Sier to Make his Debut

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasnt a big fan early days. Thought he was a reach by Hine. Then he couldn't stay healthy and looked lost in the vfl.

He's now putting up some good numbers and he has size and speed. Looking forward to seeing him play on Sat.

xcwEAOw.gif

Screw you, if he doesn’t get 30 touches and 10 clearances I’ll melt!

I thought you were good at keeping cool? I can see you're a fan.

DgtpOFhVQAA5fOP.jpg

Sier will be our fifth debutant this year, putting us in the top 5 for the most debutants this season so far alongside Fremantle (7), West Coast (7), Geelong (5) and Adelaide (5).

Last year, we only debuted three players (Brown, Daicos and Kirby), so I think it's great to see that we're elevating more youngsters and giving them a taste of senior football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard the Same last week
Once bitten twice shy. The boy who cried wolf. The proof of a pudding is when it's actually there to be eaten. You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but Eddie can't fool any of us again. Seeing is believing. There is none so blind as he who is told to see only to find there is nothing to see. It takes a seer to see a Sier. Anyway, Sier is no substitute for Treloar. We are replacing a cheetah with a bear.

Given that injuries to major players created the elevations, I find your euphoria for promoted youngsters difficult to share.

I think his post was looking on the bright side. Seeing a silver lining. Trying to put a positive spin on a difficult situation. Turning a negative into a positive. Having his glass half full. Being up and about. And just generally being a happy chap.:thumbsu:

One thing as a club we do really well.

Give a good cheer and notice when possible to new players debuting.

Given that injuries to major players created the elevations, I find your euphoria for promoted youngsters difficult to share.

One thing I think you can say this year is that the debutants while being elevated often due to injuries have stayed due to form and played a lot more.

Last year we had

Brown 5
Daicos 2
Kirby 1

so only 8 games between them

And generally those were not convincing performances anyway.

This year it's (to date)

Stephenson 13
Murray 9
Appleby 7
Mihocek 3

With 3 of those playing on merit on the weekend, and now Sier gets a chance.

We have been very fortunate as the drop off/unavailability of the likes of Wells, Varcoe, Reid, Elliott has been compensated admirably so far. When more fancied players return, even then its probably the likes of Mayne, Greenwood I'd be dropping, and we havent reached for the Blair break glass option too often so there is more there for the future.

Just so I wont be labelled a neighsayer.

Once bitten twice shy. The boy who cried wolf. The proof of a pudding is when it's actually there to be eaten. You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but Eddie can't fool any of us again. Seeing is believing. There is none so blind as he who is told to see only to find there is nothing to see. It takes a seer to see a Sier. Anyway, Sier is no substitute for Treloar. We are replacing a cheetah with a bear.
You missed a cliche or two but.

But you stuck to your guns.
Called a spade a spade (even if it was a shovel).
Made haste whilst the sun shines.

Good effort.

There’s a bear in there.

Living proof that hard work pays off had a change in lifestyle during the past offseason and it seems to have shown on the footy field this season in the VFL. Came to the club as a work in progress and great to see his form in the magoos paying off. Fingers crossed he kills it on debut and he becomes another cog in our midfield. All the best bud!

Last edited:
I can’t believe the anticipation and hype surrounding this kid. I sincerely hope he goes well but will be pleasantly surprised if he does more than hold his own.

We’ve had a great run with debutants this year.

Stephenson is red hot favourite for the Rising Star
Murray has provided excitement
Mihocek trained as a backman, was chucked in the forward line and has been kicking goals.
Appleby has been doing well

You missed a perfect opportunity to say siering is believing and now I bearly have any respect for you :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back