2018 Club Membership (2018 AFL Audit numbers now in OP]

Remove this Banner Ad

There is nothing stopping non Melbourne members shelling out for a Premium membership. I live in Adelaide and get to maybe a dozen games a year tops and when I lived OS I still had a full membership. I always make my tickets available to friends or others if I’m unable to attend

interstate memberships help with access to games/events in those states, and international give afl streaming access

they are no longer token give away memberships, but are engineered to maximize opportunity to engage with the club remotely. you want these people buying these type of membership, not a h11 they wont use (remember h11 is a ga membership)

fwiw when i lived in nsw i maintained by coterie membership, but that was because its a thing i do with my old man

Richmond club allocation very similar to ours, with priority given to those who spend the most. Obvious difference is the number of members means very different prospects of getting a tkt. Given the biggest and smallest club have the same approach I wonder if all clubs are and it's just a case of the fairest way.
How many AFL finals (not GF) have ever sold out during the member allocation?

How many AFL finals (not GF) have ever sold out during the member allocation?
:straining:I'm probably the wrong person to ask. Never had a problem and been to them all. They way it's done is a bit wierd though. Last years QF did sell out for Crows members talking to freinds. Then there were suddenly tkts available when the public sale started.
Partly probably unused tks from our visitors allocation but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
but is I a fair ballot? or just one entry regardless of membership level?
depends what you mean by fair
After the guaranteed GF tickets they do first round ballots for the top ballot tier members, then if there are tickets left they move down to the next tier etc

most big clubs do it that way, there is usually a combination of cost and length of membership involved in the tiers meaning the longer you give more money to the club the better your chances

but its take what you get for the seat and be prepared to pay the most or least for the ticket before you know where you are sitting

Richmond 96,827
Adelaide 82,669 31st of May
Hawthorn 77,607 5th of May
Essendon 75,699
Port 61,022
Sydney 60,201
Geelong 58,311
Fremantle 55,121 8th of June
Carlton 53,501
Melbourne 43,813
Footscary 43,300
St Kilda 43,211
North 40,343
Brisbane 24,494
GWS 22,340
Gold Coast 11,361

Collingwood
West Coast

Richmond 96,827
Adelaide 82,669 31st of May
Hawthorn 77,607 5th of May
Essendon 75,699
Port 61,022
Sydney 60,201
Geelong 58,311
Fremantle 55,121 8th of June
Carlton 53,501
Melbourne 43,813
Footscary 43,300
St Kilda 43,211
North 40,343
Brisbane 24,494
GWS 22,340
Gold Coast 11,361

Collingwood
West Coast
Add in Pies & WC and we might crack the 1,000,000 this year. Club says Hawks over 79k and will crack 80k before the cut off.
EDIT forgot that the Crows include non ticketed, so the AFL will write down by 10k or so. Still will be close to 1mill. Sensational effort.

Add in Pies & WC and we might crack the 1,000,000 this year. Club says Hawks over 79k and will crack 80k before the cut off.
EDIT forgot that the Crows include non ticketed, so the AFL will write down by 10k or so. Still will be close to 1mill. Sensational effort.
Presuming the pies and eagles are currently on about 135k combined and factoring the crows membership inflation, that leaves us curently around 25k short. I don't know when the cutoff point is but surely it's close. It looks like a few clubs like Hawthorn will have to pick up the slack as some clubs have stopped in terms of membership.

Presuming the pies and eagles are currently on about 135k combined and factoring the crows membership inflation, that leaves us curently around 25k short. I don't know when the cutoff point is but surely it's close. It looks like a few clubs like Hawthorn will have to pick up the slack as some clubs have stopped in terms of membership.

Cut off date in 31st July

We're offering reduced prices for less games in some categories, is this not the norm?

We're offering reduced prices for less games in some categories, is this not the norm?
Yes, and, sure, your membership base is quite nascent at the moment. I'm just saying that membership growth, especially for the two expansion clubs, Brisbane and the smaller Melburnian clubs have stopped a fair bit, meaning there's a bit of slack for the bigger clubs to pick up. Presuming the hawks are at around 80k, we have roughly 22-23k to pick up.

Regardless, it's an overall membership record for all 18 clubs combined, with many clubs breaking their membership records.

Yes, and, sure, your membership base is quite nascent at the moment. I'm just saying that membership growth, especially for the two expansion clubs, Brisbane and the smaller Melburnian clubs have stopped a fair bit, meaning there's a bit of slack for the bigger clubs to pick up. Presuming the hawks are at around 80k, we have roughly 22-23k to pick up.

Regardless, it's an overall membership record for all 18 clubs combined, with many clubs breaking their membership records.
I dont think ours is relevant to the big picture, with the numbers so small. Proportionally it has healthy growth, but it's about bums on seats at Spotless for us.
I was more curious if what We're doing is typical that's all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think ours is relevant to the big picture, with the numbers so small. Proportionally it has healthy growth, but it's about bums on seats at Spotless for us.
It is, clubs are always doing deals to sell as many memberships as possible, especially with the rise of three-game and less memberships, where you can sell more memberships than if you only sold 11-game ones. Expect many clubs to do cut price offers, especially for interstate members who sometimes don't get a ticket to a game but get a bunch of other stuff.

Yeah its normal
Your numbers matter for the big picture
The afl big picture is growing north so your numbers absolutely matter to them

Yeah its normal
Your numbers matter for the big picture
The afl big picture is growing north so your numbers absolutely matter to them
That does make sense. I was thinking of the $85 offer for Canberra with 1 game left against the Crows. Given decent weather it would sell out anyway at 14.5k with casual tkts.
Where I was coming from is getting 14k to the SF at Spotless last year. That's the real weakness to me.

That does make sense. I was thinking of the $85 offer for Canberra with 1 game left against the Crows. Given decent weather it would sell out anyway at 14.5k with casual tkts.
Where I was coming from is getting 14k to the SF at Spotless last year. That's the real weakness to me.
i'm guessing that 1 game membership is better for the club

West Coast just claimed 80k on Facebook today. Seems abnormally high. Are we including fake 3 game memberships or something now?

West Coast just claimed 80k on Facebook today. Seems abnormally high. Are we including fake 3 game memberships or something now?

I think that number includes your In The Wings members

West Coast have traditionally excluded ITW memberships from their tally, haven't they?

Off memory yeah, but from the way eagles fans are talking on here, my gut call is you havent created 20-30k of Ga and/or 3-5 game reserved seat members

Yes, you have upped it (allowing you to oversell your capacity), but I don't think it's that much

Could be very wrong however :)

West Coast have traditionally excluded ITW memberships from their tally, haven't they?
No, that makes no sense. We've had over 50,000 when we were at Subi - so it's included non-seated members for awhile. ITW are paid members, so they would have been included.

West Coast's 80k make sense the same the Tigers and Adelaide's does.

Still confident West Coast 11h equivalent would be more than Tigers and Crows.

No, that makes no sense. We've had over 50,000 when we were at Subi - so it's included non-seated members for awhile. ITW are paid members, so they would have been included.

West Coast's 80k make sense the same the Tigers and Adelaide's does.

Still confident West Coast 11h equivalent would be more than Tigers and Crows.

Can you clarify what the non seated RFC membership is?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back