Preview Changes and Preview vs. Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Took 5 contested marks in the first quarter against Rance last week. Powerful lad with real good hands. We expose our defence like QB they're forwards will go big.

Any forward will expose our defence if we get flogged in the middle again. I’m not worried about Dixon, has been average this year. If he kicks a bag it’ll be because the likes of Ryder/Wines/Gray/SPP have torn us up.

Checked the odds today and it looks like Port are fairly heavy favourites. Makes me feel more comfortable when other people expect us to lose.

Port is a proven down hill skier - if I were a Melbourne supporter I'd be pretty comfortable with all the expectations sitting on Ports shoulders...

Melbourne is a proven down hill skier - if I were a Port supporter I'd be pretty comfortable with all the expectations sitting on Melbourne's shoulders...

It works both ways!

67% at the Age have tipped the Dees! Who knows really but the weather is good, will be crisp but I expect an excellent game of footy.

Reckon we match up well against each other, and I think both teams suffer from similar flaws. Should make for an entertaining game to say the least.

We've been conditioned to feel this way.

We are the same actually, depends on what 'Port' turns up... ken looked animated i
Reckon we match up well against each other, and I think both teams suffer from similar flaws. Should make for an entertaining game to say the least.

I was just stuffing around on the AFL Stats website, super similar on most areas. We are ahead in the 1%-ers you're better in goals scored, amount of inside 50's and conversion. Missing easy goals has become a decent issue for us, that will be something we can't afford to do against quality opposition.

On paper very similar teams in most stats = cracking game. I wouldn't be surprised if you get on top early tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the biggest game of the year so far for mine...you've got really good inside mids but if you can get a few more receivers taking the ball away from the stoppages you'll get over the top of em I reckon.
Hope you beat em.

so Watts isnt getting a game and port making 1 change according to Hinkley and AFL app. Jack Hombsch making way for Tom Jonas

Pick a 3rd tall and stick with them. Smith gets dropped for being s**t against the Dogs, takes two weeks away from footy, and comes back in?

looks like we've put all our eggs in the contested ball basket. we must be expecting a scrappy game, but if that backfires we'll probably be looking at another hiding as we look too slow on the outside yet again. at least we're not playing on the wide expanses of the MCG though, where we can really get exposed for lack of pace.

Nicholls only gets a gig because he's probably the best bouncer. off the top of my head i know

Razor Ray
Nicholls
Brett Roseberry #FreekickMelbourne
Terry Walace's son
Elane hard to spell last name
Chelsea the goal umpire
Rodan the goal umpire with dance moves
Leigh 'shouldn't umpire saints games' Fisher
Matt Stevic #Freekickhawthorn
Whatever flogs umpired Queensbirthday tattooed on my knuckles.

Past restrospective
Brutally Honest Record Holder Goldspink
Carey the legendary mark taker
Former Demons rookie Andre Gianfagna is a senior umpire now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back