Player Watch Pick #18 (2016) - Sam Powell-Pepper

Remove this Banner Ad

SPP_No_fcks_given.gif

Would like to see him line up on Cripps at the stoppages this week and spend 120 minutes making his life hell. Definitely swaps for a taller defender if Cripps pushes forward though.

Yep, up against Cripps should be a ripper. Cripps is AA form and would be clear brownlow favourite if Carlton could win a game.

My only concern for SPP is that his body won't hold up to see 30. Already tape on both shoulders.

Our captain has massively taken SPP under his wing and into his family. On instagram they are spending some time in Torquay together now. #itsthelittlethings

Great to hear their relationship has extended that far. Memories of when Dusty Martin first came on the scene - immense talent but lacking (family type) direction. SPP has the talent, hopefully the motivation and discipline.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interview on fox footy with SPP and boaky coming up. Looks like it will be an interesting one.

Poor Elspeth would have loved to get this interview. Real shame that.
This is why I absolutely love Boak.
The support and example he has given to young SPP.
Often see their domestic video clips on instagram. Boak is making a man of SPP and has brought him into the Boak family too.

Personally im a bit concerned about SPP.
He seems to involved in pushing and shoving opposition players around instead of winning and gaining ground for the side.
He looks a much better player when he focuses on positive football.
I wonder if the coaches are selling him down the tube???

He seems to involved in pushing and shoving opposition players around instead of winning and gaining ground for the side.

Of course they are.

It's part of the ruining process that they seem to apply to all of our players

Thought he was our one mid on Sunday that looked like he was giving 110%. The pushing and the shoving of opposition players adds to SPP's game, it doesn't detract from it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back