QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

I have said for years clubs should be restricted to only two teams in the age groups of 12 14 16.
This would stop clubs from having three teams and thier surrounding clubs struggling to get a side.

Pretty simple really.
When will people learn that you need other clubs to play against.
The narrow minded thinking of clubs and the powers to be never ceases to amaze me.
But anyway not this threads problem.
I think if kedron can get over Redcliffe this week the top four is set.
The only game that could be close this week.

yep - reasonable. And then have clubs filtering in to a Colts team that is local.

hard to force clubs to send their players away though.

We have a strong age group at the moment in the U/10 and U/11 space, I think about 9 teams across the 2 age groups.

If there isn't much drop off, in 2 years that equates to more than enough for 3 x U12 sides.

Vexed question for sure. You certainly don’t want clubs to sit back on haunches and not create high standards for coaches and spectators to adhere to in the perceived knowledge that kids will just rock up when the club doing all the right things “fills up”. Or worse not play at all.

I think it might be fairer to have stricter ruling on kids to clubs that already have big numbers. In SA from my understanding you must play in your postcode...

stricter policing of movement is the better solution.
I'd be happy with anything better than what we have.
Why don't you bring it up with AFLQ.
It's people like you at the core that can change this current culture.
The only way I would support three teams is if they have played at said club the whole time.
Let's be honest do clubs really need three teams in said comps.
If you were restricted to two I'm sure you would have a trial and pick your best 50.
If that's not enough please tell me what is.
But alas it's Queensland and nothing will change.

not sure Qld is any different to Vic/SA/NSW Outa - in fact significantly better in many areas in regards to footy. Problem with the scenario you are putting forward is that you will have the same teams always winning and beating up on lesser clubs. Bottom line is there is an issue and we see it on the coast as well but at the same time what is often seen (and heard) is clubs that do things poorly bemoaning the numbers they currently have in juniors and wanting a quick fix by AFLQ rather than address the internal issues themselves. A lot easier to blame someone else for your woes tbh....

not sure Qld is any different to Vic/SA/NSW Outa - in fact significantly better in many areas in regards to footy. Problem with the scenario you are putting forward is that you will have the same teams always winning and beating up on lesser clubs. Bottom line is there is an issue and we see it on the coast as well but at the same time what is often seen (and heard) is clubs that do things poorly bemoaning the numbers they currently have in juniors and wanting a quick fix by AFLQ rather than address the internal issues themselves. A lot easier to blame someone else for your woes tbh....
Pretty much happens now same clubs judge success by how many flag's they win each year.
Poorly managed clubs will always whinge how hard done they are.
I believe in the team photo rule for success of junior clubs.
If the photo's look very similar each year your doing a good job.
I still think that 50 players in those age groups is plenty.
But I'm all for better ideas which seem to come from a few posters on here.
If only some of the thoughts on here were acted on.
You would have to be stupid not to think AFLQ doesn't monitor this.

Pretty much happens now same clubs judge success by how many flag's they win each year.
Poorly managed clubs will always whinge how hard done they are.
I believe in the team photo rule for success of junior clubs.
If the photo's look very similar each year your doing a good job.
I still think that 50 players in those age groups is plenty.
But I'm all for better ideas which seem to come from a few posters on here.
If only some of the thoughts on here were acted on.
You would have to be stupid not to think AFLQ doesn't monitor this.

Haha - exactly what i talk about too. The team photo is more important than the flags. Increase the size of the photo each year you must be doing something right! Kawana JAFC is a good example of that up our way. 2nd biggest junior footy club (by a fair stretch) on the coast playing out of a school and no senior footy club attached. Since inception have been doing things well, won only a few junior premierships in near 20 years but still grow numbers.

Getting to the business end of the season..... anyone got any thoughts on who would be leading the league medal?

Yep that attitude is rife in lower level footy in QLD. Rushing things and not developing players from within is creating a yo yo effect.

So many blokes playing Div 2 and 3 footy getting paid more than 70% of QAFL players.

Beenleigh appear to be going about it the right way and good luck to them

Whoever wins Div 2 and Div 3 will get smashed the following year if they maintain the same list, the gap is getting quite big.

