Draft Review 2016 - Revisiting the 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Jarrod Berry might not end up in the best three of this draft but he will end up in the top ten. Already mixing in the middle against elite mids from every side and holding his own and has the perfect modern day build. Here's hoping the Lions retain Berry and McCluggage for the next decade as they have long careers ahead of them.

Tom Stewart the big bolter.

Jarrod Berry might not end up in the best three of this draft but he will end up in the top ten. Already mixing in the middle against elite mids from every side and holding his own and has the perfect modern day build. Here's hoping the Lions retain Berry and McCluggage for the next decade as they have long careers ahead of them.

Tom Stewart the big bolter.
How are we counting Stewart in this draft?

he's 25.

He was taken in this draft... That's how
Yeah got that part. Looking for someone with a deeper sense of logic than that but thanks.

In a thread where we are tracking and comparing development, we are including the guy whose had a 6 year head start. Makes sense.

Yeah got that part. Looking for someone with a deeper sense of logic than that but thanks.

In a thread where we are tracking and comparing development, we are including the guy whose had a 6 year head start. Makes sense.
Ask a stupid question and you are going to get a stupid answer.

It is a thread that we are rating players taken from this draft. If you want to take in to consideration his age when rating this players you can, but he is going to be counted in this draft because that is when he was taken. He may not have as much upside as other players that still have physical development to come, but he is playing at a level that of lot of clubs would be hoping these young players will get to one day.

Ask a stupid question and you are going to get a stupid answer.

It is a thread that we are rating players taken from this draft. If you want to take in to consideration his age when rating this players you can, but he is going to be counted in this draft because that is when he was taken. He may not have as much upside as other players that still have physical development to come, but he is playing at a level that of lot of clubs would be hoping these young players will get to one day.
Yeah I would say - Ask a question to challenge the idea of the thread and what makes it enjoyable to discuss and one guy who doesn't understand will give you a stupid answer. Let's end this conversation here. I waste time on bigfooty but this is taking that to a new level.

Only 20 games in. The kid is going to be some player.

Add another one to the reel. Made Dylan Shiel look silly. Will be a GUN. No if's, no but's.

English been playing with stress fracture lol

You tools hes the new Cox my friends kid ids the best kick at the club ...

1. McLuggage
2. Taranto
3. Stewart
4. Fisher
5. Witherden

who wrote this lol

Witherden will get a tag and s**t himself..
I like Fisher but please...
McLuggage is so overrated its crazy..

Taranto a gun..

Stewart a spud

1. McLuggage
2. Taranto
3. Stewart
4. Fisher
5. Witherden

who wrote this lol

Witherden will get a tag and s**t himself..
I like Fisher but please...
McLuggage is so overrated its crazy..

Taranto a gun..

Stewart a spud

Who is going to tag Witherden and leave the likes of Zorko and Rich to do as they please?

And McLuggage is one of those players with an extra few seconds of time that other mids dont usually possess. The kid is going to be elite if he continues his current trajectory!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me will Hayward is a stand out. Plays as second or first (when bud is out) fwd every week and stands up time and time again on good defenders. Takes on more responsibility than most and thrives

Luke Ryan comfortably the best performed Freo player from this draft and I would argue is comfortably in the top 10 along with Stewart.

He is performing at a level which should see him in AA contention this season.

Not a bad bunch of kids Freo got in the 2016 draft.

Griffin Logue: 193 cm and 95 kg. We took him in the top 10. Not a bad athlete and can play in multiple areas of the ground. Played mainly in defence last season with the occasional game up forward and in the midfield. Hoping he plays 200-250 games for freo.

Sean Darcy: a 202cm and 110kg ruckman. Hoping can Keep him, some vic teams would love a guy like him as a main ruck man

Brennan Cox: 193 cm 90kg Harry Taylor type CHF/CHB hoping he stays at freo and not be lured back to SA.

Luke Ryan: a mature aged small defender from Coburg. Hoping he plays 150 games for freo.

Taylin Duman is a 192 cm tall defender, don't kn he can make it but he has played a couple of games this season.

Overall, not a bad selection of kids

For me will Hayward is a stand out. Plays as second or first (when bud is out) fwd every week and stands up time and time again on good defenders. Takes on more responsibility than most and thrives
Done very well with Florent as well. The kid is great to watch. His goal the other night was very exciting.

This could become a really great draft. Amazed by Geelong's picks so far. Stewart is pushing AA, Parfitt is a jet, Jack Henry has been outstanding and Ratugolea and Narkle could be anything.

Perhaps nobody has yet stamped themselves as a star but so many players have shown they'll be very good in time.

1. SPP
  2. Hayward
  3. Taranto
  4. Florent
  5. Sympkin
  6. Berry
  7. Marshall
  8. Parfitt
  9. McLuggage
  10. McGrath
  11. English
  12. Stewart
  13. Witherden
  14. Darcy
  15. Ainsworth
  16. Fisher
  17. Lipinski
  18. SPS
  19. Darcy
  20. Setterfield

I am no Essendon fan and will dislike McGrath more than anyone after he was gifted the rising star, but no way he is that low and behind McLuggage. Would take him before Powell-Pepper if i'm being honest because at least McGrath is trustworthy and won't lose the Bombers games in the future through ill-discipline like SPP is bound to do.

1. SPP
  2. Hayward
  3. Taranto
  4. Florent
  5. Sympkin
  6. Berry
  7. Marshall
  8. Parfitt
  9. McLuggage
  10. McGrath
  11. English
  12. Stewart
  13. Witherden
  14. Darcy
  15. Ainsworth
  16. Fisher
  17. Lipinski
  18. SPS
  19. Darcy
  20. Setterfield
Just wondering what makes you put Ainsworth so far beneath Simpkin. 26 games in and on average has Simpkin covered in almost every area.

Agree with this top 3 though but would probably have McGrath and Witherden top 5

Just wondering what makes you put Ainsworth so far beneath Simpkin. 26 games in and on average has Simpkin covered in almost every area.

Agree with this top 3 though but would probably have McGrath and Witherden top 5
Lol you havent watched Simpkin play if hes your go to.

Lol you havent watched Simpkin play if hes your go to.
I'm not questioning Simpkins rating, I'm just questioning Ainsworth being rated so low by everyone. I've seen plenty of Simpkin and I think everyone know's he's gonna be an excellent player. All I said is that based on their stats over 26 games, Ainsworth is equal if not better

Attachments

• jyainsworth.JPG
    jyainsworth.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back