Analysis Are North fans introverts?

Remove this Banner Ad

North members are the biggest bunch of squibs of any club i have ever seen.

Make a bit of noise at the game and everyone looks at you weirdly.
When a bad free kick is paid against us, no one even shouts anything, just sit there and take it like bitches.

Mine and 3 other long term members have had our membership cancelled for making "excessive noise"
I really could not give 2 flying ****s about this club for the remainder of the year.

Schmidt being a Shmuck, Hooker, Goldy getting pushed about, Sammy Wright's cut off....crickets...and some of these were right in front!

Mine and 3 other long term members have had our membership cancelled for making "excessive noise"
I really could not give 2 flying ****s about this club for the remainder of the year.

What?

Surely you are taking the piss?

Probably upset the knitters.

Myself and some mates get downright homicidal feral at times and no one says s**t to any of us.

Let some PC w***er that thinks they represent the club just TRY to keep me out.

I am not shitting you. There was a Knitter all decked out in NMFC gear.

That's alright, I have no problem with that.

But North supporters LAGGING other North supporters? That should incur the death penalty.

What a load of crap we have plenty of games where the North supporters form a loud fiesty unit.

You're judging from a single away fixture, s**t timeslot for families and against a club who traditionally put people off with their high red tape approach to attending as an away supporter.

The 'nan and pop diehards' are very ones unashamed enough to be vocal at games, far more than the more self-conscious younger set usually are.
High red tape approach?

Any other away game you just turn up.

For your games you used to have to go online prior, supply your membership credentials, purchase reserved seats etc. No idea if this is still the case.

Mostly yes

Or upgrade to the North area for $11, to sit beside * fans in the North area...have I told you about that KC..huh? Well so I was sitti

Any other away game you just turn up.

For your games you used to have to go online prior, supply your membership credentials, purchase reserved seats etc. No idea if this is still the case.
Ahh ok.

I have a GA membership so just stroll in, few times a season I get the same "have to reserve" thing though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mostly yes

Or upgrade to the North area for $11, to sit beside * fans in the North area...have I told you about that KC..huh? Well so I was sitti

I'm with you on that one Gaso.

Infuriating to say the least for club and some members alike (can honestly say I've never taken up the option) to take the piss on the rank & file to recover a few cheap $ - and in the process devalue the very experience of being a North Melbourne reserved seat member. Brilliant idea guys.

Is it at the MCG this happens as well (outside of Anzac)...say you play Saints at the MCG for example, what is the process?
Only ANZAC and Dreamtime do we get told to upgrade at the G. We got told to do it for the Adelaide game in round 1 from memory.

It can be rubbish though, I mean for the Adelaide game I just rolled the dice, rocked up and got in. I've done that a few times and had no drama, though I accept that risk is on me whether or not I get in.

EDIT: Though I can't recall if we got told to do it for this game, I was never able to go so didn't bother checking. I'll go have a look.

North members are the biggest bunch of squibs of any club i have ever seen.

Make a bit of noise at the game and everyone looks at you weirdly.
When a bad free kick is paid against us, no one even shouts anything, just sit there and take it like bitches.

What? This year?

Jesus doesn't anyone remember what it was like at Arden st?

Yes, to some degree. But if acting like a bunch of feral morons makes you extroverted then I'm happy being tagged as an introvert.

I was there yesterday and seriously, there's no greater pack of flogs than * supporters. Every tackle was "baaaalllllll!!!". Every time a * player got two hands to a mark attempt, they went feral that it should be paid. They booed Goldy, they booed Cunners even though they didn't do much..

That was what i remember. Every tackle is "Baalll!!!" That's just footy. It doesn't matter what the actual decisions should be it revs up the side to hear that. You always boo the opposition and yell at the umps. How are the players sposed to know how much it matters to you if the crowd doesn't make some noise?

You should hear me and if you think i'm bad, when I go with a bloke called Mad Frank he's over the top. Jumping around waving his jumper singing the song withoput a shirt as we left ANZ stadium after that semi win over the Swans was was something i'll never forget.

