Sier to Make his Debut

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
Good movement in traffic. Wins it in dangerous positions. Good for a clearance. Kicking astray but he's picking up the pace of the game. Need to accomodate for that in our assessments of his performance. He's been alright so far but needs to carry on with it over 4 quarters.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
His kicking has been poor this game. 3 kicks I've seen under no pressure whatsoever and he either kicked it too short or too long.

My impression is he's just adjusting to the pace of the game at this level.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
His kicking has been poor this game. 3 kicks I've seen under no pressure whatsoever and he either kicked it too short or too long.
Not quite correct, the first was to forward space as per what the team does when space can be created.
The others were a bit hit miss.
He’ll learn the tempo - good starting game.

Has vision

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m having a White Russian in honour of the win and the Dude, the big lebowski

And the Dude, the bear

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
People misunderstand our very own TG.

He just loves to fish.

But key in the sea and if he goes

partypie

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Green Bay Packers
Sier looks good - gets to the right spots, not getting overwhelmed in contested ball situations in close.

Needs to work on the weighting of his kicks in open space but that's not uncommon when stepping up to AFL level.

Looks comfortable at the level with a solid debut.

Only knock was putting teammates under the pump with a few handballs. Apart from that he was ok.
Looked like he was too nervous to kick, definitely put his team under the pump a few times but hopefully with a bit of experience he’ll have a bit more desire to shoulder the responsibility himself.

Looks a very good in and under prospect though. Happy enough with his game.

Jul 3, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Heat, Victory, Man Utd, Redskins
He does a few smart things which show he has time.

The challenge is to start to win more clearances, crack in a bit more with his bigger body, and maintain fitness to run out games strongly. He does have some Swanny like traits, but Swanny was a legendary runner for a fat lazy bloke.

didaksrightfoot

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Juventus

Weren't 2 of his early kicks assists for goal? First was for Stephenson's first goal where he kicked out of a contest to exactly where we want it (over May's head, giving Stepho room to run on), and I'm sure there was another one not long after.

I know he's 23, but he's looks like a guy who is suited to this level. Not best 22 on a healthy list, but deserves to be in the rotation, and deserves to keep getting opportunities based on this performance.

(Edit: I've been corrected by Pedro that he's only 20 - but I will keep my initial mistake up - goes to show how mature I thought he looked on debut)

Last edited:
Weren't 2 of his early kicks assists for goal? First was for Stephenson's first goal where he kicked out of a contest to exactly where we want it (over May's head, giving Stepho room to run on), and I'm sure there was another one not long after.

I know he's 23, but he's looks like a guy who is suited to this level. Not best 22 on a healthy list, but deserves to be in the rotation, and deserves to keep getting opportunities based on this performance.
Only 20. Plenty of time for improvement

Solid debut and his inside/outside balance looked good - perhaps suggesting that he'll benefit from having better players around him. While a few of his kicks fell short or went long I think they were largely a result of perceived pressure; where he made the right decision, but had more time available to execute it. Just a matter of adjusting to the pace.

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Didnt look out of place, needs more games under his belt to become used to the pace of the game but he should be proud of that effort.

Leigh Lowther

All Australian
Apr 20, 2013
Elsternwick
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sier showed really positive indicators for me tonight. Displayed good composure with the ball, provided a bit of run for us with a couple i50s of note. Not bothered by his kicking at this point since hes still developing.

Back