QAFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Stuy1 - you did have 5 guys over 40 one over 50 playing a game in your 2's not that long ago...

Now look at Broadbeach - Saw a post before their bye to see all their sides are in the top 5.

Stuyd I bet they don’t have any 40yos running around anymore

Do we expect too much? Warm up areas, hardness of the ground? MtGravatt was resurfaced in last 18 months at a cost of over $100k. In general grounds and facilities have improved dramatically in passed decade. Maybe we are getting too precious

There is too precious and then there is just s**t facilities- Mt Gravatt oval, coaches boxes and changerooms are not standard- not the only club

You must play reserves in the qafl Gazza? Noosa and Maroochydore would easily account for any qafl reserves team, and to say its a blight on your club if older guys running around is an arrogant out of touch comment. You do what you have to do to put sides on the park each week and if some 'older' guys are prepared to help out then bloody good on them. This isnt an elite high quality comp we are talking about here, only equivalent imo to a good vic country comp at best. You have obviously never had a coaching or support role within a club to understand the challenges faced from week to week!

Maroochydore, Noosa and Coloundara should join forces and create a qafl super team and enter the competition next season.

Maroochydore, Noosa and Coloundara should join forces and create a qafl super team and enter the competition next season.
The thing that everyone is too precious about is the competition named qafl.i wish it could be changed to the allied Pickford cup or the ikea cup so as it is not referred to as Queensland’s best football comp and god forbidden compared or talked about in the same vein as the sanfl,qafl or vfl.the Neafl comp has Queensland’s best 5 sides in it and until
They come back and align themselves with the other strongest sides in Brisbane and the goldy facility and playing standards should b accepted for what they are In this non dominant Afl state

The thing that everyone is too precious about is the competition named qafl.i wish it could be changed to the allied Pickford cup or the ikea cup so as it is not referred to as Queensland’s best football comp and god forbidden compared or talked about in the same vein as the sanfl,qafl or vfl.the Neafl comp has Queensland’s best 5 sides in it and until
They come back and align themselves with the other strongest sides in Brisbane and the goldy facility and playing standards should b accepted for what they are In this non dominant Afl state

Most Div 1 Senior teams would easily account for QAFL Reserves teams. I don't think thats really in dispute is it?

I don't think it is genuinely in dispute and not sure of the relevance in discussion anyway. Most of the dominant two's players at QAFL level would be solid at div 1 but definitely not game changers.

More importantly this weeks games - massive opportunity in Surfers v Morningside - big leg up for the winner.
Cats v Maggies an interesting one as well.

There is too precious and then there is just s**t facilities- Mt Gravatt oval, coaches boxes and changerooms are not standard- not the only club

What's "Standard"?? Think you need to get out more and have a look around at facilities in some Vic metro and country towns. Much better facilities in the main in Qld.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Siders put 300 on them in 1990, I remember it like it was yesterday!

We kicked nearly 300 in 88 against Kedron, but fell short despite having 65+ scoring shots. Southport has never cracked 300.

Disagree - the top 3 or 4 reserves teams would easily defeat anyone under 3rd place in div 1

Our Reserves are 6th, but its fairly even this year and we beat 2nd and 4th.

All due respect to our 2s, but they wouldn't beat any of the top 8 Div 1 Senior sides. Maybe Burleigh and would probably beat the Devils (sorry Longy!)

Stuy1 - you did have 5 guys over 40 one over 50 playing a game in your 2's not that long ago...

SMY ,, what are u talking about ,,, was 3 guys over 40 and one Korey Fulton whom got 3 votes in the league medal count .. lol
This occurred once ,, 2 seasons ago ,,, end of story

Now look at Broadbeach - Saw a post before their bye to see all their sides are in the top 5.

Stuyd I bet they don’t have any 40yos running around anymore

Gazza,,,, correct ,,, this was a one off 2 years ago where we were decimated in all grades with injuries ,,, is the only time its occured ,,,, our depth today in all grades is strong as indicated in our positions on the ladder in all grades. So these comments from fellow posters are so off the mark ... I have seen quite a few division one games over the past 2 seasons and only the top 3 sides may defeat most AFLQ Reserves sides ... there is a big gap in standards from Div one to AFLQ ...

See ex Vulture gun be it Sam Stubbs whom moved down south to play with the Wodonga Raiders in the strong ovens and murray comp ,has not made the cut there and is returning to QLD,,,,,, Will he come back to the Vultures ??????
If so,,, a great plus for the club

Looks like Sam was in and out of their seniors. Bit like when he played at palmy, but he definitely had a good year at the vultures and knows where they are.

Interesting round ahead I’m tipping Morningside to get over a gallant Demons,

the cats to get it done just v Maggies.

Palmy too strong for Sandgate despite helping Suns neafl with Woolley and

Vultures to pummel Wilson Grange who seem to have an injury crisis every year like the GC Suns ( how many times in a row do you get unlucky before you question what is happening?)

An excellent round that will shape the 5

SMY ,, what are u talking about ,,, was 3 guys over 40 and one Korey Fulton whom got 3 votes in the league medal count .. lol
This occurred once ,, 2 seasons ago ,,, end of story

Few more than that stuyd my mate played and he was nearly 55!
Not a criticism, just a comment to this guy Gazza who overrates qafl 2s and shows a lack of respect for clubs who (like u 2 years ago) are doing it a bit tough numbers wise.
Qafl sides are no different to most other clubs around Aust, will have good and bad years personnel wise. Broadbeach did 2 years ago and would have played with 16 blokes in a 2s game if not for a few old blokes putting hand up, at the ground mind u, not selected prior.

Gazza,,,, correct ,,, this was a one off 2 years ago where we were decimated in all grades with injuries ,,, is the only time its occured ,,,, our depth today in all grades is strong as indicated in our positions on the ladder in all grades. So these comments from fellow posters are so off the mark ... I have seen quite a few division one games over the past 2 seasons and only the top 3 sides may defeat most AFLQ Reserves sides ... there is a big gap in standards from Div one to AFLQ ...

Few people pretty well placed seem to differ stuyd with this opinion. Such as Thommo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back