FTA-TV Talking Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Asking Campbell Brown about the fairness or otherwise of striking incidents on the field...please. One of the biggest snipers ever to pull on a boot.

Boogers

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
McClure trying to drum up drama reminds me of Bart Simpson when he and Lisa co-anchored Kidz News on Ch 6

ns9-hcAS_400x400.jpeg

wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
McClure trying to drum up drama reminds me of Bart Simpson when he and Lisa co-anchored Kidz News on Ch 6

ns9-hcAS_400x400.jpeg

Haha, he's a shocker at that. So blatant when he was on SEN Breakfast last year trying so shamelessly to create controversy about the AFL/AFLPA deal not being signed before the season started that Lyon and Watson got annoyed.

Does the same on his 6-7pm slot this year on SEN; pumped up Hocking's 'Super Panel' as one of the biggest changes ever seen in football when it all likelihood it will change nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
This show should be renamed "Sam McClure laughs way too enthusiastically at everything former players say".

It's excruciating. Loses his s**t whenever Darcy or Carey says something mildly amusing. Desperate to appear they're mates.

Also, a middle-aged lesbian called. She wants her haircut back.

Last edited:

Clark G

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Did anyone watch the latest episode? I am not a fan of McClure but he raised a good and obvious point when he stated that something must change at St Kilda whether it be the coaching staff or playing personnel. The other four looked at him as if he had told them he was going to the moon tomorrow.

i can't understand how BT is so stupid. when talking about the crows camp he kept saying "what mistake have they made?" to mclure, who kept answering him... BT is seriously like an autistic 8 year old. i could only watch 10 mins of this show, i really wanted to keep watching for a footy fix but how can you stand four white guys pretending to share banter, reading the sunday footy show script (BT is even worse than brownless at reading a script)

hoianbulldog

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2006
Hoi An, Vietnam. I am off the grid.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
i can't understand how BT is so stupid. when talking about the crows camp he kept saying "what mistake have they made?" to mclure, who kept answering him... BT is seriously like an autistic 8 year old. i could only watch 10 mins of this show, i really wanted to keep watching for a footy fix but how can you stand four white guys pretending to share banter, reading the sunday footy show script (BT is even worse than brownless at reading a script)
There is the problem. They are told what to think for a particular episode. Modern producers of these shows are falling into TFS playbook ala Sam Newman.

Viewers want confrontation i tells ya

Consolaçao

All Australian
May 22, 2007
Melbourne Town
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Phnom Penh Utd (curling)
Used to watch this show way back in the Macavaney days, watched occasionally when it was headed by Lyon, Caro, Watson.. generally watchable.
I thought I’d tune in for the first time in many years the other day. What a panel! Darcy, BT, Wayne, Sam McClure, Campbell Brown. What a diabolical lineup.
Judging by the lack of Commentary in this thread it seems to have become something of an irrelevance.

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
Used to watch this show way back in the Macavaney days, watched occasionally when it was headed by Lyon, Caro, Watson.. generally watchable.
I thought I’d tune in for the first time in many years the other day. What a panel! Darcy, BT, Wayne, Sam McClure, Campbell Brown. What a diabolical lineup.
Judging by the lack of Commentary in this thread it seems to have become something of an irrelevance.
Funnily enough I don't mind Campbell Brown - he puts a bit of humour into the show from time to time.

this rant is everything that is wrong with AFL media now - 2 mins on boundary riders, instead of actually talking football. the general public doesn't give a flying * about whos doing what in the footy media. talk about the game FFS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back