F1 Championship 2018 - Round 8 - France

Remove this Banner Ad

ah ****...why pit him, guess the weather isn't coming
that pitstop by RBR on Dan is a joke. Surely Dans supersofts can hold out as long as (if not longer) than Kimis ultrasofts. Dan could have stayed out for another 10 laps then finished on ultras, instead of softs.

RBR have dropped the ball big time. Fair enough cover Vettel off with Max, but the Dan pitstop is a nothing strategy.

that pitstop by RBR on Dan is a joke. Surely Dans supersofts can hold out as long as (if not longer) than Kimis ultrasofts. Dan could have stayed out for another 10 laps then finished on ultras, instead of softs.

RBR have dropped the ball big time. Fair enough cover Vettel off with Max, but the Dan pitstop is a nothing strategy.

Sounds like it was a good move. Knew Kimi would go supers, chance of catching them, so got Dan out again to open the gap now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like it was a good move. Knew Kimi would go supers, chance of catching them, so got Dan out again to open the gap now.
dont see how its a good move. Kimi has been on the quicker tyre all race, and is now closing the gap to Ricciardo who is on a harder compound. RBR have cost Dan a podium here i reckon. Dan is dropping off the pace of Max cos he knows hes been screwed.

Seems like more of a racing incident to me. Vettel locked up very briefly and Bottas cut across the front to make the apex.

Yes it ruined Bottas' race but I'm not sure that there was a decision made that requires penalising.

Or maybe me not watching much over the last couple of years means im out of touch with what gets penalties

Bottas was well clear of the apex. There was plenty of room. If Bottas indeed cut it tight at the apex I can see the argument as to whether it was merely a 'racing incident'.

dont see how its a good move. Kimi has been on the quicker tyre all race, and is now closing the gap to Ricciardo who is on a harder compound. RBR have cost Dan a podium here i reckon. Dan is dropping off the pace of Max cos he knows hes been screwed.

Nothing really wrong with the move now that the rain hasn't come, that was my main anger. Something is wrong with him now, not anything to do with strategy

The most interesting part was the start not many highlights for me
Yeh its a worry when a race where overtaking happened is still boring for large patches.

I also see that we have 3 weeks of F1 in a row with Austria this weekend and Silverstone the week after.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back