F1 Championship 2018 - Round 9 - Austria

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Back to back F1 races this weekend at the Red Bull Ring in Austria. The spiritual home of RBR but may as well be named the Silver Arrow Ring because there aren't too many tracks on the calendar best suited to a Mercedes than this one. I fully expect Hamilton and Bottas to occupy the front row after qualifying tonight. Last years pole was a 1:04.2 from Bottas and we have the same tyre allocation as last year (Ultra Soft, SuperSoft, Soft).

Race Details
Qualifying time: 11pm EST (9pm WST) - Qualifying is nicely timed just before the France/Argentina match tonight
Race: 11.10pm EST (9.10pm WST)
http://whenisf1on.com/

Laps: 71
Austrian-guide-map.jpg

Practice Results from yesterday

Last edited:

Red Bull TEAM - Ok let’s do the TEAM thing, to be FAIR we’ll go three runs so we can give BOTH OUR cars the BEST chance in the race, it’s the perfect TEAM strategy. TEAM Red Bull on three!

RIC - ok TEAM let’s do this thing!

VER - <looks at other Red Bull members and thinks to self - ‘what the fruck are they talking about? They didn’t mention my name once?’

That’s where the Red Bull logic broke down, when it came to the driver they’re paying millions of dollars to act in their best interest - VER

Last edited:
Red Bull TEAM - Ok let’s do the TEAM thing, to be FAIR we’ll go three runs so we can give BOTH OUR cars the best chance in the race, it’s the perfect TEAM strategy. TEAM Red Bull on three!

RIC - ok TEAM let’s do this thing!

VER - <looks at other Red Bull members and thinks to self - ‘what the fruck are they talking about? They didn’t mention my name once?’

That’s where the Red Bull logic broke down, when it came to the driver they’re paying millions of dollars to act in their best interest - VER

The logic behind Red Bull’s strategy was easy to understand, have the two cars as high up the grid as possible so if one car suffers mechanical failure, or Max drives one into another car there is still another car in good track position.

So regardless of what Horner is saying after the event I’m reading this as, “we paid a little shite tens of millions of dollars to crash our cars, and we can’t have, the driver we’re showing no respect to, show him up every weekend”

The logic behind Red Bull’s strategy was easy to understand, have the two cars as high up the grid as possible so if one car suffers mechanical failure, or Max drives one into another car there is still another car in good track position.

So regardless of what Horner is saying after the event I’m reading this as, “we paid a little shite tens of millions of dollars to crash our cars, and we can’t have, the driver we’re showing no respect to, show him up every weekend”

Translated and summarised as - Max is a selfish self-centred egotistical narcissistic spoilt little arsehole

Translated and summarised as - Max is a selfish self-centred egotistical narcissistic spoilt little arsehole

... and Verstappen let’s Red Bull down again! All that work by the massive team out of Milton Keynes, all those personnel, all that time, all the money paid to VER just to do his job...

I think that’s about enough from me for a moment [/END]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've seen people quote themselves from time to time but three times in a row would have to be some kind of record!

So what happened in qualifying that got up Ricardo's nose so much 'cause he sounded a bit sooky to be honest.

I've seen people quote themselves from time to time but three times in a row would have to be some kind of record!

So what happened in qualifying that got up Ricardo's nose so much 'cause he sounded a bit sooky to be honest.

I’m sure many posters have gone further than three times in the past, this is nothing. I’ve gone at least six or seven times more I’m sure.

Ricciardo just had to tell it how it was, Red Bull had a very smart strategy last night, by running the two cars three times in Q3, this would have ensured both cars would have been in the top 6, as well as not been unfair on Max “I am Red Bull racing” Verstappen, all Verstappen had to do was do what RIC would do for him twice (but in the end three times).

But the thing Red Bull didn’t do smart was allow one of their drivers to have ownership of the team.

Its hard to be on Dan's side on this if they have been alternating weekends on who gets to run last in qualifying as Max said.

It sounds like Dan and his engineer spoke about sharing who goes last but it wasn't discussed with the people that matter, and then Dan just decided out on track that he wasn't going to just "punch a hole" for Max in quali

Max has pretty easily out driven Daniel in the last couple of races. Between the contract stuff and the hype of celebrating a great Monaco win, externally it seems like Ricciardo isn't the most motivated driver out there right now.
Probably because he knows where he will end up, and with a Honda engine.

Max has more pace, hes just dumb. Wouldn't say he easily outdrove him either, DR drove with a damaged car last week.

Its hard to be on Dan's side on this if they have been alternating weekends on who gets to run last in qualifying as Max said.

It sounds like Dan and his engineer spoke about sharing who goes last but it wasn't discussed with the people that matter, and then Dan just decided out on track that he wasn't going to just "punch a hole" for Max in quali

But it’s kind of strange having Red Bull coming out three times in Q3, there’s only one smart reason for that, which will also take into consideration this being Max’s turn AND have two Red Bulls in the top 6. Very smart thinking...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back