Opinion Commentary & Media II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This isn’t about moral outrage this is about someone making completely inappropriate comments on air, free speech is not the issue you can say what you want, doesn’t mean consequences won’t follow.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That's sexist mate. Would have been OK to say that if it were a male writer

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

And to be clear, male or female, the two correct tweets on the issue are as follows

1: Barry Hall is a moron that shouldn’t be seen or heard from again

2: well done to triple m for so quickly terminating the employment of Barry hall for his terrible comment. It shows how far the industry has come.

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
And to be clear, male or female, the two correct tweets on the issue are as follows

1: Barry Hall is a moron that shouldn’t be seen or heard from again

2: well done to triple m for so quickly terminating the employment of Barry hall for his terrible comment. It shows how far the industry has come.
Agree.
Point 3 should be, issue has been promptly dealt with. Nothing else to see here.

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not arguing for, stating that there is one

Oh sorry. For sure. I was having this discussion with a group of female friends the other day as it is somewhat of a passion of mine.

The double standards on various gender issues when we are striving for equality is mind boggling.

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Oh sorry. For sure. I was having this discussion with a group of female friends the other day as it is somewhat of a passion of mine.

The double standards on various gender issues when we are striving for equality is mind boggling.
Be sure to not open the door for them. You never know what reaction you'll get

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Be sure to not open the door for them. You never know what reaction you'll get

And apparently some of them now hate chivalry so don't defend them from unwarranted advances.

No I'm not joking. To them it is making them damsels in distress instead of being a good bloke.

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
And apparently some of them now hate chivalry so don't defend them from unwarranted advances.

No I'm not joking. To them it is making them damsels in distress instead of being a good bloke.
Burst through the door first an your an arrogant pig.
Open the door for them and your sexist, and making unwarranted advances as you say.

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne

To be honest in my opinion it’s a minority of men (the bigger problem) and a minority of women (more an annoying problem) at either end of the spectrum that cause the issues.

Men that go out to bash or rape women should just be shot. So should men that go out to assault and murder other men. We are all people and we all deserve respect.

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
To be honest in my opinion it’s a minority of men (the bigger problem) and a minority of women (more an annoying problem) at either end of the spectrum that cause the issues.

Men that go out to bash or rape women should just be shot. So should men that go out to assault and murder other men. We are all people and we all deserve respect.
Doesn't make it any more unlikely to turn me off being nice to people. That third wave feminism s**t, thinking that it is all about being better than other people.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Something can't be a sexual assault if it didn't happen.

Technically true. Just as making a joke about raping someone is clearly not actually raping someone but it is still making a joke about raping someone. It is, therefore, making a joke about sexual assault. Kind of like talking about grabbing women by the pussy. It doesn't make you a rapist to talk that way, but it does make you a s**t human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back