander get a second game, even if he's raw the experience would do him good. With the named lineup, would rather McInnes chopped out Nic and Lycett played as the main forward target. I guess we've got the flexibility to throw that around a bit.

Sheed probably needed to be dropped, no complaints there.

Not expecting Fmac to kick anymore than a goal or two at most based on his previous games, but good luck to him. I'd expect most of the goals to come from the smalls with Waterman chipping in with a few.

Think we've got a defender too many, wouldn't be surprised to see a late change. Otherwise I guess Nelson plays up the ground again.

McInnes as a forward option doesn't fill me with great confidence, would rather have seen Brander get a second game, even if he's raw the experience would do him good. With the named lineup, would rather McInnes chopped out Nic and Lycett played as the main forward target. I guess we've got the flexibility to throw that around a bit.

Ah Chee as a late in for nelson would be wicked

I wouldn't read into McInnes starting at FF. I think you'll find he's the chop-out for Lycett and Nic Nat. The instruction for McInnes will be "decoy, drag your defender out of space and bring the ball to ground".

If JK played, Brander would have stayed in I'm guessing. Have a senior guy to play under. A Brander/waterman pairing is too green. Fraser at least provides a senior body and one less tall makes us faster in the wet.

Totally agree. Brander is just unlucky that JK is out.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We say that we shouldn’t have to change our style, but we kind of have to until JK/JD gets back.

We’ve been one of the few teams this year that kick long inside 50 because we know we have the advantage. But now that we don’t, I’m concerned that the mids won’t adjust their style and lower their eyes. Their lack of chemistry with our small forwards was also a concern vs Sydney.

I hope last week was just an off week against an elite defence, but I’m a bit uneasy heading into tonight’s game.

I've come full circle on the changes. McInnes is clearly the right move for our team structurally and it's not such a backward move to play a depth player when you could play a kid. This will be a great look at how we can maximise the number of opportunities we create for Ryan, LeCras, Rioli etc.

not expecting big things from Fraser, just to play his role, a link in the forward chain..
If he does break out and snag a few, even better..
Remember

When Giles played that brilliant final v Adelaide in Adelaide

He played his one career blinder ......let’s hope Fraser plays his one career blinder this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back