There's not that many of us, and we aren't as collectively feral as some. That said, home games standing in the members wing can feel pretty loud and raucous - I shout my head off at the footy, and love sticking it up the opposition too. We keep winning we get more extroverted, simple as that.

Yes, to some degree. But if acting like a bunch of feral morons makes you extroverted then I'm happy being tagged as an introvert.

I was there yesterday and seriously, there's no greater pack of flogs than * supporters. Every tackle was "baaaalllllll!!!". Every time a * player got two hands to a mark attempt, they went feral that it should be paid. They booed Goldy, they booed Cunners even though they didn't do much. They seem to take some sort of high ground mentality despite nearly going 15 years without a finals win, in which time their club disgraced itself ad the game with the most systematic cheating ever seen in the game - and even then a guilty verdict from the highest anti-doping agency in the world had them wanting to be victims.

Let's embrace the way we follow our club. You stay classy North fans. Go f*** yourself Essendon.

Couldn't agree more, it was intolerable. When the mark wasn't paid in the second quarter they booed, then watched the replay which showed the ball clearly hitting the deck and they booed louder as if they'd been justified in their actions. With limited North fans around and my 4 yearold and 10 year old daughters alongside me it was difficult to get too involved. The Essendon blokes with kids had no such filter, so it leaves us a little hamstrung. It was like an interstate game. Had one bloke yelling at Ben Brown for going to ground so I counted out loud his marks as he took nine. The bloke then belted out, about 50cm from the back of my head, Rootenders when they were home. I politely responded by asking him when their last finals win was. His response was "when was yours?" It was three years ago when we made two preliminary finals mate. No happy about the fact his interest in football hadn't extended to the penultimate week of the season in recent times, he then yelled at me when was your last flag? I responded, factually, the year before you won your last one. He did one up me though by responding, "so you haven't won one this Millenium." I felt discretion was the better part of valour and I took the advice of our former coach and decided if you continue arguing with idiots pretty soon people can't tell the difference. He further responded by then yelling a Go Bombers directly in the face of me and my four year old daughter as we left. My wife, an Essendon supporter herself, walked past him and said that's really interesting what you said mate. The said Essendon supporter puffed the chest out after spying the Essendon scarf and replied "Thanks, why's that", to which she said, "you just embarrassed yourself and me!" I'm a little mellow in the early 40's, but I am pretty happy not carrying on like so many of their supporters did all day. I've not seen that bias a crowd anywhere other than visits to the Adelaide Oval and Subiaco.

Lol, knock it off.
Stood behind our cheer squad end goals on Sunday and we are no different to any other set of supporters, and to say otherwise is a complete lie.
It may feel a little “introverted” as we were heavily outnumbered, but our crowds have been terrible regardless.
Not even getting 30k against Richmond when we were flying was bad, even with the Mother’s Day timeslot.

I agree with the thread title. Some of our fans are sooks. I got told to pipe down by one North male supporter aged in his 40's "because I was too excited and loud" after Ziebell kicked the winner vs the Dogs. I believe I have the right to celebrate a match winning goal like I won the lottery. I replied with "if you want to watch a game peacefully, stay home!".

Lol, knock it off.
Stood behind our cheer squad end goals on Sunday and we are no different to any other set of supporters, and to say otherwise is a complete lie.
It may feel a little “introverted” as we were heavily outnumbered, but our crowds have been terrible regardless.
Not even getting 30k against Richmond when we were flying was bad, even with the Mother’s Day timeslot.

Maybe it was you, the other bloke and me that booed Hooker in the second quarter?

I agree with the thread title. Some of our fans are sooks. I got told to pipe down by one North male supporter aged in his 40's "because I was too excited and loud" after Ziebell kicked the winner vs the Dogs. I believe I have the right to celebrate a match winning goal like I won the lottery. I replied with "if you want to watch a game peacefully, stay home!".

Good grief

Remove this Banner Ad

Back