Official Team Thread Mt Buller Demons - Season 26 Team Thread - Congratulations Manangatang S26 Deestroy Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

upload_2018-7-3_9-25-38.png

Established: Season 01 (as Team Pump, changed name to Mount Buller Demons for Season 03)
Home ground: Snow Dome
Colours: Red and navy blue
Premierships: One (Season 18)
Pre-season premierships: Two (Season 10, Season 11)
Captain: Yakker

Leadership Group Members: Tarkyn_24 (VC) sausageroll Headless cats2rise
upload_2018-7-3_9-28-50.png

Mobbenfuhrer Medal winners: BT (Season 03), cooney (Season 13), Eth (Season 14), lanky_wes (Season 17)
EKA Medal winners: Gus (Season 12), Yakker (Season 24)
AlfAndrews Medal winners: Juggalo Balla (Season 14)
Deestroy Medal (Grand Final best on ground) winners: footyman (Season 03), doggies ftw (Season 14)
Frankston Rover Award winners: Logger (Season 16, Season 18)

upload_2018-7-3_9-29-1.png
upload_2018-7-3_9-29-10.png
S26 Playing List

1 Proper Gander
2 sausageroll (LG)
3 amos
4 sante
7 DemonJim
8 Yakker (C)
10 ABray10
13 Tarkyn_24 (VC)
15 Thetrader15
19 FinBar19
21 cooney
22 cats2rise (LG)
24 fancyscum
25 deaneus
28 Van_Dyke
29 lanky_wes
41 Headless (LG)
52 Sir Hugh Percy
18 manangatang
333 brucetiki
668 TheDarkDwarf
66 Logger
69 lion around
00 Oddhawk
21 Freo Hammer 21
12 fleabitten
17 tigland
OUT: RodneyDangerfield (Royals) , Son of Skeletor (Retired) , roo2macca (Gumbies) , Wally Walpamur (Delisted) , GrandSun (Delisted
IN: Manangatang (Furies) , TheDarkDwarf (Rookie) , ABray10 (Rookie) , Sir Hugh Percy (Rookie) , tigland (Furies) , FinBar19 (Rookie)

Welcome one and all to Mt Buller for Season 26!! First of all I would like to thank cats2rise for all his efforts in season 25 under trying circumstances. I know he is disappointed not being able to manage the time to dedicate to the captaincy role that he had long aspired to gain. Also thanks to the S25 leadership group of sante , Van_Dyke , RodneyDangerfield and DemonJim for all of their efforts in supporting the club. As we all know it takes time to pull a season together and these blokes have given freely of theirs to make this place what it is today. Season 26 will see a new leadership group with all but cats2rise stepping down however it is confirmed all will stay on as senior players for this season except for Rodders who is currently weighing up his options. We hope he makes the right choice and sticks with us.

The new leadership group for S26 is made up of Tarkyn_24 (VC) , sausageroll , Headless and cats2rise . We are looking to these guys help make season 26 one to remember and help us go deep into December!!

Sadly, leaving us this season is roo2macca . R2M was a real utility player for the MBD. In S25 he played in various positions admirably as cats2rise mixed things up looking for any edge he could to keep us in finals contention. Roo joined the league in season 18 with the Dragons and enjoyed premiership success. He didn’t think highly of the Demons by the end of S23 as the following will attest -

Fun Fact: The Demons smell funny and look like naked mole rats.

However he soon overcame those misgivings and signed up for S24. R2M is heading to a new club next season so we will still see him around the Sweet FA. All the best Roo, thanks for everything!

Also moving on at this stage is Son of Skeletor. He started his Sweet FA career as a Wonder and won the rookie of the year there way back in S16. He came to Mt Buller during Van_Dyke’s tenure and has now decided to hang up his boots. Good luck SoS.