Seems Aspley going ok in Div 1 and definitely will not be relegated. And Viccy Point in finals contention in Div 2 after being promoted.

So not sure of your statement of gap getting bigger is totally correct.

Agree top few sides in each competition a little stronger than most of teams but it has been like that for a fair while since restructuring.

Not sure what Beenleigh is any different to a lot of teams in various competitions. If you have young talent you promote it?

If you have sat on your hands as a club and not recruited in any level of competition then you at your own peril.

Was a lot closer at the Kedron Redcliffe game than I thought but top four settled now I feel.
Redcliffe twos are red hot for the flag.
And no they are not stacking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a lot closer at the Kedron Redcliffe game than I thought but top four settled now I feel.
Redcliffe twos are red hot for the flag.
And no they are not stacking.
Lowe kicking 9 goals for the Tigers was a great effort. Second term was the difference between the teams. I don’t think top 4 is all locked up as yet, could get down to the final round

If the twos are 'red hot' and the seniors can't win a game surely its poor decision making at the selection table? That has to be stacking?
The ones for Redcliffe today were a good side. Only a couple of kicks away from beating the top side.
There ressies wouldn't have come close.
Sometimes people read more into it than actually exists.
Same way I umpire I call it the way I see it.

If the twos are 'red hot' and the seniors can't win a game surely its poor decision making at the selection table? That has to be stacking?
Obviously spending a bit too much time behind your keyboard to get a clue about whats happens at an actual football club? Redcliffe Seniors have been more than competitive this year and will still have a part to play yet this season.

Lowe kicking 9 goals for the Tigers was a great effort. Second term was the difference between the teams. I don’t think top 4 is all locked up as yet, could get down to the final round
You could be right but that's not the way I see it playing out.

Here's one for all the expert's out there.
All year in the ressies if a ball goes out the umpire brings it in and balls it up.
What's going to happen in finals.
Not once this year has there been a throw in so will they change the rules because it's finals.
Would hate to see free kicks paid because the rucks infringing.

Here's one for all the expert's out there.
All year in the ressies if a ball goes out the umpire brings it in and balls it up.
What's going to happen in finals.
Not once this year has there been a throw in so will they change the rules because it's finals.
Would hate to see free kicks paid because the rucks infringing.

It’s the same in div 4 and 5. We spend the year without boundary umpires and it’s a ball up instead ( which is good because finding a boundary ump is like finding $50 on the floor at a strip club, very difficult to do!). But finals we have them again. It’s never been an issue really.

Imagine boundary umpires for finals. Ruckmen should know the rules as should all players re who can touch it.
You would think so but let me tell you first hand they can't get the ball ups right and they do them all the time.
I couldn't count how many free kicks I've paid for the wrong bloke taking the ruck.
Just haven't been involved when no boundaries at all.
From an umpiring point of view it's a pain in the arse not having them.

As a ruckman not particularly adept at actually getting both feet off the ground, I love the finals when we have boundary umpires and I finally get to wrestle these panzies that just want to have a jumping contest.

Good to just have AFLQ officials on the boundaries and in the goals as well, as we found out on Friday night not every club honours the 'honesty policy' in Friday night footy, pretty disappointing but we move on....:rolleyes:

You would think so but let me tell you first hand they can't get the ball ups right and they do them all the time.
I couldn't count how many free kicks I've paid for the wrong bloke taking the ruck.
Just haven't been involved when no boundaries at all.
From an umpiring point of view it's a pain in the arse not having them.

Haha - yes its a dumb rule that needs officiating. Like the idea that only one from each side contest the bounce, no nominating, could be anyone but if 2 go up from the same side, free kick.

As a ruckman not particularly adept at actually getting both feet off the ground, I love the finals when we have boundary umpires and I finally get to wrestle these panzies that just want to have a jumping contest.

Good to just have AFLQ officials on the boundaries and in the goals as well, as we found out on Friday night not every club honours the 'honesty policy' in Friday night footy, pretty disappointing but we move on....:rolleyes:

Whats stopping you outside the centre bounce big fella.. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back