QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

The Roosters coach is a young fella I think his name is Luke Galah. You would have to think he was in it for the long haul, the job was never going to be a quick fix.

Wynnum has a great coach in Sloaney with a proven record they have also beaten every team bar Kedron can’t see why not every team in the top 4 are in with a great chance, comes down to list management, injuries and who turns up on the day switched on
That's exactly what I have said.
Any one of the four can win.
It's a while to go and having a full list will go a long way to helping the cause.
Everyone will have had a good look at each other and I'm sure the coaches know who to shut down.
Having said that it's always been my philosophy that I don't care if the opposition knows my game plan.
You just need to do it better then they can defend it.

Looking through the fixture for this week and here are my tips.
Kedron too strong and beat hinterland by 80.
Carrara great at home and beat Redcliffe by 40.
Wynnum to beat pine rivers by 50.
Ipswich to annihilate marooka at home by 180.
Anyone think any differently?

Looking through the fixture for this week and here are my tips.
Kedron too strong and beat hinterland by 80.
Carrara great at home and beat Redcliffe by 40.
Wynnum to beat pine rivers by 50.
Ipswich to annihilate marooka at home by 180.
Anyone think any differently?
Who is this guy? Eagles win by 180 wake up and smell the roses son, my spies tell me there are cracks starting to appear internally at the Eagles and few will be moved on and a former Roosters coach waiting in the wings to take over just what I’ve heard. My beloved roosters will shock a few this week with my great buddy muzza b.o.g and for Carrara to win by 40 what drugs are you on? Redcliffe will run over them again

Who is this guy? Eagles win by 180 wake up and smell the roses son, my spies tell me there are cracks starting to appear internally at the Eagles and few will be moved on and a former Roosters coach waiting in the wings to take over just what I’ve heard. My beloved roosters will shock a few this week with my great buddy muzza b.o.g and for Carrara to win by 40 what drugs are you on? Redcliffe will run over them again

Give it a rest mate, no one believes you are from Moorooka.

Good to see you're still around bud

Ha ha Lucky your a joke!!!! The only cracks that are appearing at Limestone Park are in the cricket pitch in the middle of our ground unfortunately for our midfielders and since you quite often talk about my position being in jeopardy I can tell you now I still currently have 2019 on top of this year to to complete in my current contract then who knows I could move on but until then I’m definitely part of the furniture at the Nest.

And for this weeks game against Moorooka we are hoping it’s going to be a tough game

Ha ha Lucky your a joke!!!! The only cracks that are appearing at Limestone Park are in the cricket pitch in the middle of our ground unfortunately for our midfielders and since you quite often talk about my position being in jeopardy I can tell you now I still currently have 2019 on top of this year to to complete in my current contract then who knows I could move on but until then I’m definitely part of the furniture at the Nest.

And for this weeks game against Moorooka we are hoping it’s going to be a tough game
But mate he has spy's.
You better watch your back.
Find it hard to believe there are cracks when both ressies and seniors have a chance of getting to the big dance.

I sure hope your not referring to me mate because I certainly won’t be taking over from Kym, I’ve decided to dedicate my life now cocain and strippers and there just isn’t anymore time for coaching ;)

In all seriousness though since leaving Moorooka I’ve put my hand up to travel for work so my role is just help Kym and fatty out on game days if they need me and if not I enjoy sitting back watching my mates have a kick, even better when one of them who would’ve been at Moorooka this year is winning the goal kicking with more by himself than the Chooks have kicked this season in seniors haha

Last edited:
Lucky duck are you there mate? Just wanted a report on the eagles chooks game from yesterday please

Lucky duck are you there mate? Just wanted a report on the eagles chooks game from yesterday please

I think he’s still out celebrating because it was only 141points and not the 180 you tipped! If only that full forward didn’t spray about 6 shots it would’ve been close to 180 in the end

To be fair you may have got your tips right but you didn't get the exact scores.
I would hope for a more precise set of tips for next week.
Also could you slot me the eight game multi for the AFL next round.
I'm a bit short this week so margins would help me greatly.
Thanks in advance if you get me up.

To be fair you may have got your tips right but you didn't get the exact scores.
I would hope for a more precise set of tips for next week.
Also could you slot me the eight game multi for the AFL next round.
I'm a bit short this week so margins would help me greatly.
Thanks in advance if you get me up.

Haha I did my best. Catch any games on the weekend?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha I did my best. Catch any games on the weekend?
Yes mate I umpire the ressies for kedron every week then watch or run water for the ones.
I'll give you a tip.
Whoever wins this comp will need to recruit very well or it could be a long year in 2019.
No disrespect to anyone but it is what it is.

Yes mate I umpire the ressies for kedron every week then watch or run water for the ones.
I'll give you a tip.
Whoever wins this comp will need to recruit very well or it could be a long year in 2019.

