2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Started it this week. It's good but I don't love it yet or anything. The lack of en epic overworld theme is a real debbie downer for me

I get that they want us to appreciate the ambient wildlife noises, but this is Zelda brah

The map is pretty overwhelmingly big too, well almost

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
That's the only thing which bring the game down form being the best of the generation.

Exploring the environments is fun but the shrines are starting to grate on me. Spending hours trying to angle a metal door onto platforms and some of the other motion control stuff is getting right on my nerves

Plus the almost identical interior decor of each shrine colour wise - yeah not gonna get best of the gen from me. I much preferred the less in number but much more distinct dungeon setup.

Last edited:

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Figures why the music lost it's magic here, it wasnt composed by the GOAT Koji Kondo

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
For me this should be called Menu Select - The Game. Second only to Witcher 3 in how much time is spent managing bloody menu screens.

I'm done with this game, whatever it is

This guy sums up my opinion of the game but leaves out the tedious menu micromanagement garbage

https://tay.kinja.com/i-absolutely-hated-breath-of-the-wild-and-i-have-a-com-1793354889

It was like the bastard child of Witcher 3 and HZD

Dont get me started on all the stupid ******* made up names for the people and shrines. I don't think a Zelda game was ever this bad with the naming conventions before. I could write the word Pooju and I bet that's an NPCs name somewhere. Half the shrine names felt like thinly veiled racism.

And why do a handful of people talk like humans with speech but the majority still make variations on orgasmic sounds for speech? Does Shigeru still think that's cute?

I could go on and on all day about things that s**t me with this game. Its a Zelda game in lip service only which is the most tragic thing of all

Here's an even better summation of the experience

https://www.destructoid.com/breaking-down-why-breath-of-the-wild-is-highly-overrated-452329.phtml

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
^ I'm a bit torn on that to be honest, there is a compelling story in Breath of the Wild, it's just not handed to you on a platter constantly as you play, instead it appears as you solve often complex puzzles, and it's a really immersive experience.

After spending a lot of time with it I still think it's my favourite game.

What it lacks is more characters, it would benefit from that, maybe friends who can tag a long. A fishing rod, more unique level areas....

It could be improved upon, no doubt.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Exploring the environments is fun but the shrines are starting to grate on me. Spending hours trying to angle a metal door onto platforms and some of the other motion control stuff is getting right on my nerves

Plus the almost identical interior decor of each shrine colour wise - yeah not gonna get best of the gen from me. I much preferred the less in number but much more distinct dungeon setup.
How about the shrines that require motion controls? Turns something that should be a simple couple of seconds into a 5 minute cluster*.

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
For me this should be called Menu Select - The Game. Second only to Witcher 3 in how much time is spent managing bloody menu screens.

I'm done with this game, whatever it is

This guy sums up my opinion of the game but leaves out the tedious menu micromanagement garbage

https://tay.kinja.com/i-absolutely-hated-breath-of-the-wild-and-i-have-a-com-1793354889

It was like the bastard child of Witcher 3 and HZD

Dont get me started on all the stupid ******* made up names for the people and shrines. I don't think a Zelda game was ever this bad with the naming conventions before. I could write the word Pooju and I bet that's an NPCs name somewhere. Half the shrine names felt like thinly veiled racism.

And why do a handful of people talk like humans with speech but the majority still make variations on orgasmic sounds for speech? Does Shigeru still think that's cute?

I could go on and on all day about things that s**t me with this game. Its a Zelda game in lip service only which is the most tragic thing of all

Here's an even better summation of the experience

https://www.destructoid.com/breaking-down-why-breath-of-the-wild-is-highly-overrated-452329.phtml
Have the whole game fully voice acted would probably be too expensive.

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
I thought they were fairly easy and made for a different challenge rather than the same puzzle in different configurations
The motion control puzzles themselves are easy it's getting the controls to do what you want them to do a pain.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
I love the game because it's taken me ages to get through it. If you are just playing it in 30-minute spurts, it can take 1-2 years to finish.
As you improve the more you realise how brilliant the game is.

it also has a heap of replay value in that it's a world you can escape to at any time even when you complete the missions and enjoy.

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Really love the game, I love the focus on exploration rather on dungeons compared to past Zelda games. The world is easy on the eye and it's fun slowly recovering all the pieces of the map. I love hunting for meat and cooking food in this game.

Don't really like the weapon durability system, I prefer to use weapons without the stress of them breaking and I think the extra statergy it adds isn't worth it. The music also isn't that grand compared to past games and it's hard to care about the story.

The story would have been more compelling if you started the game 100 years ago before everything turned to similar to Ocarina of Time, and interacted with the champions and saw how calamity ganon affected everyone as opposed to learning everything through flash backs.

It would also be nice if they give Link a personality for once, the quiet Mary Sue is starting to get old.

Last edited:

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Really love the game, I love the focus on exploration rather on du gowns compared to past Zelda games. The world is easy on the eye and it's fun slowly recovering all the pieces of the map. I love hunting for meat and cooking food in this game.

Don't really like the weapon durability system, I prefer to use weapons without the stress of them breaking and I think the extra statergy it adds isn't worth it. The music also isn't that grand compared to past games and it's hard to care about the story.

The story would have been more compelling if you started the game 100 years ago before everything turned to similar to Ocarina of Time, and interacted with the champions and saw how calamity ganon affected everyone as opposed to learning everything through flash backs.

It would also be nice if they give Link a personality for once, the quiet Mary Sue is starting to get old.

I would love to see a remake of Ocarina of Time. Aside from modernizing the graphics and sound, they should make Hyrule Field a bit bigger (it's small by today's standards) and make Hyrule Field more dynamic by adding a hunting element or something like that.

Aug 20, 2010
The Netherrealm
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Bayern, Chelsea FC, Raiders
I would love to see a remake of Ocarina of Time. Aside from modernizing the graphics and sound, they should make Hyrule Field a bit bigger (it's small by today's standards) and make Hyrule Field more dynamic by adding a hunting element or something like that.
Would need to be way bigger! An Ocarina of Time remake would be amazing

It's funny how at the time, it felt huge!

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
I like that ide but I think it would work better for Twilight Princess.

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Twilight princess was basically OoT remake.

Felt very similar, personally rather they focus on new Zelda games.

3DS remakes probably all we'll get from it.

I wouldn't be so sure. Have you seen this youtube channel? The guy has digitally remastered nearly every area of the game using the Unreal Engine 4. He's been working on it/uploading these videos for years.

I'm hoping that when he's finished, it will somehow be officially published by Nintendo and made available for the public.

Last edited:
that write-up from "kinja.com" is garbage, the man says he couldn't get past the start of Wind Waker but doesn't say why, complains that Breath of the Wild isn't a conventional Zelda then sums it up with "I don’t really know what else to say" :| then he promotes his Twitch stream at the end, wtf?

Mar 13, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
that write-up from "kinja.com" is garbage, the man says he couldn't get past the start of Wind Waker but doesn't say why, complains that Breath of the Wild isn't a conventional Zelda then sums it up with "I don’t really know what else to say" :| then he promotes his Twitch stream at the end, wtf?

doesn't make any sense does it.

The motion control puzzles themselves are easy it's getting the controls to do what you want them to do a pain.

I found using the pro controller netted much better accuracy.

Back