Player Watch #35: Harry "Coleman" Petty – the answer to our KPF woes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just read he is KPD.

Not really what we need in the team atm tbh
Yes it is. We have one tall defender, we concede too often from to few entries. Lever is no guarantee to come back and Omac need help badly.
Good on him. I know nothing about him but we need another tall defender badly.

Someone who has seen more of him than me can correct me if I'm wrong here ... but from the couple of games I've watched online, he seems to play a bit of a Lever role ... pretty good at reading the ball in the air taking some intercepts etc.

Seems like the most life for like replacement for Lever, it's just taken us a few games to have the guts to pull the trigger on him.

Just read he is KPD.

Not really what we need in the team atm tbh
As Topkent said, we've been playing with 1 KPD and a midsized defender trying to play tall. Bringing Petty in frees up Smith to use his speed, of which he has a good amount, off half back, which is definitely what we need, so two birds one stone and all that.

It would be very unlikely that Lever doesn't come back...

Plan for the worst hope for the best.
Blokes had 2 knee recos, we would be derelict in our duties to not continually try and develop KPP talent at either end.

Harrison PETTY
2018 VFL

Totals
  • 10 games
  • 0 goals
  • 1 behind
  • 2 times in best players list

Averages
  • 7.1 kicks
  • 4.3 handballs
  • 11.4 disposals
  • 4.3 marks
  • 2.0 tackles
  • 0.5 inside 50s
  • 1.7 rebound 50s
  • 1.2 frees for
  • 0.6 frees against
  • 50.30 DT points

Yes it is. We have one tall defender, we concede too often from to few entries. Lever is no guarantee to come back and Omac need help badly.
Good on him. I know nothing about him but we need another tall defender badly.
Me sick, want money now. Mr Kurns

Shave his head and he'd be like a freckly Nathan Jones... spooky.

Interesting he was trying to go incognito with the hood up indoors. Obviously trying to fly under the radar with his teammates, but Goodwin wasn't fooled.

Good to give the kid a game before we delist him.

Shave his head and he'd be like a freckly Nathan Jones... spooky.

Interesting he was trying to go incognito with the hood up indoors. Obviously trying to fly under the radar with his teammates, but Goodwin wasn't fooled.

Good to give the kid a game before we delist him.
He's a regular Troy Davis if ever I saw one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cant blame him for the rubbish up field was his first game and we let him be exposed like that ******* absolute joke.id keep him in for a month but freo dont really have many talls so he goes out i reckon not fussed either way

yeah he looked off the mark, should probably be dropped for someone with experience like frost, but the backline got no help from the coaches/selection today. selecting that tall slow fwd line was a killer for us. no pressure on the ball carrier they killed us with overlap running from their defensive to their fwd 50.

Harrison PETTY
2018 VFL

Totals
  • 10 games
  • 0 goals
  • 1 behind
  • 2 times in best players list

Averages
  • 7.1 kicks
  • 4.3 handballs
  • 11.4 disposals
  • 4.3 marks
  • 2.0 tackles
  • 0.5 inside 50s
  • 1.7 rebound 50s
  • 1.2 frees for
  • 0.6 frees against
  • 50.30 DT points
Interesting. Hardly set the world on fire before his debut.

I liked his Jake Spencer impersonation when he missed his foot going across goal.

This one is on the coach

If anyone can tell me how he was ready to help us win a game more than frost would have I'll jump off a bridge. Wasn't his fault but he was woefully out of his depth.
I did think we had enough reserves, to not hand first year players games

If anyone can tell me how he was ready to help us win a game more than frost would have I'll jump off a bridge. Wasn't his fault but he was woefully out of his depth.
Yeah. Goodwin really f****d up. Talk about a baptism of fire for the poor fella.

Frost has been great in the two's. Clearly the best replacement for Lever.

Goodwin seems stubborn to to point of complete stupidity sometimes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back