Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What if he's innocent or found not guilty how are all of you going to react ?

2 very different things, I don't think an innocent man would have sat in prison for 2 years and remained quiet.

If he is found not guilty then the DPP would have failed badly and public confidence in them would be at an almost irreparable level.

2 very different things, I don't think an innocent man would have sat in prison for 2 years and remained quiet.

If he is found not guilty then the DPP would have failed badly and public confidence in them would be at an almost irreparable level.

Who's going to listen he was pretty much frog marched in front of the media , had every facet of his life exposed on tv social media , had people calling for his immediate jailing for life , and death .

But who can do anything ?
Don't you feel that in life a lot is out of your control ?
If you can't trust the police who can you trust ?

Most of your life is out of your control.

I suppose the only thing you can do is set up a like minded coalition to effect change. But society is structured in order for competition to get the best results so it becomes a balance between getting the benefits of competition but gaining strength in numbers.

The Police are essentially Public Servants working for the state. They for the most part do what they are told. As in the government wants to go in a certain direction so the police follow. That's why confidence in the courts/lawyers legal system etc is paramount as the courts are supposed to be separate from the state.

The Legal System is supposed to treat the individual fairly and ensure justice. The role of the Police is to maintain public order and enforce the Governments Laws. Actually 2 different purposes.

If he is found not guilty I dare say a lot of people within the WA Police force and DPP will be applying for jobs at their local IGA.

That might be fun. We can send Trevor from Geraldton in with his phone. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Sorry, that could have been inappropriate.

If he is found not guilty I dare say a lot of people within the WA Police force and DPP will be applying for jobs at their local IGA.

Not from WA so don't understand the local context but they seem to have gone all in. If Not Guilty occurs I doubt the investigation would continue. Similar to a couple of cases in Vic where the Police said we got our man the courts let him off.

Most of your life is out of your control.

I suppose the only thing you can do is set up a like minded coalition to effect change. But society is structured in order for competition to get the best results so it becomes a balance between getting the benefits of competition but gaining strength in numbers.

The Police are essentially Public Servants working for the state. They for the most part do what they are told. As in the government wants to go in a certain direction so the police follow. That's why confidence in the courts/lawyers legal system etc is paramount as the courts are supposed to be separate from the state.

The Legal System is supposed to treat the individual fairly and ensure justice. The role of the Police is to maintain public order and enforce the Governments Laws. Actually 2 different purposes.

The legal system benefits the person with the larger cash stack or has friends within the system , you have a great deal of faith mate .

The legal system benefits the person with the larger cash stack or has friends within the system , you have a great deal of faith mate .

I said faith in it is paramount to society. Never said I personally had faith in it.

In fact if I ever had to appear I would be very iffy as to spite me having no plans to commit a crime I reckon your chances are 50/50 at best. (Applies for both sides really).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said faith in it is paramount to society. Never said I personally had faith in it.

In fact if I ever had to appear I would be very iffy as to spite me having no plans to commit a crime I reckon your chances are 50/50 at best. (Applies for both sides really).

The people who claim "no faith in the legal system" usually believe that they have been let down by that system either as a victim or participant.

When you say 50/50 at best what exactly do you mean? To get to trail there obviously has to be some degree of evidence to have the DPP run with it. That evidence is then tested and a decision reached. You wouldn't simply be presented with a criminal trail answering to evidence that you had no idea about.

The evidence needs to prove you guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, hence why a lack of evidence wont see people coming to trials. The DPP wouldn't run it or the Courts will dismiss it before it starts.

I don't buy into 1 particular posters thought line of this being an elaborate conspiracy to protect people within certain circles in Perth.

He continues to peddle this without any evidence to back up his claims. He has either "been wronged" by WAPOL or the DPP here in WA or he is in someway related to the accused.

I cant think of any other legitimate reason for some of what can only be described as tin foil hat ramblings.

The people who claim "no faith in the legal system" usually believe that they have been let down by that system either as a victim or participant.

When you say 50/50 at best what exactly do you mean? To get to trail there obviously has to be some degree of evidence to have the DPP run with it. That evidence is then tested and a decision reached. You wouldn't simply be presented with a criminal trail answering to evidence that you had no idea about.

The evidence needs to prove you guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, hence why a lack of evidence wont see people coming to trials. The DPP wouldn't run it or the Courts will dismiss it before it starts.

I don't buy into 1 particular posters thought line of this being an elaborate conspiracy to protect people within certain circles in Perth.

He continues to peddle this without any evidence to back up his claims. He has either "been wronged" by WAPOL or the DPP here in WA or he is in someway related to the accused.

I cant think of any other legitimate reason for some of what can only be described as tin foil hat ramblings.

Hi thanks for labelling me that , I don't live in Perth i dealt with the previous goverment and they tried to deminish what happened to me here in vic , I'm allowed to have a opinion on the topic , I'm not related to Bradley , I've open said I've spoken to his brother about my concerns , what else you want me to say .... It's your choice how you think not mine .

It isn't likely I'd ever be in BREs position but if I was guilty and as OneEyedSpy has said, possibly looking at a 'never to be released' sentence the only thing that could tempt me to nod to the charges would be a genuine chance at parole. Or there be no incentive whatsoever. imo.
Unfortunately, he has to get life without parole. He should never be released for three separate murders plus whatever else he's done.

Unfortunately, he has to get life without parole. He should never be released for three separate murders plus whatever else he's done.

If ever there was a case for the reintroduction of the death penalty in Australia this would be it.

Regardless, suspect the CSK (whoever it is) will have an interesting time in prison.

They will be marked for death.

That grub Cowan case in point.

Likewise the killer/s of Gerard Ross and any other weak as piss murderers of innocent women and children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back