By missing out on the finals, season 25 was not the one we had hoped for but there were some real positives that came out of it. I believe the strong core group from S24 became even closer last season. We saw some major milestones achieved. Headless racked up his 300th game amidst a flurry of #fanfare while Tarks punched out his 350th with little of the acknowledgment many in the league enjoy. Well done to both of you on these milestones. Our rookie from last season in Proper Gander will be tying the boots on again this season and we will look to see PG step up a gear in S25 and with any luck.

Season 26 sees another Rookie signing from the Melbourne board with TheDarkDwarf joining us. He should be a formidable force in and around the contested ball with his low centre of gravity and aggressive style. Please get around him and make him welcome.

The fixtures will be announced 13th of July 2018 and squad submission is 16th of July 2018. The first match threads of Season 26 is set to be posted on the 24th of July 2018. The LG and I are working behind the scenes to secure some fresh faces so please stay tuned for those.

We are also looking to set up a practice match against the new look Gumbies led by their new captain Fryer Tuck (a previous Demons rookie) so look out for more info on that.

So everyone, enjoy the next couple of weeks of down time and be prepared to come out fighting fit for Season 26 – The year of the Demons!!!

Last edited:

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-3_9-35-19.png
    upload_2018-7-3_9-35-19.png
    886.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

manangatang

521308_76765197427cc72f2428718899c398f6.png

brucetiki
upload_2018-7-3_9-42-42.png

Sir Hugh Percy

MBD52.png

TheDarkDwarf
upload_2018-7-4_10-39-41.png

ABray10
upload_2018-7-6_5-16-56.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
Those eyes look like cat eyes. Definitely Furies Ressies.

Well the off season recruiting is stepping up a notch as we proudly announce a signing of noble proportions. Sir Hugh Percy comes from the proven lineage of quality Qooty bloodlines from the Melbourne Demons board. He joins Fellow S26 rookie TheDarkDwarf and last seasons goal scoring machine Proper Gander at the Snow Dome. Get around him team, but please bathe and dress in formal casual attire!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I say, this looks like a spot of jolly fun and sporting capers with some amiable roustabouts! I'll be requiring my own shower and a bakers dozen of Evian bottles for each game and we're good to go, as the kiddies say.

I say, this looks like a spot of jolly fun and sporting capers with some amiable roustabouts! I'll be requiring my own shower and a bakers dozen of Evian bottles for each game and we're good to go, as the kiddies say.

This is why I could never join the demons, wtf are you talking about?!?!?

You are seriously making me reconsider my pacifist offseason so I can punch you in the neck for giving me a headache

Somebody explain to me what a leadership group does, so I can learn to cunningly evade their instructions.

Actually if they could please cancel the training camp that would be excellent, thank you.

Though any pseudo scientific motivational cult like activities with free drinks for afters and I’m totally in.

You are seriously making me reconsider my pacifist offseason so I can punch you in the neck for giving me a headache
For pity’s sake - why on earth did you decide on a pacifist offseason? I’m clobbering every second stranger on Collins Street and it’s working out just fine.

For pity’s sake - why on earth did you decide on a pacifist offseason? I’m clobbering every second stranger on Collins Street and it’s working out just fine.

Goon. Dude needs to relax and have a drink every now and then. Also have you ever tried to punch someone when you're riding an inner tube? That s**t ain't easy

Hahaha, jolly ripping rejoinder, old chap me scallywag! Oh, I could really get to enjoy all of this. How about... I'll remove your genitalia from your person and tastefully attach them to the tow bar of my Rangie, what?

Hahaha, jolly ripping rejoinder, old chap me scallywag! Oh, I could really get to enjoy all of this. How about... I'll remove your genitalia from your person and tastefully attach them to the tow bar of my Rangie, what?

.... what?!?!?

Somebody explain to me what a leadership group does, so I can learn to cunningly evade their instructions.

Actually if they could please cancel the training camp that would be excellent, thank you.

Though any pseudo scientific motivational cult like activities with free drinks for afters and I’m totally in.

Absolutely nothing. Well that’s what I did last season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back