Fan Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi all,

Lions members and fans are invited to attend a fan forum on Monday, July 9, from 6pm at the Hyundai Centre.

General Manager of Football David Noble will be the main speaker and will present on a range of topics, as well as answering any questions you may have.

Staff members from other departments in the Club will also be in attendance to present and answer questions.

The night will be a great opportunity to hear exclusive insights into the operations and long-term plans of the Club.

RSVP here: https://brislions.com/2018FanForum

As numbers are capped, please only RSVP if you can definitely make the night. If capacity is reached, preference will be given to 2018 Lions members to attend.

It is expected the forum will go for 60-90 minutes. More details will be provided for attendees closer to the date.

Food and refreshments will be provided.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,

Thanks LI, just like to say to anyone tossing up whether to go or not that I would highly recommend attending, I went to one last year re Springfield and it was very informative and contained information that I hadn't heard before, and as a bonus I got to meet Skoob.

Hopefully you get good numbers turning up, wasn't that many at the Springfield fan forum.

Thanks LI, just like to say to anyone tossing up whether to go or not that I would highly recommend attending, I went to one last year re Springfield and it was very informative and contained information that I hadn't heard before, and as a bonus I got to meet Skoob.

Hopefully you get good numbers turning up, wasn't that many at the Springfield fan forum.

Thanks Jason for the positive feedback on last year's one!

My kids ended up staying at their Grandparents at the last minute and i opted to go out for dinner with the mrs instead. I would appreciate any info as well.

Lions_Insider brilliant initiative. Very informative and something I would highly recommend fans attend.

A few bits of info:

Tom Fullarton is playing NEAFL this week and sounds very excited about his future. He thinks he’d make a good defender but is likely going to be played forward this weekend.

Harris is progressing really well. They won't take any risks but there's a very high chance he will play again this year.

Beams rumor was complete rubbish. Was very firm on that and am pretty convinced he won't be going.

Plenty of graphs and data on how we've improved and where we sit compared to Richmond. Jivlain would have been proud!

Ballenden was very close to a debut and likely would have until the fracture. He along with Hinge and Starc are very likely to debut at some time this year. Has been very impressed with Cox' last month of football. Next in line for a promotion by the sound of things.

Springfield is sounding quite positive. 15 mill by the state and will get the rest off the feds but they operate at snail pace. Will be pretty incredible facilities.

Overall though, and I'm sure everybody who attended will agree the club is in such a positive position compared to previous years. It is very much the players' club and they all have ownership. The standards off the field is all driven by the players and they are flourishing with the opportunity.

I'm sure there is more, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask and I'll answer if I can.

Lions_Insider brilliant initiative. Very informative and something I would highly recommend fans attend.

A few bits of info:

Tom Fullarton is playing NEAFL this week and sounds very excited about his future. He thinks he’d make a good defender but is likely going to be played forward this weekend.

Harris is progressing really well. They won't take any risks but there's a very high chance he will play again this year.

Beams rumor was complete rubbish. Was very firm on that and am pretty convinced he won't be going.

Plenty of graphs and data on how we've improved and where we sit compared to Richmond. Jivlain would have been proud!

Ballenden was very close to a debut and likely would have until the fracture. He along with Hinge and Starc are very likely to debut at some time this year. Has been very impressed with Cox' last month of football. Next in line for a promotion by the sound of things.

Springfield is sounding quite positive. 15 mill by the state and will get the rest off the feds but they operate at snail pace. Will be pretty incredible facilities.

Overall though, and I'm sure everybody who attended will agree the club is in such a positive position compared to previous years. It is very much the players' club and they all have ownership. The standards off the field is all driven by the players and they are flourishing with the opportunity.

I'm sure there is more, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask and I'll answer if I can.
Thanks for the feedback. Any indication on what year the Women will be playing at Springfield ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the feedback. Any indication on what year the Women will be playing at Springfield ?

2020 is the goal. Comes down to the feds. Could start as soon as December.

A few bits of info:

Thanks Nunez greatly appreciated :thumbsu:

Was it mostly Noble who presented or did Swann and Fagan also present?

Any talk about the upcoming draft / trade period...understandable if you need to take such talk to another board.;)

Thanks Nunez greatly appreciated :thumbsu:

Was it mostly Noble who presented or did Swann and Fagan also present?

Any talk about the upcoming draft / trade period...understandable if you need to take such talk to another board.;)

Swann actually had an event on tonight but made the effort to open the night and spent around 20 minutes with us. Noble was the main speaker and he spent a lot of time (went well over the planned hour and a half) to discuss a heap of things in depth. Very generous with his time and you could just feel his passion for the club.

The media team were all great and you can really see why the media department has improved so much - the people running the show are very passionate and hard working.

Did they seem confident on funding or non-committal?

Sounded like a formality at this stage. Reckon we can just about lock it in.

A few bits of info:

Thanks for taking the time Nunez to write that up. Awesome overview.

Thanks for taking the time Nunez to write that up. Awesome overview.

No problem. Really the only negative of the night is more people didn't attend. Would highly recommend people attend things like this if/when possible. Even if it is out of the way. The club gave us some great access.

Nunez covered the main points. Agreed an excellent evening. A few more snippets:

- Oscar about to sign contract extension

- many players (of various ages) across the competition are enquiring regarding possibility of coming to us, liking the direction we're going. On the way to becoming a destination club.

- AFL has confirmed live trading will be brought into this year's draft

- looking at scenarios of how yo maximise our draft position, whether to trade a player to upgrade our picks, or trading a high pick for lower picks. Does not want to trade away future picks, as feels you can never get back to where you want, always behind from then on.

- analysis of club progress and player performance is completely objective and without emotion.

Tremendous write ups Nunez and BigCat2 , I'd put my name down to go but I had my 11 year old grand son come for a sleepover at the last minute so had to pull out. Family comes first, we had a good time watching the gaming movie Ready Player One, I'm by no means a gamer but it wasn't too bad.

- many players (of various ages) across the competition are enquiring regarding possibility of coming to us, liking the direction we're going. On the way to becoming a destination club.
Ohhh now this sounds really interesting. Sounds like there's some belief among the other teams that we're gonna be shooting up the ladder if they're asking already...

I also got the impression that Oscar Mac has awed the football department in how he's developed this season. Very impressed with what he offers in terms of pressure and how hard he works when he doesn't have the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back