JinmboJones

All Australian
Jun 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Birds of Prey
Well according to the mail, West Coast have achieved a VFL (lol, remember that suburban game) / AFL record of seven consecutive home games with an attendance of over 50,000 at each game. Looks like our reign as the most profitable club in the land shall continue for a long time...

Oh, and did I mention we've hit 80,000* members also?

*May or may not include seated members...

** Edit - 80k members, apparently I can't read.

Last edited:

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2018-06-25/eagles-achieve-new-membership-record

90K? Or 80k?

And yeh VFL boys dont bother looking at such low records. 50k in consecutive games? Cmon. Vic teams look at 60k, 70k, 80k, 90k. But 50k is nice I guess for the new baby boy interstate teams.

90k? 80k? Who can be sure? We just swallow whatever our soulless, corporate club dish out to us mere paid up members. The fact that non-seated "memberships" are classified these days the same as seated memberships is pretty lame. Like, here's a $5 annual "membership" where we give you one free magazine a year and yet get to count you as a member in our official membership figures. Yay.

Well regardless, apparently it's still a record whether you choose to count it or not...

90k? 80k? Who can be sure? We just swallow whatever our soulless, corporate club dish out to us mere paid up members. The fact that non-seated "memberships" are classified these days the same as seated memberships is pretty lame. Like, here's a $5 annual "membership" where we give you one free magazine a year and yet get to count you as a member in our official membership figures. Yay.

Well regardless, apparently it's still a record whether you choose to count it or not...
Umm Ill be going with the official club release. So yeh 80k.
Considering clubs already count everything they possibly can I dont think its possible to be 90k.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leads into an obvious question - why on earth can’t West Coast sell out Optus Stadium?
Essendon have 70k members are you selling out every game? Richmond have 95k are we selling out every game?
Turns out lots of members dont go to to every game even if they have access to them. People have s**t on, weekends are busy.
Then theres the 3 game members on top of that.

Does anyone remember when people talked about results and player preformance more than the crowds and members?

Millennials..

I know many who don't watch the games, they only spruce the stats (and the only thing they rate players on is supercoach points).

For Perth based members- what’s the difference between WC and Freo numbers in WA?

Would you say 6 out of every 10 people support WC compared to Freo?
I'd say half the state support us. Freo supporters make up half of the other half. Non WCE/Freo supporters make up the other half of that.

Good result for the club, however, one has to ask why the club needs to charge as much as it does. It is not a for profit entity, so why does it pull in way more money that it needs to perform it's function? That goes against the ethics of a not-for-profit entity.

Good to see they got some of the members in to celebrate member number 80,000

1529470742642_G131MDHV4.1-2.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back