Discussion The Demise of Nike

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Reckon there is every chance they would still get one. They would all be given a jumper for the team photos and usually clubs do a season launch event where each player is presented with their guernsey for that year. I’d be surprised if their numbers weren’t on the back of these.
Funny thing is, I'm pretty sure the new draftees got the old guernseys with the faux-stitching.

Pretty harsh to say "welcome to the club son, what size are you?" And they hand you a shitty top with ironed on patches while your mate at another club actually has the real deal

Looking at their recent basketball efforts I'm not sure they care much about that either.
While true, the fact that they paid big bucks to get the contract in the first place seems to tell me that’s now their main focus.

What Carlton FC has is boxes of what are effectively blank navy blue, wolf grey and orange tank tops (and some with sleeves) with no logos at all, in various sizes.

They then have the logos and numbers heat pressed as needed. That way there are no pre-sublimated spares with numbers for players who never crack a senior game. If you have a flick through Instagram, you can see that they didn't bother putting the AFL logo on some of the orange training guernseys.

All other clubs (including Carlton up until this year) get batches of fully sublimated home/away/clash/Indigenous/promotional etc guernseys for every senior listed player. All the unused tops then get given away/donated.

On the surface, this new method of producing guernseys seems smarter and more cost effective. But I don't think the fact Nike are supplying the club with low quality product was taken into account
Is that really good enough, even with good quality?

I’d be livid if the eagles were doing this. I’d also be livid if the whole league went towards this.

It’s funny though cause the worst club at the moment has the worst kit. It all adds up
I had a theory in my early years on this board that the team with the nicest looking Guernsey always wins the flag in each given season.
Pretty accurate bar '10 and '15

Some dude walked past me in the city last night wearing a Indigenous replica and it was all heat pressed!
Except the CFC oddly

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Some dude walked past me in the city last night wearing a Indigenous replica and it was all heat pressed!
Except the CFC oddly
We've never had our monogram in 3D for indigenous round.
Also I'll step in to bat for Nike on this one and say
you
try heat pressing that CFC!

(Apologies for italics, on my phone)

We've never had our monogram in 3D for indigenous round.
Also I'll step in to bat for Nike on this one and say
you
try heat pressing that CFC!

(Apologies for italics, on my phone)
I wasnt expecting it raised necessarily but I found it amusing they sublimated the CFC but not the sponsors, for the retail ones anyway

Kept an eye on the game while working, but didn't notice anything. What happened today? :D
All the 300 prints came off and at the end of Kades match he was left with a 0

Back