Analysis Are North fans introverts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of them are even to scared to come into a pub in little old Adelaide.

Funny how you can’t reply to my queries about your inane Trade JZ comments or Sack Scotts posts

You must have taken me off your ignore list for that 20 seconds of lulz

Last edited:

Wasnt at the game but watching it on the tube I thought we were heavily outnumbered crowd wise and it was a * home game after all.

And I wasnt to emotionally invested in the match this time round for some reason, looking back after * kick yet another goal I was a bit like.....MEH whatever.

Massive massive massive yes.

To be fair I get the feeling most of our supporter base is made up of quiet happy families + older generational nan and pop diehards who barely say a word. Nothing wrong with that but hardly a crew to get into ripping umpires and opposition players.

On the other side you have the bombers who have a high percentage of ethnic supporters (who typically will get into the booing/cheering) and single men likewise. Just the way it is, wish we as a whole got into it a bit more though.

’we are ess en don’ met with quiet stares from the NMFC Northern Level 1 area

Crickets for Hooker

Goldy gets booed crickets

Half time melee nothing and then clapped off

Schmidt nil

Excitement levels rose with Goals but the rest was not the City end hill at Arden St

wasnt the ratio 90% * fans to 10% north (or something like that).

Suppose I am talking about the famed North experience area on Level 1

I watched the game at a pub in Brisbane with my old man. Two young * fans behind me whining about every umpire decision and cheering on every arsey goal. Wanted to tell them to shut the f*&* up but my fighting days are well and truly gone.

Let’s face it, we’re on the wrong end of “Five to one baby, one in five, nobody here gets out alive” and we’re, also, the downtrodden. So, no surprise, really. Our only recourse is to internalise things and vent on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

l was sitting amongst the north fans coraled on level 1 with some Bombers fans sitting 2 rows down from us with 1 fan being an absolute moron .l dont mind it as to me it part of being a supporter and all clubs have them but when he continues to stand up and refuses to sit down, lets out high pitched whistles at every moment he can then its just not on. People all around him were telling him to behave but he just ignored them all , even his mates who were from both clubs. These are the morons and jerks that ruin the game for everyone else.

It's a bit of a double edged sword to be honest. We get annoyed at the opposition nuffies yelling out inane nonsense and booing, but then we get annoyed that we don't make enough noise. Our supporter base doesn't seem to be made up of a massive seething mob of peasants waving pitchforks. In some ways you have to be a bit of an individual thinker to support a club like North. Those who crave collective angst and strength in mutual ignorance are attracted to the bigger clubs.
Personally I went to yesterday's game by myself, and during the third quarter I started yelling abuse at Goddard for finger pointing and sooking, before looking around and realising I was making a goose of myself. So I shut up and seethed internally.

What a load of crap we have plenty of games where the North supporters form a loud fiesty unit.

You're judging from a single away fixture, s**t timeslot for families and against a club who traditionally put people off with their high red tape approach to attending as an away supporter.

The 'nan and pop diehards' are very ones unashamed enough to be vocal at games, far more than the more self-conscious younger set usually are.

What a load of crap we have plenty of games where the North supporters form a loud fiesty unit.

You're judging from a single away fixture, s**t timeslot for families and against a club who traditionally put people off with their high red tape approach to attending as an away supporter.

The 'nan and pop diehards' are very ones unashamed enough to be vocal at games, far more than the more self-conscious younger set usually are.
Spot On KC. :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny how you can’t reply to my queries about your inane Trade JZ comments or Sack Scotts posts

You must have taken me off your ignore list for that 20 seconds of lulz
It must s**t you that I've got the most likes in another inane thread of yours! And I don't need to put you on a list to ignore you, I'm rather good at selective ignoring.

Always sensed that Tef was a bit of an introvert.

253029_f00ccc001a058a87f1ad5482885d3c4c.png

Yes, to some degree. But if acting like a bunch of feral morons makes you extroverted then I'm happy being tagged as an introvert.

I was there yesterday and seriously, there's no greater pack of flogs than * supporters. Every tackle was "baaaalllllll!!!". Every time a * player got two hands to a mark attempt, they went feral that it should be paid. They booed Goldy, they booed Cunners even though they didn't do much. They seem to take some sort of high ground mentality despite nearly going 15 years without a finals win, in which time their club disgraced itself ad the game with the most systematic cheating ever seen in the game - and even then a guilty verdict from the highest anti-doping agency in the world had them wanting to be victims.

Let's embrace the way we follow our club. You stay classy North fans. Go f*** yourself Essendon.

Yes, to some degree. But if acting like a bunch of feral morons makes you extroverted then I'm happy being tagged as an introvert.

I was there yesterday and seriously, there's no greater pack of flogs than * supporters. Every tackle was "baaaalllllll!!!". Every time a * player got two hands to a mark attempt, they went feral that it should be paid. They booed Goldy, they booed Cunners even though they didn't do much. They seem to take some sort of high ground mentality despite nearly going 15 years without a finals win, in which time their club disgraced itself ad the game with the most systematic cheating ever seen in the game - and even then a guilty verdict from the highest anti-doping agency in the world had them wanting to be victims.

Let's embrace the way we follow our club. You stay classy North fans. Go f*** yourself Essendon.

I didn’t really know wat to expect sitting there

It was great when a goal was kicked but after that it was pretty much let’s go kangas let’s go

It is wat it is and for the crap hung on them a few weeks back in another thread they seemed like a good bunch and mix of all

It doesnt help when they have 75% of the stadium's seats reserved for their supporters, several of whom dont even rock up. Then standing room is your only option when quite clearly there a number of seats on lower level 3 vacant and level 2. Would have been a 75/25 split yesterday. Arrogant club

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thought I read that yesterday's crowd of 45580 was the biggest crowd at Etihad this year.
The ground sits close to 54k though and just a guess i reckon there would have easily been 2- 3k standing tickets sold. That leaves around 11000 seats. So what happens with these phantom seats? Always happens at etihad and particularly essenscum games.

The ground sits close to 54k though and just a guess i reckon there would have easily been 2- 3k standing tickets sold. That leaves around 11000 seats. So what happens with these phantom seats? Always happens at etihad and particularly essenscum games.

From Level 1, Level 3 looked packed

As usual Level 2 was patchy

It was another stupid fixturing mistake by the AFL having GoDeez and * be in Melbourne on the same afternoon

North members are the biggest bunch of squibs of any club i have ever seen.

Make a bit of noise at the game and everyone looks at you weirdly.
When a bad free kick is paid against us, no one even shouts anything, just sit there and take it like bitches.

Mine and 3 other long term members have had our membership cancelled for making "excessive noise"
I really could not give 2 flying *s about this club for the remainder of the year.

North members are the biggest bunch of squibs of any club i have ever seen.

Make a bit of noise at the game and everyone looks at you weirdly.
When a bad free kick is paid against us, no one even shouts anything, just sit there and take it like bitches.

Mine and 3 other long term members have had our membership cancelled for making "excessive noise"
I really could not give 2 flying ****s about this club for the remainder of the year.
WTF for making to much noise there's a 1st .
The NMFC should encourage all supporters from all backgrounds to much noise as possible at home and away games try and keep the faith in North as in my eyes I want you and your friends back at games in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back