Yeah I agree. From my observations of the 3 comps so far, there seems to be a massive difference between the top and bottom sides in the competition. It'd be nice if the team that wins this year could keep their team pretty well in tact without blokes jumping ship, and whilst recruiting a few extras to give it a proper crack.

I'll give you a tip.

Is the same in all comps i recon outa.

Is the same in all comps i recon outa.
Your right and nothing against the promotion system but teams coming from div three will be the hardest hit.
I'd hate to see the club going from success to failure inside twelve months.
Just imagine winning a flag and then the spoon.
That s**t just rips the heart out of a club.
If the club that wins doesn't hold thier list and improve it with a minimum of 7 quality A grade recruits they will struggle big time.
Some will disagree but from what I've seen I just can't see any other result.
It doesn't help your income as a club it actually hurts it.
So you get hit on both fronts.
Money sadly will be the only way to success for the club that goes up.
Then that brings a whole lot of other issues especially for the lads who played for nothing to get them there.
Anyone else see it differently.

We have a ridiculous culture in AFL footy where by its an expectation that blokes get paid to play 2nd rate footy (let alone 3rd rate footy) at times. It is unique to our code in many respects and a knock on from Vic footy where 5000 people will attend a 3rd rate game AND pay $10 to do it. That's fine but it is the same as expecting an A-League club to pay the same $$ as a EPL team to the same player.
If you can create an environment that encourages / assists players to stay then it could be possible to retain that playing list plus grab a few others. It also depends on how much better you were in the lower tier vs the rest. Would argue that a good colts program would really help.

We have a ridiculous culture in AFL footy where by its an expectation that blokes get paid to play 2nd rate footy (let alone 3rd rate footy) at times. It is unique to our code in many respects and a knock on from Vic footy where 5000 people will attend a 3rd rate game AND pay $10 to do it. That's fine but it is the same as expecting an A-League club to pay the same $$ as a EPL team to the same player.
If you can create an environment that encourages / assists players to stay then it could be possible to retain that playing list plus grab a few others. It also depends on how much better you were in the lower tier vs the rest. Would argue that a good colts program would really help.

Yep that attitude is rife in lower level footy in QLD. Rushing things and not developing players from within is creating a yo yo effect.

So many blokes playing Div 2 and 3 footy getting paid more than 70% of QAFL players.

Beenleigh appear to be going about it the right way and good luck to them

Whoever wins Div 2 and Div 3 will get smashed the following year if they maintain the same list, the gap is getting quite big.

Yep that attitude is rife in lower level footy in QLD. Rushing things and not developing players from within is creating a yo yo effect.

So many blokes playing Div 2 and 3 footy getting paid more than 70% of QAFL players.

Beenleigh appear to be going about it the right way and good luck to them

Whoever wins Div 2 and Div 3 will get smashed the following year if they maintain the same list, the gap is getting quite big.
I agree with the developing from within.
However some big clubs love to get into the ear of players and parents and inform them that they won't go anywhere if there not playing at thier club.
All bullshit but they do it anyway and then don't put them in the divison they promised.
It's absolutely discraceful and aflq let it happen.
For those who think this doesn't happen I know personally two clubs on the Northside that do it.
That makes it very hard for clubs to develop players after a certain age.
I'm sure you know what I'm talking about fan.

certainly happens in the East and the North.

I think we're pretty clean in his regard personally. the really good ones naturally shift early, but otherwise you should stay put unless its impacting your development.

If you're 15 and any good, its not the club - its the coach you need to be happy with generally.

I agree with the developing from within.
However some big clubs love to get into the ear of players and parents and inform them that they won't go anywhere if there not playing at thier club.
All bullshit but they do it anyway and then don't put them in the divison they promised.
It's absolutely discraceful and aflq let it happen.
For those who think this doesn't happen I know personally two clubs on the Northside that do it.
That makes it very hard for clubs to develop players after a certain age.
I'm sure you know what I'm talking about fan.

been a major bug bear for a long time the whole movement of junior footballers and reasons for moving. Invariably parents and kids perceiving a greater opportunity but you are right, total rubbish. if you are any good and have a good coach (like Thommo said) then you will be fine.

been a major bug bear for a long time the whole movement of junior footballers and reasons for moving. Invariably parents and kids perceiving a greater opportunity but you are right, total rubbish. if you are any good and have a good coach (like Thommo said) then you will be fine.
I have said for years clubs should be restricted to only two teams in the age groups of 12 14 16.
This would stop clubs from having three teams and thier surrounding clubs struggling to get a side.
Pretty simple really.
When will people learn that you need other clubs to play against.
The narrow minded thinking of clubs and the powers to be never ceases to amaze me.
But anyway not this threads problem.
I think if kedron can get over Redcliffe this week the top four is set.
The only game that could be close this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back